It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The government is trying to protect us from straw holes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Like I said, I New Orleans many people drive 5 miles an hour and often times just stop in
traffic for no clear reason.

That's because they spilled their drinks!

Daiquiris are serious business!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
If you're not allowed to drive after you drink, how is it legal to drive while you drink?

It is not.

I have one of these places right down the street from me. They are not very busy at all and they close at like 8pm. I have been there a few times, and what I have done is picked up some drinks and drove home, then started drinking them.

It is really no different than going to a liquor store and buying a 6 pack of beer. Anyone can easily suggest that you (the consumer) is going to pop open a can of beer and drink and drive, but not everyone does that. This is no different.

I find this law to remove the straw hole is just stupid. If someone wants to drink and drive, they will. Nothing will stop them from removing the lid and drinking it anyway. The straw hole or lack of one will not prevent drinking and driving

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
WOW...never knew. Drive through Daquiris!! You gotta love Norlins'!!

To the OP

"The government is trying to protect us from straw holes"

Of course they aren't. They are trying to protect folks from drunk drivers, but in a really half-ass way. Anyone who wants to slurp down that daquirie will likely just pull the lid off. It might make for a slightly frustrated drunk driver or the occassional daquirie landing in your lap, but it won't stop someone from drinking it in the car.

I would say that this sounds like a local government that has been nuetered so badly that they only have the courage to try and pass this do-nothing/straw hole law rather than BAN drive through daquirie stores! Just the opposite of government over-reach.

Drive through Daquiries??? How about expressway-beer-bong refueling vans? You can call and have the beer-bong-express van pull up beside you at 80 miles an hour and stick a hose from window to window and funnel beer to the driver.

Kind of like mid-air refueling by air tankers...

I mean if we are going to embrace stupidity, why not go all the way.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by chopperswolf

I really don't know what to say to that to be quite honest..

You say nothing, ya drink.

There should be a limit they can sell to people driving so they can't get over the limit...

I disagree. If you begin limiting this business where does it end? Do we stop selling 6 packs of beer because 6 will put you over the limit?

I dont understand what the difference is. I have lived all over the country and this is one of the first places where I have seen a drive thru daiquiri bar, but I have seen drive through liquor stores in many places. What is the difference of me going to a liquor store and buying wine, beer, or liquor then getting in my car and driving home or me going to a drive through daiquiri place, getting 3 drinks and driving home?

Yes it easy to put a straw in my drink and drink it while I drive, but is that any more difficult than opening that bottle of liquor? A bottle of wine? Opening a can of beer that was purchased from a liquor store?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I think the bottom line is that drunks will drink and drive. They will find a way. The hay-day of flasks was during prohibition. I have seen all kinds of nonsense, I once saw a man with a court ordered breathalizer installed on his car ignition circumvent the system so he could try and drive home drunk from a bar...I won't explain how he did it.....But the idea that he had a breathalizer attached to his car and still felt the need to drink and drive says a lot. A drunk will always find a way to be what he is. The best we can do is enforce drunk driving laws. Just my opinion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join