It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Owned Companies & Products

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

GMOs are safe for human consumption(scientifically proven hypothesis's)

GMO's have not been around long enough to make that determination as to how safe they are for human.

They are safe in the short term, but there is no proven study about the long term effects.

You won't die tomorrow or next year from eating GMO corn or soy. But we have no real way of knowing what potentially harmful effects it's having on us yet.

I agree that pesticides are much more harmful to us and the environment.

But studies have shown that these GMO plants retain the harmful pesticides in their cellular structure and accumulate over time.

So the GMO food has more pesticide in it than regular organic food.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I think you just about listed everything I eat on a daily basis. Sorry, I'm not ready to give it all up just yet.

Those are the common brand names we eat in Canada. But I AM willing to give those up and will take that list shopping with me.

Even write to people to put in some complaints.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Wait.... what??????????

Do you have proof that Monsanto owns these companies?????

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdRock69

Wow, that's like all the food companies at every grocery store. I doubt anyone is gonna totally boycott Monsanto only because its impossible to avoid their products. They really own all of those products? wtf

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I will participate in the boycott of Monsanto goods. The problem is they do not get money just from the free market. They have massive government contracts, collect tax-payer funded subsidies for their crops, and they also sell to popular restaurant suppliers and food chains.

Also I do suspect they are dipping into the illegal trug trade's money too. I can not confirm this, but I suspect they are the US supplier of plant killers(they did make Agent Orange) that the US is constantly dumping on South American farms to 'fight' the coc aine trade. What the US does in South America is nothing short of a war crime. They'll get intel on a crop, load up there crop dusters with some nasty chemicals and spray the suspected area, often spraying the farmers and their family with highly toxic chemical(s) that is meant to kill any plant life. It is no secret that the drug trade funds a lot of black ops programs so I suspect companies like Monsanto who are involved with supplying products for the WoD are also rewarded not with just taxpayer dollars but a piece of the pie, being large undisclosed sums of cash.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Christ, well there goes my diet.

That's exactly what I was thinking after going over the list.....I feel rather uneducated not knowing that they controlled SO much of the products already on the grocery shelves.

I've known about the GM foods for some time now but, wow...just WOW!

And....they are investing in the organic companies TOO!!!!!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Here is a reliable source of info for monsanto:en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What I'm wondering is if those organic compagny listed do sell legit safe organic produce and is only a way for those big corporation to branch off and profit from the organic hype?

although I do realize even if they are safe products, this ''monopolistic vibe'' does make it hard to boycott these big corporations

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
its also worth noting that Monsanto is basically a baby compared to Cargil

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Thank you so much for making this thread! I wonder......how many people in this world have NEVER heard of this horrid company and what they are doing to our food supply?

I know most of ATS certainly have and others that are more aware of the worlds "untruths" have as well but, I just don't think it's enough. So, thank you again for trying to spread the word.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I will be writing the OP's list down, for myself. But like a previous poster said, it looks like everything in the grocery store. Someone said gmos are safe without the pesticides in them, but what about gmo fruit? When I
-used- to try gmo apples and peaches, (where they all look the same, pretty, -perfect-, flawless) I'd go to the bathroom so hard, I thought my innerds were going to come out. It was horrible. And then those stories about the farmers who put their livestock on gmos and the livestock stopped reproducing?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
egads
the corporate has its grubby big hands in everything...what better way to not only take advantage of the new money comeing from organics but to also manipulate organics as well.

doesn't it seem like alot of these smaller organic companies have big conventional food companies as major shareholders?? from there, they can lobby and influence the direction of organic food....just a matter of time before there will be no distinction between organics and conventionaly grown foods and animals

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

See why its pointless to hate monsanto? they are so big they can't just close. they must change there ways

GMOs are safe for human consumption(scientifically proven hypothesis's)
Pesticides ARE NOT SAFE for human consumption. Got it (Based out thousands of a scientifically tested hypothesis's)

edit on 2/29/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

The problem is not that GMOs cannot be safe. The problem is what they use this technology for and today they use it to create genetically modified crops that produce their own PESTICIDES. The chemicals they produce has not had any studies to show long term safety in humans.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thank you so much for your post!!

I noticed yesterday, while zapping through the channels on tv, that some 4 of 10 commercials have now a little icon popping up at the end of it for some seconds. It´s the logo of Unilever! This is the first time I saw it in commercials here in Austria. I will pay more attention what we buy!

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's such a crime.
Think of all the trillions spent world wide trying to create gmo products. Now imagine what we could have done by investing the same money into learning how to grow REAL FOOD PROPERLY ON A LARGE SCALE !!

Just imagine what it would be like to live in a world where you didnt have to worry about what chemicals were contaminating your food. Would we see a drop in the now predicted 50% cancer rate?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Very nice comprehensive list you got there, thankfully I had done my homework and avoid all those brands, sadly that makes my diet limited, but at the same time, makes it a hell of a lot healthier.

The less you consume the better for your body.

What monspanto is doing is taking over of the manufacturing food supplies, including many of the Organic brands, like that they will be able to promote their own GMO poisons and eliminate competition, selection and choices, total monopolization of food supplies availability.

With legislation they will be able to control what you produce in your backyard while shoving their GMO seeds.

As the generations of humans pass on so the results of the poison we are been feed with, humanity is going to face an ugly end and is not related to global warming at all.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Whether turning on your light lights up the whole world, or simply illuminates wherever you are, the result is ultimately the same.

If we fail to turn on our lights because the world is dark, no light would ever be lit, and if we turn on our lights because the world is dark, those who love the dark will oppose us, but will be exposed nonetheless.

This is not an issue of who "wins," it is an issue of what the dance that we dance "looks" like. In other words, do not be concerned that the incense burns away and suffers a failing existence in this realm, Light takes pleasure in the aroma...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Unfortunately, in our world, we vote with our "transfer of value" and I gladly applaud your efforts. Star!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Without targeting Monsanto, my family already avoids every company on the list in the OP. Occasionally we are forced to buy Arrowhead Mills products, but that is due to certain rare circumstances. I will alert my wife to this info.

Nevertheless, I wanted to point out that it is not practically impossible. It does take a concerted effort, but that effort should be prioritized. A society that does not value what it eats is an unhealthy society. I would not suggest worshiping food as the ancients did, but there is something to be learned from the respect and understanding they had regarding what they consumed.

Ultimately we all fight for something. So then, fight for those things which you wish to see continue on into the next generations. Our children are not just "our future," they are specifically the next versions of ourselves. Our neighbors are not just our neighbors, they are alternate versions of ourselves.

With so much time spent "online," whether that be for business or entertainment, and whether that be on the internet or in "lala land," we must prioritize that which effects our "base camp" or else our home away from "Home" will be swallowed up entirely. And if this world is your home, at least be considerate of those who live spiritually minded by keeping society "close to the ground."
Thanks!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join