It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its unusually hot for 5 in the morning.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by butcherguy

Since global warming is a bunch of BS, I'm not so sure that I need to do that much brushing.

YOu said it yourself, you don't need that much brushing. But your outdated answers prove otherwise anyways.
I haven't noticed any facts coming from you. Why don't you provide some? Brush me, why don't you?

I have noticed what seems to be a troll.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The everyone can fit into Texas debate was debunked 10 years ago.
You don't know what debunked means?

They will all fit. ( I used your word, "fit".) It is shown mathematically at the link.

If you had said 'live in', I'd give it to you.... but you didn't.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I do believe the solar flares contribute to the warmth. Every time there is a solar flare, the local weather has to adjust their forecast by about 4 degrees F (KLBK, Lubbock, Texas). Yesterday is was almost 80 degrees here, and where I live (100 miles from Lubbock), I am at 4,000 ft elevation. The sun feels so hot first thing in the morning I could get a tan within 20 minutes. We are running approximately 25 degrees F above average currently.

Yes, it gets hot here from time to time, but we have had no winter to speak of, and every time I read about a solar flare, suddenly we are pushing 80 degrees, whether it is January, February, or March.

Aside from the more-like-June-than-March weather, the earthquakes in Oregon and the Bay Area are worrisome. Having grown up in California, and lived in Southern, Central and Northern Cali, y'all are way overdue. The biggest danger out there, besides the old buildings made of unreinforced masonry, is the water infrastructure. Most of the water of Los Angeles and the Bay Area comes from really far away. The infrastructure is old, and particularly in LA, the huge pipes that carry LA's water over the Tehachapi mountain range via energy guzzling pumps to fight gravity are quite vulnerable to destruction if there is a large enough quake.

Just imagine cities out there with millions of people who suddenly have no water whatsoever, and only a few good roads out.

That was one of my reasons for moving away from California 10 years ago. Something horrible is coming, and hardly anybody out there is ready for it. I have told my friends and family out there where I live and how to reach me in case of a big quake which makes their area unlivable, but I have real doubts they can get out because the roads will be clogged with desperate people.

If I were in Cali now, I would be storing water like my life depended on it.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwissMarked
and about 10 days ago when we had the high winds it said it was 34 but felt like "27" and I couldn't be outside for more than five minutes without literally not being able to feel my hands... I've been in subzero weather with no gloves and never felt that cold...

Cold wind makes the temperature feel colder than what it is. This is called "wind chill"...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Not un common to have hot weather in the winter here inLA

I remember 10 years ago I went to a new years eve party above Pasadena in the foothills and it was amazing!! 11pm and 80 degrees out!! Everybody was in shorts and most of the women were wearing bikini tops!!

Los Angeles does get wierd weather all the time I'm just glad we don't get snow here!!lol I like to play in it but don't want it in my yard!!

My hats off to people who live where there is lots of snow in the winter, I couldn't Handel that

Be safe people

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

and about 10 days ago when we had the high winds it said it was 34 but felt like "27" and I couldn't be outside for more than five minutes without literally not being able to feel my hands... I've been in subzero weather with no gloves and never felt that cold...

Cold wind makes the temperature feel colder than what it is. This is called "wind chill"...

Gee Bill Nye... thanks for cluing me in... I had no idea of this "wind chill" factor you speak of... and I hadn't a clue that the "Real Feel" measurement is supposed to take that into account...

Man... I am ever so thankful you came by to fill me in on this marvelous new technique... I had to Google it just to figure out what you were talking about... and even now I'm barely able to wrap my insignificant little brain around this concept... but I'm sure eventually I'll be able to tear down the huge wall of ignorance that surrounds me and get at least a basic grasp of this "wind chill" you speak of...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Last Thurs it was 75 here in coastal Virginia. Over the weekend it dropped to the low 30's. Today it went as high as 51 and tomorrow it is supposed to be in the sixties while Thurs will be in the 70's again. We've had a whole years worth of seasons in just one week.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

We've had the same old rusty outdoor thermometer outside out kitchen window for over 20 years. Come to think of it I think it was there when we bought the house. At different times of day it is lower or higher than the actual tempreture because part of the day it is in the shade and for a few hours in the late afternoon it is in direct sun. I use it as a what should I wear today gage but never count on it being dead on accurate.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I had an orange tree on Long Island. It was in a large pot and came in over the winter but still....

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by viperdave
Not un common to have hot weather in the winter here inLA

I remember 10 years ago I went to a new years eve party above Pasadena in the foothills and it was amazing!! 11pm and 80 degrees out!! Everybody was in shorts and most of the women were wearing bikini tops!!

Los Angeles does get wierd weather all the time I'm just glad we don't get snow here!!lol I like to play in it but don't want it in my yard!!

My hats off to people who live where there is lots of snow in the winter, I couldn't Handel that

Be safe people

And we had temps in the 90's one Thanksgiving. we had to open all the windows because everyone was warm. Then one Easter I couldn't wear my new spring clothes and shoes because we had a blizzard the day before. Weather is influenced by many factors and situations that cause anomolies in expected patterns. It happens all the time. The Easter snow was back in the 60's. The hot Thanksgiving was only a few years ago. When I came to Virginia 21 years ago to look for a house to buy it was 80 degrees on Presidents day weekend. I thought February would always have temps in the 80's. Boy was I wrong. That was the exception not the rule. This winter has been unusually mild that is for sure. I have had many days where we turned the heat off and opened the windows. I am loving it right now.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

edit on 6-3-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It is probably the phenomena known to us in Cali as Earthquake weather. When you posted this thread a few days ago I went outside and it did feel warm, especially for still being early March. I do remember back during the Whittier and Northridge quake that the weather was strange during that time as well...Maybe we should be expecting something soon?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'd be jumping for joy if it was that warm in Canada... getting tired of this snowfall...

are you really complaining about sunny weather?

let's trade spaces

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Gee Bill Nye... thanks for cluing me in... I had no idea of this "wind chill" factor you speak of... and I hadn't a clue that the "Real Feel" measurement is supposed to take that into account...

Man... I am ever so thankful you came by to fill me in on this marvelous new technique... I had to Google it just to figure out what you were talking about... and even now I'm barely able to wrap my insignificant little brain around this concept... but I'm sure eventually I'll be able to tear down the huge wall of ignorance that surrounds me and get at least a basic grasp of this "wind chill" you speak of...

Glad to help you darling. You never know how many precious children don't understand how temperature works, or how inaccurate weather reporting can be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join