It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since the Dennis Kucinich thread got hijacked.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think it's important to remind everyone what the people of Ohio and America recently lost.
This is how you represent the citizens of your district! We cannot continue to lose representatives like him, and hopefully his participation in politics is not over.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Hijacked or didn't like the discussion? Just because you don't like the way a conversation is going doesn't mean you pick up your ball and go to another playground. If you are that much in the tank for someone why not stand up for them in the fight -- in the conversation that is going against them?

How do you people operate when faced with the daily conflict of life? Just reinvent yourself? Start over?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
You should know, you participated in the thread. Furthermore, I will not involve myself in a thread that escalates to personal attacks. Now did you have a logical argument, or are you just trying to pick a fight?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by GD21D

Hijacked or didn't like the discussion? Just because you don't like the way a conversation is going doesn't mean you pick up your ball and go to another playground. If you are that much in the tank for someone why not stand up for them in the fight -- in the conversation that is going against them?

How do you people operate when faced with the daily conflict of life? Just reinvent yourself? Start over?

Yes I did participate in the thread. But if you want to take the above, as a personal attack, then that is your prerogative but you would be hard pressed to find support that it is actually a personal attack.

My logical and productive question was this: Why start a completely other thread that is based on the same subject solely because you felt the other thread was hijacked? Why not stand for your man against the tidal wave if he was that great?

But because the narrative and discussion went against the several who are for Kucinich, you decided to start anew.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Why would I start a new thread on the same subject? Well, I thought I explained why in my last post. Is there a dialog disconnect between us? I have absolutely no issue with someone who may have different ideas than myself. What I do have an issue with is someone who results to name calling and other schoolyard tactics because it is counterproductive to any decent debatable material. It takes away from the main debate, just as you're doing here. That's it, I guess I'll have to start a new Kucinich thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D

Why would I start a new thread on the same subject? Well, I thought I explained why in my last post. Is there a dialog disconnect between us? I have absolutely no issue with someone who may have different ideas than myself. What I do have an issue with is someone who results to name calling and other schoolyard tactics because it is counterproductive to any decent debatable material. It takes away from the main debate, just as you're doing here. That's it, I guess I'll have to start a new Kucinich thread.

Ah! Have I resulted to school grounds tactics? Or is questioning your position enough to start another thread? What is the main debate? That Kucinich was a noble man? That he was the representative we all deserve? Aren't those all based on perception and position? While you may absolutely adore him, there are others that oppose him. Is such opposition bad? Apparently by your insistence to produce another thread on the same subject it is.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by GD21D

Ah! Have I resulted to school grounds tactics? Or is questioning your position enough to start another thread? What is the main debate? That Kucinich was a noble man? That he was the representative we all deserve? Aren't those all based on perception and position? While you may absolutely adore him, there are others that oppose him. Is such opposition bad? Apparently by your insistence to produce another thread on the same subject it is.
When did I ever infer that it was you who resulted in school yard tactics? I don't recall naming anyone specific. Now you seem to come across as arguing for the sake of arguing. Adore him? Hardly, but I do appreciate his position on going after corporate criminals. That is my perception and position. If you're perception or position is anti Kucinich you still haven't produced one valid argument. Don't worry, I'll wait.

top topics

join