It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-American Protests Intensify in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
BAGHDAD (AFP) - Anti-American protests intensified here and in southern Iraq as US forces struggled with the complex task of rebuilding the country after toppling the regime of Saddam Hussein.

Exasperated US military officials tried to hamper the media from covering new demonstrations in Baghdad on Tuesday while some 20,000 people in the Shiite Muslim bastion of Nasiriyah railed against a US-staged meeting on Iraq's future...

For the first time, visibly angered US military officials sought to distance the media from the protest, moving reporters and cameras about 30 meters (yards) from the barbed-wired entrance to the hotel.

"We want you to pull back to the back of the hotel because they (the Iraqis) are only performing because the media are here," said a marine colonel who wore the name Zarcone but would not give his first name or title.

READ IT HERE

Should anyone be confused, here is how it works: When Iraqis kiss a US soldier in front of a news photographer they're celebrating their newfound "liberation." When they protest against US policies it isn't an inspiring act of "democracy" but a dangerous performance that must be discouraged with force.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
When you give democracy to a group of people who have never heard it they will show you what true democracy is.

Good work, Iraqi's.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
" Anti-American Protests Intensify in Iraq "....and BT & Illmatic67 are happy.

So logic and so pathetic.....

We've just to wait a few for a Nans post, and the triumvira will be completed.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
"Thousands of people have taken to the streets of Baghdad after Friday prayers, to protest against what they see as a foreign occupation of their country".

So much for the TV News reports on the Iraqis welcoming the Americans with open arms. What do we see now, we see marchers carrying flags and banners saying "No to occupation" and demanding that the unity of Iraq be preserved. These are supposed to be the people desperate for liberation from Saddam's evil rule.

Oh dear, America what have you done?

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
well they are wasting their time taking to the streets cause our government don't care what the people want. they've said as much on many occasions. if we can't get them to listen our gripes the iraqi's for damn sure may as well sit down and accept their fate.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Seeing how 75% of the public is with Bush, I wouldn't say that the government doesn't listen. Besides, the government shouldn't listen to people who say "Please, do not protect us! Cause us to appear weak so that more of us may be killed! We want our children and wives to die!!"

Liberation of the Iraqi people wasn't the main goal, it is only a side benefit for them. It won't last long, anyway. They'll be subjugated once again before long.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
That 75% are, at best, wartime polls, the exact figures are probably reverse

to stay on topic, a link to a news source in relation to the topic : www.iraqwar.ru...

[Edited on 18-4-2003 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This was bound to happen. If they do give the iraqi's a democracy then the person running will only win if he's anti-american?!?! the willing have just met there match

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
TC in thread after thread you pushed hard for the liberation and called us the righteous liberator trying to convince folk that the death would be worth it. how is it you can snatch all those months of post back in one short sentence. tell me, how is it possible to believe this was the right thing to do when the outcome doesn't change things for the iraqi people? hmmm, murder thousands and call it liberation until it's really time to liberate then subjugate instead.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I still call it "Americanization". If I'm not mistaken that was also attempted in south east asia with out favoritable results. if what is reported is true, then these people for the first time have the chance to do anything they wanted, with out retribution. also they have nothing in reguards to a organized leadership.

[Edited on 18-4-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
hummm

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Why do they equate Bush with Saddam??? Here is why:

1--4,500-6,500 Iraqi children die each month from Sanctions imposed on essential medicines, and plastic.Those Sanctions can be lifted by Bush but they are not.

2--Did we not tell the people of Karbala to rise up in 1991??? Did they not rise up and fall down while we looked on as the Iraqi Military slaughtered them???? Yes we did. Would that be acceptable to you????

3--The fact that millions of other people had to die just so the US could rub Saddam's face in the dirt of international acclaim. Saddam was once a asset of the US Military, but has now become a menace under their guidence. We trained Saddam into his own demise.

Need I say more????

[Edited on 18-4-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
At least they can protest. Under Saddam, they were all dead.

No protestation under Saddam. Don't forget it !!!

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
At least they can protest. Under Saddam, they were all dead.

No protestation under Saddam. Don't forget it !!!

Actually, US Troops are firing at Iraqi protesters.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
starved them slowly of all life and freedom.

This freedom for Iraqis could have started in 1991. If we were real patroitic freedom driven crusaders then the Iraqis would have seen freedom in 1921. So let us not make a big deal out of this liberation. For it will only be a powder keg due to the political make up of this situation. We can't be liberators and oppressors. Yet we are. So that will cause the liberators to be enemies of the people. Those people want the liberators gone, but they still want the help of the hated liberator. Why???? Cause they need it. Yet it seems that we look for any reason to get out as fast as possible. That is what the people in America want. They want no war or blame. Yet they should praise this liberation. They should scream OCCUPATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why???? I said it before. They need it. They need our help. They won't be able to keep the peace when the law hasn't been established. Not after the law of Saddam looming over their heads for the bulk of their lives. What people don't understand is that the Iraqi people are sick of law and order. They want anarchy. Who can blame them???

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Actually, US Troops are firing at Iraqi protesters.

I'm sure that we want the same thing Illmatic67. Freedom for Irakis peoples. But I know one thing.If we let those fanatics Islamist who now are protesting , taking the power in Irak, Irak will go back in a dark era and the peoples will ends to regret Saddam Hussein.

Sure that you don't want to see Irak becoming a new tyrany, like we saw it in Afghanistan or Iran, or in Arabia.

I remember perfectly the taliban in Afghanistan and the mollah in Iran. These guys are NOT democratic and are very dangerous, not only for ,themselves, but for the whole world.

Middle-East nations would be more safe and secure if Islam was staying outside from power. But I know that's not easy, since Islam want to rule everything : Faith, Politic, Life...everything.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Heres the guy that gets to clean up the mess, NOT. I don't know about this idea but hopefully it is in favor of the people. Do they even know this guy?! Do they care, who knows an arab on ats?

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
UP: seems you think anything is better than nothing...a little liberty is better than no liberty. how about all out liberty? what did we promise the Iraqi's, a democracy. it's their country, their oil, yada, yada, yada...now it's like we will do this however we want whether you like it or not...and i heard today on the news that Iraq will be producing a billion barrells of oil a day in two months--full capacity.

you really think the government is going to stand up to what they promised. free enterprise-freedom period. please there is too much at stake. they make promises they won't keep and the people suffer still just like they suffer all over the world at the hands of governments. now, what do you say to americans? we have to stay because it's unstable? the whole thing is a big joke. we are your liberators...give me a break. there aint no liberty here, and their won't be any liberty there. give them two dummies to choose from maybe that'll shut up their holla.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well Saphronia, Irakis don't know what really is democracy. If the coalition leave, some dark powers will try to take the power, and Irak will be, one more time, a dictatorship.

Even if it were 90% of the peoples who were protesting against the coalition, they would have to stay in Irak. Only the coalition can bring a real democracy. We know all what will happen if the coalition leave now. Another bunch of psychos will rise and will take the power in Irak.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   

But I know that's not easy, since Islam want to rule everything : Faith, Politic, Life...everything.

UP, why do you speak? Really, why do you speak?

If you want to turn this thread into a holy war, fine I'm game.

Oh yea, the last time I checked, Christians were trying to rule everything (Bush, Illuminati, Freemasons)

[Edited on 4-18-2003 by Illmatic67]

[Edited on 4-18-2003 by Illmatic67]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join