It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria's deputy oil minister defects.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
www.reuters.com... Could he be positioning himself to take over leadership when they oust Assad? I'm not really up to date completely on the Syrian political climate.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
BBC worded it like

Syria's deputy oil minister says he is resigning to join the revolt against the government.

suspiciousssss.....

As the deputy minister intimated in his video, anybody trying to defect from that inner core faces enormous pressure. They fear their homes and families will be destroyed.

which leaves me wondering why you mr deputy oil minister have decided to join the revolution all of a sudden, could there be a hefty bonus in there for you on the other side? post-assad.

libya 2.5, they want to update to iran soon.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I was thinking along those lines, or maybe he just sees the writing on the wall. What better way to profess your defection than worldwide on youtube. Sounds like self preservation may have kicked in. Quite interesting considering he is an oil minister. Will definitely have to look into this more when I get time.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
In German news media ARTICLES it is not even clear IF it is the Deputy Oil Minister, although they do claim it is him in their headlines.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

I witnessed ugly cruel killing....and will never forget it.....

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Yes I agree..self preservation is the motivation. He loves life and the idea of hanging like a chicken frightens him. He saw what happened to Saddam and Ghaddafi and he's been having nightmares. He has checked his bank account and would be relocating to good ol'USA. Maybe invest in a telescope and watch for UFOs. You don't have that in Syria..you know...at least not that frequent.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
they want to update to iran soon.

new topics

top topics

join