It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ‘American Dream’ car!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Genius!

Gone are the days of living large...

Mods can move this wherever it may be a more appropriate topic.

If I was in the market, I'd buy a 100% electric powered automobile.

I'll take a green one if it's four wheel drive.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
WHY do people who design electric cars ALWAYS have to STRIVE to make them so unbelievably UGLY in appearance?

WHY?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

40 - 60 miles per charge?

How long does it take to charge...............Meh!

Nice idea though

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It's a rip off Smart car clone with batteries.
It doesn't look like Mercedes has anything to do with it so probably a death trap too.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
arrrggghhh....my eyes on that photoshop with the winking girl giving it the thumbs up
can't imagine it selling much

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I would hate to get hit by a big SUV in that car, it would be like a semi hitting a geo-metro.
They would need ejection seat to get the driver out of harms way before impact.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Yup.
Hence the title.

It's a mockery upon the worker to hold the good things above his head just out of reach, and to allow him to afford any kind of luxury. Ah, then a carrot appears!

Even the luxury of not depending upon oil...what cars are allowed manufacturing-wise are so drastically unappealing it's a travesty of justice and a perversion of where we are technologically.

"You can't put a meter on free energy"

Some people at the top echelons of society have no concept of self-worth, to not be such a burden on others'...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Nice golfcart.

Second line.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Now this is a mini I would like to own..........wahoooooooooooooo!!

Aston Martin Mini
edit on 11-3-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Not a bad little car, but I have seen plenty of things like this before.
Out of curiosity, I followed the link to see the petrol version.
It claims 80 miles per gallon.... I dont know about you, but for a tiny little engine on a small car, thats pretty rubbish. I recently owned a 1800cc 5 door that was better fuel economy than that.
Just does not do it for me.

Edit: oops, I was wrong, my car was 40 ish mpg. Ive only just got out of bed, and half asleep, got my facts wrong.
80mpg is actually pretty good. Sorry.
edit on 11-3-2012 by djyorkie because: I got my facts wrong

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Looks like a death trap to me. No thanks. Give me a water/hydrogen powered car instead.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
When will they make one of these cars that doesn't look so gay?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The Tesla cars don't look too bad

www.teslamotors.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Its just a friggen golf cart with some extra plastic added to it to make it look like its a car.

Max speed of 35mph...

You aren't going to be taking that on any US roadways.

Try here instead:
www.teslamotors.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

why does the blue colour look so photoshopped?

also heard the tesla has problems regarding being a brick if you let the battery drain too much.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
A Smart rip off on the ugliest website ever

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

looks like some type of advanced golf cart

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Get into anything more than a fender bender and you'll wish you got the 4 door gas guzzler. Or maybe not, as you'd probably be dead.

By all means get one though. This is natural selection at it's finest. Anyone dumb enough to buy one of them shouldn't pass on their genes.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I don't understand the push towards electric cars, electricity isn't a source of fuel, you're still burning fossil fuels; adding to pollution and padding the pockets of all those horrible oil companies who dabble in natural gas and coal. Why not push for something more sustainable? Bio-diesel works, ethanol from sugar cane, switchgrass, or marijuana works, or hell even push for changes in the normal electric infrastructure before touting how eco-friendly and awesome electric cars are. Until we move from coal and natural gas to geothermal, wind, solar, hell even nuclear, there isn't much of a change from electric cars to traditional gas / diesel.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

The safest cars in the world aren't 'gas-guzzling' SUVs, they're european sedans. SAAB, Volvo, Mercedes, and Audi. SAAB uses twice the amount of steel to re-enforce their pillars and roofs, meaning you can flip the car and your roof won't collapse or cave in. Swedish cars have to pass the Elk / Moose test; a front on collision with an Elk and avoidance of an Elk to ensure the car won't flip when turning at highway speeds. Volvo builds in a steel bumper used to break the legs of the Elk and flip it over the roof. Swedish and even German manufacturers have much higher safety standards than those in the US. Although Mercedes is a bit questionable as of late, I just remember them licensing a ton of Volvo safety tech in the 80's. Gas guzzling SUVs aren't safer, in some cases they're a train wreck when it comes to safety. Just because something is big doesn't make it safe...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join