It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel asks U.S. for arms that could aid Iran strike(reuters)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Israel asks U.S. for arms that could aid Iran strike(reuters)

www.reuters.com

Israel has asked the United States for advanced "bunker-buster" bombs and refueling planes that could improve its ability to attack Iran's underground nuclear sites, an Israeli official said on Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

"Such a request was made" around the time of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's visit to Washington this week, the official said, confirming media reports.

But the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity given the sensitivity of the issue, played down as "unrealistic" reports that the United States would condition supplying the hardware on Israel promising not to attack Iran this year.

Well, now this is a dead-end in terms of diplomacy.

Several reasonable people (and we have seen some ATS threads around about that) have asked both leaders to step down the war rhetoric, with Obama mainly stepping forward and giving some signs that he could be, at the very least, delaying to the last moment any military action and claiming it would only be put forward if there was a real and serious threat to the U.S.

Israel, on the other hand, has been quite firm on their military option. Since at least 2007, Israel has been putting forward that Iran is gradually speeding up and elaborating their nuclear program, and they claim there are signs that Teheran is preparing itself to build nuclear weapons.

Redundant debates aside, it is sad to hear this news.

The feeling this piece of news gives, is that Israel considers no other option than to attack Iran, and blow away all their nuclear facilities, or at least, the ones they consider high-risk. Going as further as to claim it is unrealistic to demand a delay in the attacks from the US part.

Obama aparently wants to keep some cool, and has demanded that Israel holds a "possible" (if you ask for offensive bombs, you aren't preparing for peace) until, at least, after 2012. The reasons are everyone's guess... Elections, military options/strategy, you name it...

What bothers me the most, is the "dead-end" part that I referred. This is basically giving up on diplomacy. Although Obama could buy some time with this (if the US doesn't want war) to work-out other diplomatic options, but it only looks like delaying the inevitable.

Personally, I think everyone is waiting for the final chapter in Syria.
edit on 8/3/12 by Tifozi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Israel has been hot to attack Iran for decades, peace or diplomacy was never an option, and that is why any offers made were rejected.

Really, it's only a matter of if Israel goes it alone, and when. If they do, the initial attack better be well planned and executed, because regardless of what people here say about Iran, they are equipped to fight back, and that will drag other countries into the mess.

Sad news indeed, as this should be taken as the final word, the decision has been made, and these are the warning shots.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
LMAO oh my God I can't wait to see the payload Israel gets!

"here's bombs, planes, missiles, men, and money!"

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I don't like these "important meetings" at all. Last time they happened, it was in the Azores Islands in Portugal, in a major US Air Base (Lajes), and after that meeting, Iraq and Afghanistan wars kicked off.

Now, Israel PM goes to the U.S., has an important meeting with today's President and after coming out, someone says that he demanded for bombs capable of hitting Iran.

I'm simply entertaining the idea that these guys want peace, because, since (at least) October last year, the war rhetoric against Iran has been skyrocketing. Especially with several important episodes, like bringing down that drone.

Edited to add

Do you guys like flash-backs?

Read this press conference: Bush, Tony Blair, Barroso and Aznar speak in Azores
edit on 8/3/12 by Tifozi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
i wonder what Iran's air defense looks like and if it's better or worse than Syria

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
They can't buy weapons but they CAN afford to bring over dozens of congressional-newbies next week for a "tour" (indoctrination).

Really??

Really?.....

Really!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wlord

As far I know they got/bought them from russia
So pretty advanced I assume

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
F them. If they want to be aggressive and attack another nation that hasn't attacked them let them carry their own freaking guns. Yellow bastards that want others to do the work for them.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

What is the deal with everyone wanting to wait until they get attacked before they retaliate.

That is such bull#.

Iran has been given ample opportunity to comply. They refused so now they must be punished.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by stewiegriffin

I don't see why they "need" to comply. The United States has more Nukes than any other country and we go around telling people that they can't have them? If they want to use it for a power source then who cares? If they want to build a bomb with it, who cares? Just because they have the weapon doesn't mean they are going to use it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
So Mr. Nutty-yahoo goes to Washington, tells his houseboy to send over somne tankers and shiny new bombs, and to be quick about it!

