It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Island of 26,000 missing for 2 days now - (La Tortue, Haiti)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is too strange who would profit by covering up this awfull situation and for what reason would authorities lie I can't figure it!!?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
They would cover up the deaths because of the costs of dealing with the high AIDS population, the extremely poor($) and the poor conditions plus the rampant crime all over Haiti. Less population == less problem.

edit! This says it all!
Rebels!

[edit on 21-9-2004 by Chuck Stevenson]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
But, if they report the deaths, they will get MORE aid from foreign countries to help rebuild their country.

They are the poorest country in the western hemisphere more money would be a good thing.

They would have relief workers and donations from around the globe if they reported thousands upon thousands of their people died.

To me, it seems like reporting the truth would be a good thing.

PJ

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Furfillment of end times prophecy - new catastrophic events; nations being wiped off the face of the earth, announcing the day of the final judgement for Mankind

Earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, countries being wiped off the face of the earth - end times prophecy - what the illuminati try desperately to hide, especially now that they so desperately hope for extra time ...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

New type of hurricanes : mega-hurricanes, gigantic size (Alex, Frances and Ivan); almost impossible to destroy (Jeanne, new born and yet able to survive the highest mountains of the Caribbean, at Santo Domingo); explosive birth (Karl set a new record in the time it took to become a cat. 1, 2 and 3 hurricane).

New earthquake patterns :
Major earthquakes (6+) recorded near the epicentre of mega-hurricanes (Grand Cayman/Jamaica, Ivan, September 13).
Major earthquakes (6+) recorded in areas where they were never recorded before, near the centre of new type of hurricanes (100 miles NW from the Bahamas, Jeanne, September 18).

The first results you should expect from all this :
- unprecedented tsunamis, mega ocean surge ----> from now on, dozens of millions living along the flat US south and east coasts should be prepared to be wiped off the face of the earth at any moment.

[edit on 22-9-2004 by MattMarriott]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I think they couldn't find it because of cloud when the helicopter passed. And now they have found it and appears to be no problem. No doubt the truth will come out soon enough.

Try and find a contact phone number for a few places on the island online, and give them a call if you must. Sure fire way of finding out if the islands still there and debunk the idea of a mass AIDS cleansing conspiracy... Honestly.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Is THIS country covering this up? or is it that the news is not coming from Haiti officials?
This is horrible

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

To: Godzilla
If the wave came from the west, neither the Bahamas nor the Dominican Republic (except for Monte Cristi, who is protected by a mountain) was in the way of the wave.
"The island of La Tortue was barely visible but Haitian officials now say nothing happened there." news.bbc.co.uk...]BBCNews

The facts :
- it's four days now after the events, and we don't get ONE single image of Haiti's northern coast - the La Tortue Island, Port de la Paix, etc. No
- the information is being provided by puppets in the "UN" payroll (Gerard LaTortue, and the UN brazilian and argentinian officers )
Scenario :
- dozens thousands of deaths are being hidden.

49 posted on 09/21/2004 5:00:03 PM PDT by Truth666

Omg MattMarriot are you just copying other people's posts off sites and pretending it's you that wrote them?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Omg MattMarriot are you just copying other people's posts off sites and pretending it's you that wrote them?

THE TRUTH BELONG TO US ALL

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Haha big copy cat liar. Man folk do that in primary school.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Thinking about this logically I would have to say that it is possible that 26,000 people lost their lives on the isle of La Tortue yet not likely. Even though I have no definitive reports of an evacuation of the island it would only make sense for the La Tortue inhabitants to evacuate to the mainland to weather the storm. So even though the island itself may be under water it is unlikely that 26,000 people went under with it.

However, since we are speculating on the subject I do have one speculation. Could the island of La Tortue or a portion of it collapsed into the ocean causing the earthquake? Again just speculation.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Curiouser and curiouser...

La Tortue - International News

Meanwhile, authorities were without news from the country's second largest island, La Tortue. The United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti (MINUSTAH) could not find the island of 26,000 people while flying over the region by helicopter on Sunday.

Link

The island of La Tortue off Haiti's north coast is also heavily damaged. UN workers say it is barely visible beneath the flood waters, but rescue workers have been unable to reach it to assess the devastation.

Has there been one televised report showing the island or its inhabitants?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
Curiouser and curiouser...

Has there been one televised report showing the island or its inhabitants?

None here, but a look at the maps of the island show the highest point at 468 meters, it's a large island too. with at least three tall hills.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Here is a site that seems to give the most up to date info, however there is no mention of the Island. Apparently the concentration is on helping the survivors of the big island. The reality may be there is no longer anything there.

www.haiti-info.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Has anyone heard anything else on this or was it a hoax? I cant find anything else!

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
If i were one of the officials in haiti.....(now run by an american puppet, and not a freely elected official)....well think about it.......your island has just suffered a catastrophe, hundreds dead, a near total loss of stability and order across most of the island.......if la toutue has really been hit as bad as we all think, then imagine the effect on the phsyche of any and all islanders if they found out something like this was not only posssible, but highly probable. with more hurricanes on their way and the season not yet at an end, such news could trigger an exodus to mainland countries such as mexico and USA for fear of the same fate befalling them.

Im porbably miles off with this....if this has really happened, we will know soon enough!!

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Just a false panic:

Floods kill 2,000 as Haiti faces a year of disaster

The one good piece of news yesterday was that the remote island of La Tortue (Turtle Island) was found to be largely unaffected. First reports had suggested it might have disappeared under floodwater but helicopter pilots said its peasant homes remained largely intact.

Simply a good study on how information unverifiable can cause panic.

[edit on 2004-9-24 by Teknik]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Fears were growing for remote L'iles de la Tortue, which was was hit by a tsunami.
Yolette Etienne, Oxfam's Haiti spokeswoman, said: "The situation is extremely serious. I don't know how much more we can take. It is difficult to assess the extent of the crisis, but many have died and others have had their homes and livelihoods destroyed.
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
OK, well it's still there. Sorry to disappoint everyone. It's still been a hell of a hurricane season.

These storms just keep finding their way to Florida, even when they shouldn't. Since when does a storm in the gulf hook for Florida? It should have hit the southern coast or Texas. Ivan did a big friggin circle and hit twice! Jeanne started to drift away, it did a circle out at sea, crossed it's own path, and came back in on exactly the same place that Ivan hit.
Who wants to make a wager? I'm starting to think that Florida will get ALL of the hurricanes that hit the US this season- I'm guessing at least 1 more, maybe 2 or who knows how many.
Something has changed. Is it the Atlantic Current? Global Warming? HAARP? I dunno. I just know that this feels like the virtual reality release of "The Day After Tomorrow".

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I actually thought I was joking about Jeanne being like a baseball last week. I was talking about the chance of it doing a loop like in baseball I believe. Hear's the windup and then the pitch. Or is that a fast ball or curve ball? It's looks pretty nasty for Florida whatever it is called.

Concerning Haiti, I heard from a priest from Haiti that up to a few thousand people are dead or missing in Haiti. They are destitute down there I heard. Dogs are even eating some of the corpses on the streets because they haven't all been buried (or weren't at the time he heard of this). This priest was from Sicily and quite amusing to listen to. I heard that he was doing missionary work in Haiti. He said he was basically pigging out on pasta while here in the US before he returns and only gets to eat beans rice and milk back in Haiti. He was promoting Food For the Poor to help provide food etc. for the people of Haiti. I admire someone who is actually doing something to help the situation instead of talk about how bad things are.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join