It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi developed Particle Beam Weapon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
During WW2 the German electronics firm Siemens developed a particle beam weapon for the Luftwaffe. It was invented by Prof Max Steenbeck in 1935. Heinz Schmellenmeier, Richard Gans and Fritz Houtermans were leading figures in the project.

How the machine worked was that it interrupted the magnetos of engines in Allied bombers and brought aircraft down to lower altitudes into the reach of FLAK batteries.

Norwegian born Dr Rolf Wideroe wrote in his autobiography that he worked on a particle accelerator X-Ray transformer for this project at Hamburg in 1943. The Philips subsidiary Valvo also participated and much of the engineering was performed by CHF Muller & Co. Wideroe later rescued the device from the rubble of Dresden and delivered it to General Patton's 3rd Army at Burggrub on 14 April 1945.

A second rival device, Ernst Schiebolds 'Röntgenkanone was developed at Großostheim south of Frankfurt. This employed a particle accelerator cupped from beneath by a Beryllium parabolic mirror with a bundle of nine beryllium rods as an anode at it's core. the entire device was steerable at Allied bomber formations. The Company Richert Seifert & Co was largely responsible for it's manufacture.

These were not lasers. They directed hard radiation at aircraft and were the forerunners of Star wars weapons today.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

If the axis had such a weapon, why were the allied bombing missions so successful?
Why was the Luftwaffe rendered powerless? Why was Berlin destroyed?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well I see your point but if they really did develop such a weapon.. they would have only been able to produce one..

If in the wrong place ... relatively useless... also consider sensitive military tests were carried out far way from berlin or any other large populations

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yeah, many weapons, prototypes & other inventions are rarely distributable immediately after conception & creation. Then again, I wasn't there. So.. MHO is pretty worthless.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

The thing is, the brief description(s) you provided don't really sound anything like particle beam devices. Can you provide some links which go deeper into it?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Could this be what brought down Paul Wellstone's plane?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Good point, it clearly states it to be a project area of radiation that would disrupt aircraft engines. For those of us who enjoy skipping the OP and getting on with the fighting..

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

lol exactly the problem with the OP's statements... its feasible the nazis may have had further advanced weapons than we may have been aware of.. but this doesnt have very much proof at all

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Sources please.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The only thing I can do is google their names but I found these two which I would guess the OP may be referring to.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
No idea what a betatron might do but the directed energy weapons are at least partially a fact. Sonic weapons have recently been developed for mainstream use I vaguely remember reading somewhere, along with the microwave gun/rifle.
edit on 9/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Changed to a reply instead of a post

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

If the axis had such a weapon, why were the allied bombing missions so successful?

That my friend may be beyond your comprehension or allowable speculation.

The axis were funded by the allies. Did they really lose? They were rendered powerless on purpose. Europe would have never have excepted a Nazi occupation. It gets complicated Phage but I will tell you that 'they' won. League of nations, UN. Paperclip etc. Not to mention the 2 atomic bombs on Japanese civilians and the creation of Israel oh and i forgot, 23+ Million Russians and 20+ million Chinese civilians exterminated. Mission complete. Jews? 1 million est but most of them were from poland.

Its ok to be fooled, join the billions friend
edit on 9-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I always find it funny how people who don't link articles come up with the craziest theories.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
And the particles were given what voltage?
A heavy dose of voltage is required to make X-rays.
The Tesla coil is still used today because nothing else works as well.
Don't even say van deer Graff as that was proven not as reliable.
The Tesla way makes electrical shock wavers flow one way and that is what you want.
So all those people you mentioned must have used the Tesla coil.
Owing to the apparent fact one needs a great mass of metal to project any wave or
particle and there was a so called metal shortage in Germany the project had to be
on the drawing boards. The only force observed by such methods was the Foo flights
of a small vehicle. So I would say the Foo was the only particle moving from the so
called Nazi Particle Beam Weapon. Not to say Nazi Intel could say to US Intelligence
that work was being done an fill in the blanks to do transfer of technology after all
the rifles are rounded up.
ED: Yeah Siemens might still make X-Ray technology so still makes Tesla type tubes
and uses Tesla coils. So can they make particle beam technology or make Foo ship
for Germany right now. Who can we ask.

edit on 3/11/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not hard to explain. Sheer weight of numbers. The Allied air force in 1944 was massive. The Nazis only had two particle beam weapons at fixed locations. The Allies quickly noticed where these locations were and simply avoided overflying them. There is a US military report on these particle beam weapons, but I do not have it to hand. When I relocate it I will be happy to cite the specific report.

Of course the Allies did capture one of these weapons at Burggrub in April 1945 and that has never been denied.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cowDrinker

I always find it funny how people who don't link articles come up with the craziest theories.

Oh well you had better have a good laugh at this...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Sheer numbers. By the time the nazi super weapons had come on line it was too late. Hordes of men and material overwhelmed any advantage they could obtain.

How was it that a band of refugees like the Goths overwhelmed the mighty Roman empire? Why is America being destroyed the same way? History repeats itself.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Apologies I have found the original reference which I could not recall when first posting.

A declassified report generated by the Director of Intelligence U.S.S.T.A.F. dated 12 June 1944 entitled "Engine Interference by Electro-Magnetic Disturbances" notes

"On December 6, 1944, the US Military Intelligence Service commenced Research Project 1217 "Investigation into German Possible Use of Rays to Neutralize Allied Aircraft Motors". This resulted from "recent interference phenomena occasionally experienced on operations over Germany in the Frankfurt/Main area." It was usually described as "freakish interference to engines and electrical instruments" over the north bank of the Main River, about ten miles from Führer headquarters Adlerhorst.

In a top secret report entitled "Engine Interference Counter-Measures" addressed to the Director, Air Technical Service Command, Wright Field, Dayton, Ohio, reference was made to OSS discussions about a German unit somewhere near Frankfurt/Main operating:

The report states:

...an influence interfering with conventional aircraft... however incredible it may appear to project from the ground to a height of 30,000 feet sufficient magnetic energy to interfere with the functioning of the ignition system of an airplane, it must be concluded that the enemy not only intends to interfere with our aircraft by some immaterial means, but has also succeeded in accomplishing this intention...

Elsewhere I have found references that this device was housed beneath Grossostheim air base south of Frankfurt. The same area also seems to have generated a great deal of so called Foo Fighter sightings by US night fighter crews consisting of essentially observations of ball lightning. These were not the beams which affected aircraft but apparently just a benign side effect of it's operation.

Also a book By Henry Stevens, Hitler's Suppressed and Still-Secret Weapons, Science and Technology, pages 163-207 which delves into some Nazi reports on the matter too. Hopefully this link will be accessible to all?

Hitler's Suppressed and Still-Secret Weapons, Science and Technology By Henry Stevens

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starrunner

Sources please.

I fI see Joseph P Farell's name come up I'm gunna know its all a hoax.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I do not know if it is real, or another hoax. But if it worked it consumed so much energy that there was no logisitcal possibility of deploying enough of those. Also, lowerinf a bomber to 3000 feet does not make the bomber go poof. AA and interceptors are still needed and Nazi Germany had too little resources and too many fronts to produce enough workhorse hardware.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
Could this be what brought down Paul Wellstone's plane?

No, no, that was the Echo group using a veiling glare laser on the pilot on his approach.

Same thing they used on JFK jr.

Veiling Glare Lasers: they're not just for breakfast anymore

top topics

<<   2 >>

join