It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Discovery of Resting Place of Jesus - Archaeologists Findings! Tomb dated Prior to 70 CE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This is an extremely interesting find and could end up being very controversial for those who have been lead to believe that Jesus never married.

TextAdds weight to sensational theory that Jesus was buried with Mary Magdelene and had family with her Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Reading the article - the archaeologists got permission to drill here though The find is 200ft away from an earlier discovery known as the Jesus Family Tomb, which caused a huge amount of controversy after it was uncovered in the 1980s.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

TextArchaeologists exploring a 1st century Christian burial chamber have discovered an ancient inscription on a coffin lid which they believe could prove the site is the final resting place of Jesus. Using a remote-controlled camera connected to a robotic arm to probe below a tower block in Jerusalem, the archaeologists were staggered to discover a set of 1st century 'bone boxes'. The lid on one of these limestone boxes, also known as ossuaries, carries an inscription in Greek which could be translated as 'Divine Jehovah, raise up, raise up'. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

TextThe tomb in question is dated prior to 70 CE, when ossuary use in Jerusalem ceased due to the Roman destruction of the city. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Looks like a very exciting find - 2012 - do we finally have the return of the Messiah - is this what was meant?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
When a great lightning strikes from east to west for all man to see you will know the Messiah is here.

Interesting find nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Well, of course, there is no resting place of Jesus since he rose to the Heaven's with his physical body, so try as people might, but they will never find the bones of Jesus.

And, Jesus will come back to earth the same way He left --from the Heavens. He arose to the Heavens when He left, and will descend from the Heaven's when his 2nd Coming arrives --and both times with His physical body.

That being said, I think if this "find" is telling those who listen with Spiritual Ears anything, is that, trying to find He physically bears no Fruit, while looking Spiritually is The Way. It also may be a wake up call for those who haven't found Christ as yet, to start looking since these are the End Of Days.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

I agree - and I think many would also agree with you. His spirit went up to heaven but we need to wait and see what comes of this.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Wouldn't that be nice if it we're true?

It's amazing what people believe.

I'm disgusted by this species.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3

Wouldn't that be nice if it we're true?

It's amazing what people believe.

I'm disgusted by this species.

Not following?
Your disgusted that the bones of jesus may have been found, or disgusted that people think he physically flew into the sky like the ending of some hokey magic show finale?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

or disgusted that people think he physically flew into the sky like the ending of some hokey magic show finale?

This.

I don't doubt Jesus was real and probably did some pretty cool stuff, healing, whatever - but I don't care for religion at all. Period. It's obsolete and detrimental to the expansion of this society in every way.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

So what on earth are you doing on this thread? Or is it purely the archaeology you are interested in? I notice your other post on Collective Consciousness demonstrates your open minded approach yet ........?

edit on 29-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Hey, I'm not here to troll your thread, I am anti-religion by all means, however you all have the right to believe in anything you like

However I am flagging this for future reference, I'm interested in te archaeology etc, but
It would be interesting if it did turn out to be a bloke named Jesus.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
If Jesus had a tomb there would have been Christians making pilgrimages there for almost 2,000 years now. You can see Muhammad's grave, you can see Buddha's grave, no one knows for sure even where Christ was buried.

Kinda hard to grow a cult-like following at a tomb your body only rests in for 3 days.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

www.dailymail.co.uk...

TextThe tomb in question is dated prior to 70 CE, when ossuary use in Jerusalem ceased due to the Roman destruction of the city. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Looks like a very exciting find - 2012 - do we finally have the return of the Messiah - is this what was meant?

What is it with the Daily Mail constantly regurgitating months old, if not, in some cases, years old archaeological news? Either that, or this is the second or third such tomb that has been attributed to Jesus and his family!

For future reference, for those who are unaware of this fact:

Daily Mail = Dog's #

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
reply to post by SaturnFX

or disgusted that people think he physically flew into the sky like the ending of some hokey magic show finale?

This.

