It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Silva Method......anyone try this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
We can't talk about entheogens on ATS but we can post links to torrents of copyrighted materials? Seems a bit odd to me. I for one like my freedom without restriction.

That being said, I might take a trip to TPB and check out some of this stuff. I've heard about the Silva Method in my years of exploring meditation, hypnosis, etc. But I'm turned off by these miralce programs that charge thousands of dollars. Transcendental Meditation is supposed to be the same way - you can find a wealth of free info about meditating with almost any technique or tradition you prefer, but you have to pay big bucks to learn the "secret" TM method.

Anyway, I would like to hear more from people who have had experience with this Silva deal.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker10
ive watched the dvd but never fully grasped it, and therefore never put it into practice. must have another look. ive been reading eckhart tolle's the power of now with some sucess if you havent read it i urge you too.

I've started The Power Of Now and am really enjoying it. I would recommend it to others looking for some guidance as well!
edit on 25-12-2012 by revered because: (no reason given)

(post by Friends removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
sorry to resurect a dead thread, but I've recently studied Silva Mind Control method. I was getting somewhere but it petered out as I stopped doing it so regularly, but I'm fairly sure I was getting results, anecdotal of course.
one thing that struck me though was the idea of sending health, wealth, happiness ect, just by positive thought.
a common thing I hear US presidents say is that they are 'sending thought's and prayers' to people, usually victims of natural disaster, or mass murder type events. and I always brushed it off thinking it wasn't any use. now however I have different ideas.
I was pondering things when I though about the Queen of England, God Bless her soul, and how she'd lived a long and healthy life, and how the National anthem would change to God Save the King, and I thought, maybe there is something in that. If you read the words, you are basically asking for God's protection of the monarch, and for them to reign over us for a long time. and I thought about the times when the National Anthem is sung - maybe at an International Rugby match, or a World Cup football game, and I thought, there are thousands of really emotionally charged people singing a song asking for God to protect the Monarch. There is a lot of love here, and does this shared love of the Queen go some way to explaining how she managed to live for so long, so healthily, and to reign for so long? Every time anyone sang the National Anthem they were asking for God to help keep her safe.

Thoughts? ideas on this anyone?

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrastneyJPR
sorry to resurect a dead thread, but I've recently studied Silva Mind Control method. I was getting somewhere but it petered out as I stopped doing it so regularly, but I'm fairly sure I was getting results, anecdotal of course.
one thing that struck me though was the idea of sending health, wealth, happiness ect, just by positive thought.
a common thing I hear US presidents say is that they are 'sending thought's and prayers' to people, usually victims of natural disaster, or mass murder type events. and I always brushed it off thinking it wasn't any use. now however I have different ideas.
I was pondering things when I though about the Queen of England, God Bless her soul, and how she'd lived a long and healthy life, and how the National anthem would change to God Save the King, and I thought, maybe there is something in that. If you read the words, you are basically asking for God's protection of the monarch, and for them to reign over us for a long time. and I thought about the times when the National Anthem is sung - maybe at an International Rugby match, or a World Cup football game, and I thought, there are thousands of really emotionally charged people singing a song asking for God to protect the Monarch. There is a lot of love here, and does this shared love of the Queen go some way to explaining how she managed to live for so long, so healthily, and to reign for so long? Every time anyone sang the National Anthem they were asking for God to help keep her safe.

Thoughts? ideas on this anyone?

Most of the methods out there that I've tried usually peter out for me too, except crystal work but that's not nurturing one's intuition. The Silva Method, if a hypnosis methodology, falls into the same category as deep meditation - going into the nothingness, into the darkness - then letting whatever needs to happen, happen.

As for answering your question, I've engaged in sending out online healing vibes as a group by request, we all sent the healing vibes as a remote viewing practice to one person in particular, at an agreed upon time, and it worked, that time any way. So I'm still on the fence as I need more proof via remote viewing as a group whose vibes can be magnified and sent out into the ether to do a targeted healing. I send out healing/love/good luck vibes to those in my orbit frequently but there is no way to tell if it worked or if it was coincidence.

I think everyone has their own uniqueness of existence and should develop their own special way of achieving their end goals in their search for a connection with the 'all'. You after all know yourself the best, you are your own best expert.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I watched the dvd years ago too, but didn't really put it into practice as it was a bit confusing at the time.
What really helped me to manifest positive things in my life was reading Esther Hick's books. Starting with "Ask and it is Given"
Imo, this is the best book to help people understand how the law of attraction, the power of now, etc really works in very detailed format. I highly recommend it.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorEaster
It does state that approximately 10% of those who take the course receive no benefit from it at all, so there is a failure rate that is acknowledged up front.

Standard scam tactic. That way, any customer not experiencing something like the placebo-effect and thinking it's not benefitting them, will assume they are perhaps part of the 10% or they'll just have to stick with it longer. Long term customers mean more profits as well.

