It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Cities all Lined up to Astrology?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Psalms 87:1�His foundation is in the holy mountains. 2�The LORD loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob. 3�Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah.

4�I will make mention of Rahab (note: Egypt) and Babylon (note: Babylonia) to (note: among) them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there. 5�And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her. 6�The LORD shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there. Selah. 7�As well the singers as the players on instruments shall be there: all my springs are in thee.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Easter Island is exactly aligned along a straight line around the center of the Earth, with the Nazca lines, Ollantaytambo , Tassili n'Ajjer and the Great Pyramid of Egypt. Other world wonders that are within one tenth of one degree of this alignment include: Perseopolis, the capital city of ancient Persia; Mohenjo Daro, the ancient capital city of the Indus Valley; Khajuraho, the temple city of the Chandela empire in central India; the Oracle of Zeus-Amon at Siwa; and the lost city of Petra. The Ancient Sumarian city of Ur and Angkor temples in Cambodia and Thailand are within one degree of latitude of this alignment.

The alignment of these sites is easily observable on a globe of the Earth with a horizon ring. If you line up any two of these sites on the horizon ring, all of the sites will be right on the horizon ring. 3-D world atlas software programs can also draw this line around the Earth. Start on the Equator, at the mouth of the Amazon River, at 48� 36' West Longitude; go to 30� 22' North Latitude, 41� 24' East Longitude, in the Middle East, which is the maximum latitude the line touches; then go to the Equator at 131� 24' East Longitude, near the Northwest tip of New Guinea; then to 30� 22' South Latitude, 138� 36' West Longitude, in the South Pacific; and then back to 48� 36' West Longitude, at the Equator.

Halfway between Angkor Wat and the Great Pyramid is the Indus Valley, the city of Mohenjo Daro, and the unexcavated city of Ganweriwala, which is East of Mohenjo Daro, and thought to be just as large. Both of these sites are on the line between Angkor and the Great Pyramid. The Indus Valley is also antipodal to Easter Island. It is an interesting coincidence concerning these two sites, opposite each other on Earth, that of the few ancient written languages of the world that remain undeciphered, two are Indus Valley Script and Rongorongo, the written language of ancient Easter Island. The world's first known written languages, Egyptian Hieroglyphics and Sumerian Cuneiform, were also developed along this line of ancient sites. The Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Brahman and Buddhist religions, as well as ancient Egyptian and Peruvian religions, were also developed along this line.

Site Link

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I had read an article also saying that the Sphinx wasn't in the same alignment as the rest of the pyramids and that it aligned with Leo as it was in the sky thousands of years earlier. There was a geologist who showed that the Sphinx had also undergone rainwater erosion as well as later wind erosion and it was his theory that it was older than the rest of the structures and that the head had once been that of a lion and was recut and a little disproportional. I wish i could get my hands on that again. It might have been a documentary. he showed some very compelling evidence and none was refuted by Egyptologist. They just slandered the guy with personal attacks until he was ostrocised from the scientific community. A good way to protect a secret if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yes the lion/sphinx is probaly a couple of thousand years older than the pyramids. If you read the Book of the Dead about the creation, Hu, the Egyptian creator god had the shape of a lion. Right beneath Orion abit to the west and south is a constallation that resembles a lion. There are also constallations that looks like the two crowns for Upper and Lower Egypt here. In 14,000 BC this lion was lying on the horizon looking to the East. The first thing Hu created was the Soul of Osiris or Orion. The last thing he created was the sun. A good webpage on the matter is ancientegypt.hypermart.net... . Very interresting read for everyone who's interrested in ancient Egypt and early astronomy.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There was a documentary on this, on one of the educational channels a while back... It was very well done, and raised some very valid points. Subsequent research I did after the show led me to the same conclusion....that it was thousands of years older than the pyramids, and that is was originally of a lion, and later recarved by the pharoahs... In fact, there is evidence to suggest that some subsequent pharoahs did further modifications, to make it resemble them!

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius
Yes the lion/sphinx is probaly a couple of thousand years older than the pyramids. If you read the Book of the Dead about the creation, Hu, the Egyptian creator god had the shape of a lion.

Yup, heres a link to a book. Read and enjoy. Its more like a manual on how to entertaine yourself with the dead.
interoz.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
...And we all know from the film Asterix and Cleopatra that it was Obelix who destroyed the nose of the Sphinx!

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lurker
Yup, heres a link to a book. Read and enjoy. Its more like a manual on how to entertaine yourself with the dead.
interoz.com...

Another place to find material with comments about ancient Egypt is touregypt.net... Here you'll find most of the material you'll need on ancient Egyptian religion and history

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hey thanks for all the links to the info. I believe it was a documentary I saw and it pretty much convinced me because when the Egyptologist were confronted with the evidence, they lashed out at the guys personal creditials instead of discussing his finds. " "He's only a geologist" and stuff like that. "He only understands the way weather and time affect structures , not how important it is for me to not be proven wrong in my original hypothesis ...." wah wah wah.. ""

I'm certainly glad we have this forum to spread some nned for validity on what we're told to believe because some guy with a grant said so. Keep at it people and again thanks.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ModestMike

Ive found this observation to be trully note worthy and deserving of further reasearch. Here are links to a few Docs concerning the subject.

Quest for the Lost Civilization

Magical Egypt

[edit on 3-4-2010 by MsAmen]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join