It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beauty, maths and computers :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   

The Marquardt Mask is a model of the ideal human face that is constructed from the golden ratio

The Marquardt Mask is scaled to align with the imaginary horizontal lines that pass through the eyes and the mouth.

I seem to have a good feature fit, but my face is long. There are major symmetry defects in the hairline and in the positioning of the ears, and there are minor symmetry defects in the nose (it points right), mandible (larger left-side), and that wrinkle between my eyebrows (it is on the left).

www.beautyanalysis.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
damn i should have paper bag over my head according to the Marquardt Mask . I better go and cut the eye holes now so i can keep typing.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Anyway, That's stupid, beauty is just a question of taste and culture, not maths...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I think there's something to it though. Maybe not the patented image they have in mind, but it's funny how quickly people across cultures can agree on the 'beautiful' image.

Looking at the "very unnattractive face," it looks to me that if they enlarged the mask, it would probably fit better.

top topics

join