How would a customer even determin whether or not it's working, it's not like you can measure your level of intuition. Which is what makes it a perfect product to sell for scamming people. All you need to do is get them to believe it is having a positive effect.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NorEaster

It does state that approximately 10% of those who take the course receive no benefit from it at all, so there is a failure rate that is acknowledged up front.

Not sure about the course, but a 10% failure rate would seem to suggest a 90% success rate, which is a pretty darn fine thing.

Suppose it depends on what constitutes intuition, I mean are we talking about things like precognition or simple street smarts regarding life, and just being able to see what possibly coming down the line?

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: NorEaster

Not sure about the course, but a 10% failure rate would seem to suggest a 90% success rate, which is a pretty darn fine thing.

Suppose it depends on what constitutes intuition, I mean are we talking about things like precognition or simple street smarts regarding life, and just being able to see what possibly coming down the line?

I think this sums up very nicely how I would describe my intuition.

Is my intuition always right?
Experts find that intuition, no matter how right it feels, is more reliable in some areas of activity than others. For example, it can help you generate new ideas or new figures of speech, but don’t count on it for comprehending vocabulary, where reflective thinking better fits the task, or in judging job candidates. Many situations actually utilize a combination of intentional reflective deliberation and automatic intuition.

www.psychologytoday.com...

This must be why I don't always want to follow my gut instinct in some situations that are not considered dangerous, whereas when I've followed my gut feeling in potential dangerous situations (as a young woman while on precarious dates with men I did not know) I attribute it more to street smarts.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

All i know is that if something does not feel quite right.

Or looks too good to be true.

Chances are there are reasons as to why.

That gut feeling and fight-or-flight mechanic is part and parcel of the human condition.

kind of what makes us tick so to speak.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   

All i know is that if something does not feel quite right.

Or looks too good to be true.

Chances are there are reasons as to why.

That gut feeling and fight-or-flight mechanic is part and parcel of the human condition.

kind of what makes us tick so to speak.

Drinking coffee now, but hey.

I'm thinking the OP may be using the wrong word to describe what he/she wants to achieve via the Silva Method.

Wikipedia description:

The Silva Method is a self-help and meditation program developed by José Silva. It claims to increase an individual's abilities through relaxation, development of higher brain functions, and psychic abilities such as clairvoyance. It has been variously classified as a self-religion, a new religious movement and a cult

So, can it help with intuitive processes? maybe within the idea of developing higher brain functions, but it seems to not be solely for the development of intuition.
edit on q000000441231America/Chicago2525America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: always spelling errors lately

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Coffee is our friend quintessentone.

Cheers for the info on "The Silva Method".

Sounds a bit like meditation to me.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
years ago i perused Silva... but never entered that 'program' as there were no pathways to connecting with past-life Temple Priestesses

i view 'Silva' as equal to 'Castenada' & his Don Juan or even the perimeters set forth in the enjoyable book The Celestine Prophecy..... that is: instructional info in which to go-out and interface other real people in the world

& not a End unto itself
edit on rd31167181584423172022 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on rd31167181593323182022 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Coffee is our friend quintessentone.

Cheers for the info on "The Silva Method".

Sounds a bit like meditation to me.

So from the video I posted below it appears meditation enhances attention and emotion, so I would say greater attention and focus could contribute to correctly using one's 'intuition' in certain situations, such as noticing red flags when paying closer attention and using street smarts together. The emotional reaction to increased attention and awareness of potential danger may be what we feel as the 'gut' feeling.

“ Meditation can turn fools into sages
But unfortunately fools never meditate "
----- Swami Vivekanand

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   
My father, an RAF officer here in the UK, was trained in the Silva method, and from my own background of multiple, lifelong MILAB experiences, it was used pretty successfully on myself over the years, supporting a more aggressive campaign of psychological abuse from my mother who was definitely trained in more acerbic methods involving incredible levels of lateral thinking so that a seemingly well reasoned criticism could be levied at me no matter what efforts I was making to stay on track, say the right thing, be the right type of person, etc.

It was all designed to support the development of deliberately inculcated 'learned helplessness', making me live in a mental posture of powerless imprisonment, ineffective & incapable of standing up for myself. There were several l ayers of mind control in operation, and Silva methods were one of the types of training used for the supporting role characters. I ended up reconciling with my father, and my relationship with the intelligence community became complicated & less nefarious later in life, when some were basically on my side, yet others aligned with other groups remained viciously set against me in everything I did or tried to do, no matter my moral conviction & attempts to live a good life as a Christian man of integrity.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It was a weekend I spent a little more than €300 on. They called it psychometry. At the end of the course I was able to gain from a little data about people a silhouette of these people and I could scan their body and point out illnesses.

For instance, another person who joined the course was able to tell from the age, name and town of residence of my mother that my mother once had her womb removed. I, myself, could tell the subject I had to scan suffered Creutzfeldt-Jacob.

Holding a key of a house you could describe the house.

You still need to live every day though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join