It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado Destroys Henryville Ind. 2nd Mile-Wide Twister Is Hitting Now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
A series of severe storms are ravaging the Midwest. Watch live coverage here, with a live stream of the tornado on the ground - www.wave3.com...

The feed from the storm chaser that witnessed the destruction of the town is coming from this site - www.severestudios.com...

The stormchaser told CNN that the first tornado that hit Henryville was a half-mile wide, and the one hitting now it twice that size.

UPDATE - WAVE-TV3 (Louisville KY) is reporting MULTIPLE tornadoes, one having just hit Owensboro Ky. Their own power has gone out, and they are operating on generators.
edit on 3/2/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/2/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
i wonder why ccn are calling them "apparrent tornados" i dont understand what they mean with that is that weatherman lingo for somthing?

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I'm in Indianapolis right now, we got all blue ski, had alot of hail earlier a couple times, torrential rain, prob about an inch in like 5 mins than it stopped. Supposed to get kinda sporty around here agin this early evening.

S+F

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by reddwhite
reply to post by OldCorp

I'm in Indianapolis right now, we got all blue ski, had alot of hail earlier a couple times, torrential rain, prob about an inch in like 5 mins than it stopped. Supposed to get kinda sporty around here agin this early evening.

S+F

In Northern Michigan, we're supposed to get 18 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. It's already up to the railings on the porch from snowfall over the last few days.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

lucky northern oakland was supposed to get that 3-8" the other day and didn't get ish.

thoughts and prayers for everyone in harms way, damn nature you scary!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I am watching the live feed at your link and it is really terrifying. It seems like a different planet. Where I am it is 80+ degrees and calm.
I am really worried about the people in the path of this storm. Thanks for the links Oldcorp
edit on 2-3-2012 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm here in Alabama and we already had some damage too.

photos.denverpost.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This thread is looking more at the local angle, so I thought I'd add here that CNN is currently saying reports indicate the High School at Henryville is "Just gone" and a line of ambulances seen headed that way. This was a school day...but what are the school hours in that area of Indiana? Anyone know? Would it have been likely the kids already left school when this hit? School times seem to vary so much anymore I just don't know... I hope that school wasn't full of kids if the initial reports they're carrying now are accurate about damage.... Geeze...

Update on local damage....CNN is now showing live footage of the damage at Henryville...and ..well.. My God.. It's Joplin or worse. I'm thinking I'll be real busy with volunteer stuff at the college over the coming weeks... Relief efforts will probably start almost immediately.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
This thread is looking more at the local angle, so I thought I'd add here that CNN is currently saying reports indicate the High School at Henryville is "Just gone" and a line of ambulances seen headed that way. This was a school day...but what are the school hours in that area of Indiana? Anyone know? Would it have been likely the kids already left school when this hit? School times seem to vary so much anymore I just don't know... I hope that school wasn't full of kids if the initial reports they're carrying now are accurate about damage.... Geeze...

Update on local damage....CNN is now showing live footage of the damage at Henryville...and ..well.. My God.. It's Joplin or worse. I'm thinking I'll be real busy with volunteer stuff at the college over the coming weeks... Relief efforts will probably start almost immediately.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

It's not just the high school:

(RNN) – An entire Indiana town may be gone after a tornado ravaged the area in the latest severe storm to strike Friday. The Associated Press reported that the town of Marysville is "completely gone," according to Clark County Sheriff's Department Maj. Chuck Adams. Southern Indiana was walloped by a tornado and authorities are reporting extensive and widespread damage in Henryville, IN, about 20 miles north of Louisville, KY.

A substantial, possible multiple vortex tornado was on the ground near Henryville around 3:30 ET Friday. Affiliate WAVE 3 is reporting one person has died there. Source

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Local station WAVE is reporting that the tornado that destroyed Maryville, was an F5.

IDK if this is the same tornado, but the station's website has a LOT of photos and videos submitted by viewers - wave3nation.wave3.com...

DHS is reporting 3 dead already. I've been watching the live video from several sources, and the area has been devastated. I'm sure that there will be more fatalities.

God be with them.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wow, they just showed the high school on Nightly News - it looks really heavily damaged. God, I hope everyone was gone when it hit. Found this pic:

There's still alot of warnings out - stay safe everyone.

edit on 2-3-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I live in central Indiana, the school hours are all predominately 8:00AM-3:00PM some vary by as much as 6:00AM-1:15PM to 9:00AM-4:30

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
A series of severe storms are ravaging the Midwest. Watch live coverage here, with a live stream of the tornado on the ground - www.wave3.com...

The feed from the storm chaser that witnessed the destruction of the town is coming from this site - www.severestudios.com...

The stormchaser told CNN that the first tornado that hit Henryville was a half-mile wide, and the one hitting now it twice that size.

instead

if you people had listened to a poster last year this would not be happening.

he proposed the idea of mounting giant concert loudspeakers on trailers at the four corners of every town likely to be hit.

these giant concert speakers would be powered by stadium power amplifiers firing sonic booms at the tornado thus disrupting the vortex and causing dissipation.

this ideas has already been tested on artificial tornadoes created in water.

it works.

a low cost solution in contrast to the billions of dollars in rebuilding.where will you get the lost lives?

did anyone listen to him?

no.

instead you all made fun of him.

now you pay the price in lives and property.

sadness.
edit on 3-3-2012 by nobodysavedme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join