It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random "cold flashes"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The past week I have experienced this weird thing-- like every few hours, my entire body shivers cold for like 10 seconds. doesn't matter if I am under a bunch of blanket, I literally clutch my body, freezing with no control. It happens maybe every 3 hours, if my guess.

Do any of you know what may be causing this? Haven't feel very good the past few days either (nausia-- but feeling good now)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
The past week I have experienced this weird thing-- like every few hours, my entire body shivers cold for like 10 seconds. doesn't matter if I am under a bunch of blanket, I literally clutch my body, freezing with no control. It happens maybe every 3 hours, if my guess.

Do any of you know what may be causing this? Haven't feel very good the past few days either (nausia-- but feeling good now)

If you haven't been feeling well, it sounds like some kind of fever/cold.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyTots

I don't have a fever. Don't even feel sick-- can walk and talk and feel okay, just the few moments my body freezes is when i feel bad.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Give a few days, it will reveal itself.

Also could be hormonal if your a female.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I believe it could either be poor blood circulation or your hormones need regulated.

ETA: it could be hormonal if you are a male as well. I am a male and for the past 2 years I went through what would be the equivalent of menopause. It is horrible and the absolute worse thing I have ever experienced.
edit on 5-3-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Have you considered having your thyroid checked? It sounds like a visit to the doctor is in order. At least, narrow it down.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Regardless, see your doctor and if you don't have one, schedule a visit. It will be important to tell the doctor your diet and sleeping habits.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've been having something similar happen...

It's like this weird feeling that's been there constantly since about Wednesday but I've been feeling it on & off for the past few weeks now.

And on top of all that my upper body just feels like I've been working out for 5 days straight, but I haven't

Hope you're alright OP, I find out about myself in a few hrs (goin to doctor)...

(There's actually a lot more to the story, including the fact that I don't remember Wednesday other than this 'feeling' starting up, but I was told I was passed out all day Weds, and when I wasn't passed out I was vomiting uncontrollably. Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience... Thnx Guys)
edit on 3/5/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
me2,

it was sudden

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
hi op

i had to reply
the past few weeks ive been getting this wierd head rush wen i cough
then last night i was freezing in bed
and it was a mild night and im sleeping under a 15 tog duvete
things are strange
eg weather and people
hope your ok op
dave

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Really could be a wide range of things, but even guys who have hormone imbalances can get hot or cold flashes.

I used to get panic attacks and hot flashes a few times from age 15-21 or so.

They ceased after I stopped drinking soda and started eating a healthier diet.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
appreciate your replies, thanks for the help

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

how did you get on at the DRs hope your ok

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by ArrowsNV

how did you get on at the DRs hope your ok
I haven't gone yet, I'm leaving in a few mins, but I will update the thread with what the Dr says when I get back. (Although part of me highly doubts the doctor has any idea what this is...)

And thanks for the well wishes

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

please - do not ask for medical advice on the internet - consult a doctor or hospital

join