It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ‘American Dream’ car!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Looks more like the future of golf carts -.-
Only 60 miles per charge? Golf cart material.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I'd rather have a gas powered car. What if something happens and I have to get away in a hurry, my little electric car most likely can't go over 55. If I run out of power on the road, then what? That car is so little and doesn't look safe at all. I would say our best bet would be where those guys made their cars possible for 100+mpg and they didn't lose any performance.
I can't remember the name of the thread but if you know how to work a search engine on here you can find it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by venomuk
I still find it incredibly hard to understand why the roofs of electric cars are not covered with solar panels , at least that way when they are parked all day out side places of work they can charge batteries to some extent. Is it that the power companies have ordered the manufacturers not to do this so they still get their cut from the owners when they are charging them up?

Bingo!

TPTB want to meter free energy.

There are way more efficient means to re-generate and utilize an electric charge, in a closed system.

The late George Carlin was onto something when he joked about being asleep.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

those would be horrible in cold weather and i shudder to think what would happen if that little car got hit by an f150 or a big dodge let alone a semi truck.....but it would be nice if they would atleast make them not look like toys

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

That is a horrible, horrible looking car and it doesn't look overly functional as far as weather, hardiness etc. It also looks very cheap to produce, so I hope they don't plan on taking people to the bank with this. Honestly, who decided that electric cars had to look so stupid?

That website looks like a failed attempt to sexualize the most emasculating car I've ever seen for advertising. Complete with pretty, seemingly middle class blond girl giving thumbs up at the bottom.

And what the hell is up with the door? You can remove the bottom part of it? What does that do or accomplish? I suppose that is meant to add some sort of aesthetic value to the vehicle, how does that translate into actual value and not a money making scheme? The only thing I can think of is a pet door, which is irrelevant since a regular car door works just fine opening and closing without having to disassemble it.

This is a result of way too many people paying too much money for idiotic, pointless things all in the name of social status and general bigotry. This vehicle is a huge waste of resources and manpower, despite it being an "electric" car where you don't have to put the actual gas in yourself, a powerplant somewhere does.

Oh wait, I see, its not really even a car, it's a "scooter".

Still, what happens if you have to crank out even more than the whopping 32mph this thing does?
edit on 11-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by outwired

Ford Motor Company sold Volvo to a Chinese motor manufacturer named Geely Automobile on March 28, 2010.. btw. It has not been in "European hands" for quite some time..

Volvo's history
edit on 11-3-2012 by descendedstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'll still keep rolling with my 100hp / litre petrol engine...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

It's top speed is 32 MPH, and it only goes 40-60 miles before needing another charge?!?! Dear God...I'll just buy myself a freakin' Moped! Looks like I'd have just about as much protection from the rain and snow driving one, as I would one of these "cars" (in other words...zero)........Not to mention a moped would be more fun to drive!
edit on 11-3-2012 by bhornbuckle75 because: Blah Blah Blah

edit on 11-3-2012 by bhornbuckle75 because: I was attacked by a giant possum

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
In trains do they not have an electric motor that gets chanrged by a diesel 'generator'? Why cant that be implemented in cars?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
not even lithium ion, sucky clone

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
"* Engine Type: Permanent magnet blushless DC motor"

So does that mean it's not shy?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

its a typo.. instead of blushless its "brush-less"

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
if its not a flying car i dont want it

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

edit on (3/12/1212 by loveguy because:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Although 1 does like the concept of these cars electric brand they still require some form or energy from coal or nuke plants for electricity. So are these designed to prevent pollution or to prevent attachment to OIL enterprise? Also what happens in the future if these are global standard is then the locations of coal-nuclear electric generation zones the new hotspots like current oil deposit locations/hotspots??? Will WARS go there if allowed too?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
for here in the uk the small range could be fine for the old dear who only totters out a few times a week to do some shopping but for anything above that it becomes a pain as you can't just tip in a gallon of fuel to get you to the nearest petrol station should you run out of power and the slow recharge times will generally stop them from being anything more in my opinion

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
so... its a moving sardine can of death. electric cars are NOT the answer to our oil addiction or removing carbon footprints.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
No heat and no AC pretty much limits where it will be sold Oh well 1/2 the car at 2 times the cost. Keep em in China
edit on 12-3-2012 by mikellmikell because: Keep Em

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo007
I would hate to get hit by a big SUV in that car, it would be like a semi hitting a geo-metro.
They would need ejection seat to get the driver out of harms way before impact.

That thing is a toy, it would be smashed BY a geo metro.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join