The US taxpayer will, through military aid packages and loan guarantees ultimately pay for these, and after Israel uses them to provoke a response from Iran, US military personnel will be expected to go die fighting Iran. Wow! What a great deal that is!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

YUP. And that is why Obama wants to wait until the elections are over. He knows he has no shot at being POTUS 4 more years if he puts the US further into debt because he helped Crybaby go to war with Iran. Plus by aiding Israel it is guaranteed the US will have to join the fight, since it is obvious Israel is unable to defend itself.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

What is the deal with everyone wanting to wait until they get attacked before they retaliate.

That is such bull#.

Iran has been given ample opportunity to comply. They refused so now they must be punished.

I don't go around punching every thug or biker I come across because of the possibility of getting hurt or robbed, neither do I go into their neighborhood looking for someone to look at me the wrong way because that would make me a thug wouldn't it? As far as not complying, lets not talk about the irony of our own country not complying with international law along with Israel who track record is worse than Iran in regards to "complying". That's a bogus excuse and laughably (not a word I know) hypocritical.

You would think the Iraq war and NO WMDS would be a lesson to citizen war hawks like yourself but fear knows no reason.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Just because they have the weapon doesn't mean they are going to use it.
reply to post by Irish614

I think they would use it against Israel.

The United States has more Nukes than any other country and we go around telling people that they can't have them?

Yes because we can and because somebody needs to stop these terrorists from obtaining a nuclear weapon.

Would you be comfortable knowing Iran could strike the U.S. with a nuke?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
You'ld think according to god's chosen people god would rightiously smite their ememies like in that novel they reference all the time.
I wonder why the invisible man in the sky who can't prove he exists, that tells zionists how to vote, hasn't struck ANY of Israel's Enemies..
I mean aside from the fact that he doesn't exist.

maybe Israel aint rightious.

Well there,s lots of room in the national parks for your tent city homeless verterans AmeriKa,
It's a good thing the US army teaches its veterans survival skills to live that way...
what you though they would use those skills in battle?
LOL...no
those skills are in lu of the pension money that is instead going to Israel and the politicians they have bribed to send it to them... after laying their lives on for Israel because the Israeli god woun't help the un rightious.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stewiegriffin

I think they would use it against Israel.

Iran does not need a Nuke to destroy Israel, They have enough conventional missiles to do it already......But they haven't because they are not the villains they are being made out to be.

You are as paranoid as Israel !!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Thats paRanOID
lets look at a professional opinion of someoen who agrees with "Mr" Griffin

Moshe Yatom, a prominent Israeli psychiatrist who successfully cured the most extreme forms of mental illness throughout a distinguished career, was found dead at his home in Tel Aviv yesterday from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. A suicide note at his side explained that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has been his patient for the last nine years, had “sucked the life right out of me.”

“I can’t take it anymore,” wrote Yatom. “Robbery is redemption, apartheid is freedom, peace activists are terrorists, murder is self-defense, piracy is legality, Palestinians are Jordanians, annexation is liberation, there’s no end to his contradictions. Freud promised rationality would reign in the instinctual passions, but he never met Bibi Netanyahu. This guy would say Gandhi invented brass knuckles.”

Psychiatrists are familiar with the human tendency to massage the truth to avoid confronting emotionally troubling material, but Yatom was apparently stunned at what he called the “waterfall of lies” gushing from his most illustrious patient. His personal diary details the steady disintegration of his once invincible personality under the barrage of self-serving rationalizations put forth by Netanyahu.

legalienate.blogspot.com...

there is such a thing as guilt by association....what about insanity?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Best start stocking up on Food and water if you live in the USA/UK/France because this stands a chance of going biological as the jews try to wipeout 1.5bn muslims and we all know our hospitals can not deal with the increase in cancer rates as it is because the military gets all the money.

7 Millon of Gods special people = 7bn non jews and do remember who attacked who first

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
WTF????

so the US is basically saying, "here you can have these 'advanced bunker-busters' but you can't use them THIS year."

give me a break, if Israel gets those bunker busters, I think they will be even more likely to attack THIS year.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join