It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear: Bob Lazar, Fact or Fiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
When debating UFO's aside from Roswell, the discussion will invariably turn to Bob Lazar. UFO supporters will often point to the claims that Lazar has made regarding UFO's and thier technology, Element 115 among others.

Having spent alot of time looking at Lazar and his claims, I have come to the conclution that he is bogus as well as most of his claims. Mr. Lear knows Bob Lazar and in a reply to one of the posts in the introduction, indicated that he still is in contact with him. Since this is a unique opputunity, I wanted to get Mr. lears take on the inconsistencies in the Lazar's story, and how he feels Lazar help or hurt the cause of UFO proponets everywhere. While there are a lot of literature pro and con regarding Bob Lazar, I find one of the best most concise one comes from the web page of Tom Mahod. I will be using his page liberaly throughout this discussion. All items in Quotes are taken from the page:
Tom Mahod's Page

Education:

August 1976:
According to Stanton Friedman, RL graduated from W. Tresper Clarke High School (740 Edgewood Drive, East Meadow Union Free District) in Westbury Long Island, New York. His class standing was number 261 out of a class of 369. Further, according to Friedman, this would put RL in the bottom third of his class and entry into Cal Tech or MIT generally requires the student be in the top 10% of the class.

1976: Claims to have attended Los Angeles Pierce College.
This has been confirmed by Stanton Friedman. After RL stated that one of his professors at Cal Tech was named "Duxler", Friedman located a William Duxler, a Math and Physics professor at Pierce College, who was able to determine that RL had taken at least one of his courses in the late 1970's. Duxler said he never taught at Cal Tech.

1978:
RL claims a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics and Electronic Technology, from Pacifica University (correspondence university), according to RL's Pre-Sentence Report for his pandering conviction (Case 94922). Pacifica was shut down in 1978 by the State of California for selling degrees.

"1977 or 78":
Claims to have attended Cal State University, Northridge, "for a short time for some classes", then on to CalTech.(14)
"The Big T" is the student yearbook for CalTech. At the Millikan Library at CalTech, every page of every issue of "The Big T" from the year 1977 through 1982 was checked. There is no photo or mention of RL anywhere in any of the activities, highly improbable were he a student there. Checking by George Knapp (1) and Stanton Friedman with the administration revealed no records of RL's attendance. Although Good reports Friedman has confirmed RL's attendance at Cal State Northridge, Friedman says this is not correct and he has not made any inquiries to Cal State Northridge. (There was a Robert Lazar who graduated from Northridge in 1978 with a degree in Business Administration, but examination of the yearbook clearly indicates he's a different Lazar)(1) (15)

"Probably 1982": Date of claimed Masters Degree from MIT.
At Rachel-93, RL was asked for the year of his graduation from MIT and if he got a Ph.D. He replied, "No, it was a Master's degree. The year. What was the year of graduation? Probably eighty two because I think I left there and went to Los Alamos."
Glenn Campbell checked the following sources at the Institute Archives at MIT Student directories between 1978 and 1990, Faculty/Staff phone directories between 1978 and 1990, MIT Degree List between 1979 and 1980, and the 1989 MIT Alumni/ae Register. There was no listing of RL in any of these documents. Stanton Friedman has also checked with the MIT Registrar's office and the Alumni office and has found no evidence of attendance. Friedman reports RL is not on the 1982 commencement list.

In almost every turn the formal education of Bob Lazar there are inconsistencies and questions. From the attendance at premier universities (MIT and CalTech) that his highschool performance shows he would not be accepted, to any lack of evidence that he had ever even attended those schools. While Lazar has suggested a government effort, how could you go in and erase his existance from every facet of each school, make sure all the faculty keep quite etc? From this standpoint and the evidence quoted above, How or why would Bob even be allowed near a UFO and attempt to reverse engineer it?

Lazarian Physics and other Dubious Science:

Lazar explains on his current webpage (www.boblazar.com) how his element 115 not only serves as the generator of the Gravity A wave, but ALSO as the fuel for a matter/antimatter reactor that powers the rest of the saucer. Let's take a close look at Lazar's explanation of this reactor...

"The power source is a reactor. Inside the reactor, element 115 is bombarded with a proton, which plugs into the nucleus of the 115 atom and becomes element 116, which immediately decays and releases or radiates small amounts of anti-matter. The anti-matter is released in a vacuum into a tuned tube, which keeps it from reacting with the matter that surrounds it. It is then directed toward the gaseous matter target at the end of the tube. The matter, which in this case is the gas, and the anti-matter, collide and annihilate totally converting to energy. The heat from this reaction is converted into electrical energy in a near one hundred percent efficient thermoelectric generator. "

Lots of impressive sounding stuff about reactors and bombarding with protons and all that. But read it again. Antimatter and matter are converted into energy. Fine. But where does the antimatter come from? From element 115 when it is "bombarded with a proton" by the ship's reactor. Hmmm. And just exactly HOW MUCH energy would your reactor have to put into each proton to have it create an antiproton?? Well, exactly the mass energy of an antiproton! And how much energy do you get back out when the antiproton annihilates? EXACTLY THE SAME AMOUNT OF ENERGY THAT YOU PUT INTO CREATING IT!!

In the interest of not creating a huge post. I have just clipped one quote above from an actual Physisist who has analysed Bob Lazar's claims. The rest of the debunking can be found here: www.serve.com...
Among his degree's that are suspect, this calls into question most of Lazars claims regarding gravity, physics, and element 115. While it may be claimed that he has a higher level of understanding that we cannot fathom, mathematics and physics remain relativly constant terms. Indeed when developing the golden record for the Voyager spacecraft, math was deemed the universal concept that any alien race could understand. Can you explain the claims that are inconsistent with mathematical and phyical laws?

This is a bit of a long post already and I don't want it to become unwieldy. I do have other questions about Lazar that can wait for now. It had been some time since I had looked at Tom Mahod's long dormant web page, and I was surprised to see that you, John Lear, was even mentioned there. Thank you again for taking a look at my post.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This is a bit of a long post already and I don't want it to become unwieldy. I do have other questions about Lazar that can wait for now. It had been some time since I had looked at Tom Mahod's long dormant web page, and I was surprised to see that you, John Lear, was even mentioned there. Thank you again for taking a look at my post.

The facts that don't add up to Lazars education are legend. I certainly don't have an explanation.

What I can tell you is: on March 21, 1989 while over at his house Bob asked me if I wanted to see a flying saucer test flight. I said sure. The next evening me, Bob and Gene Huff drove my motor home to the northeast road entrance to Groom Lake about 9pm. 10 minutes later a saw I flying saucer through my 8 inch Celestron telescope flying over Groom Lake. Now. either Bob knew when the test flight was going to take place or I am a liar. If he was a cook at Groom Lake as some suggest, I find it hard to believe that they brief the cooks when they are going to test the flying saucers.

new topics

join