I don't doubt Jesus was real and probably did some pretty cool stuff, healing, whatever - but I don't care for religion at all. Period. It's obsolete and detrimental to the expansion of this society in every way.

I generally agree with you on principle, however, I was about to bring up your beliefs on universal consciousness and such to show that you also are demonstrating unfounded and by some measures, "insane" thinking.
So, you dismiss..quite harshly mind you, people religion as all but functionally retarded. Then you turn around and start discussing your own beliefs elsewhere which some could say are equally as filled with nonsense.

Hypocrisy mate. Don't mean to offend, and don't mean to discourage your beliefs..rather, someone like yourself should at least empathise with the religious types to have their own beliefs without any evidence. Not saying you should heart all fundys..just not become so annoyed at them when its a glass house/rock situation.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

I am happy that the MSM is at long last reporting on this. However, the discovery was made in 1979-80. I made a post on it:
Biggest Conspiracy of them All, Jesus is Dead and Buried (posted on 8/31/10)
Of course, this will be dismissed by mainstream Christianity as nonsense, and lies, and the Holy Roman Church has probably already paid out a few million to keep it quiet. It's hard enough to convince a Christian that the man is not a God, much less that he was a flesh and blood man, who bled, and died, and was buried in a tomb, not "beamed up" to Heaven on a cloud, or even a spaceship.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by quedup

I am happy that the MSM is at long last reporting on this. However, the discovery was made in 1979-80. I made a post on it:
Biggest Conspiracy of them All, Jesus is Dead and Buried (posted on 8/31/10)
Of course, this will be dismissed by mainstream Christianity as nonsense, and lies, and the Holy Roman Church has probably already paid out a few million to keep it quiet. It's hard enough to convince a Christian that the man is not a God, much less that he was a flesh and blood man, who bled, and died, and was buried in a tomb, not "beamed up" to Heaven on a cloud, or even a spaceship.

Permission was granted as quoted:

TextThe pair obtained permission from the Israeli government in 2010 to use the robotic arm to drill holes allowing them to explore the surrounding area. This led to the discovery of a separate chamber which they named the 'Patio Tomb', as it sits almost directly below the patio of the building. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... DHxe

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Originally posted by quedup

www.dailymail.co.uk...

What is it with the Daily Mail constantly regurgitating months old, if not, in some cases, years old archaeological news? Either that, or this is the second or third such tomb that has been attributed to Jesus and his family!

For future reference, for those who are unaware of this fact:

Daily Mail = Dog's #

TextThe find is 200ft away from an earlier discovery known as the Jesus Family Tomb, which caused a huge amount of controversy after it was uncovered in the 1980s. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... cPmP

TextIt was then sealed up, and a tower block built over it. However James Tabor, a scriptural scholar at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and documentary filmmaker Simcha Jacobovici were determined to continue the research. The pair obtained permission from the Israeli government in 2010 to use the robotic arm to drill holes allowing them to explore the surrounding area. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... qJoE

TO BE AIRED 2012

TextThe publication of the academic article is concurrent with the publication of a book by Simon & Schuster entitled 'The Jesus Discovery: The New Archaeological Find That Reveals the Birth of Christianity.' A documentary on the discovery will be aired by the Discovery Channel in spring 2012. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... cGa5

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
If Jesus had a tomb there would have been Christians making pilgrimages there for almost 2,000 years now. You can see Muhammad's grave, you can see Buddha's grave, no one knows for sure even where Christ was buried.

Kinda hard to grow a cult-like following at a tomb your body only rests in for 3 days.

Ofcourse the scientific community and skeptics worldwide just cannot believe he is who he claimed to be and resurrected and ascended.

Why is it these people discount the last 30 generations of christians who believe in him? They do not understand that he still communicates with us. They will forever try to prove he is dead until his return and then they will get a rude awakening.

He successfully prophecied the destruction of the Temple and jerusalem 40 years before it happened, do they really think that he just had a lucky guess? To get that many details he prophecied right?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Ahhh...I see, not news, just a review for a book and a documentary.

The Daily # does that alot.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This will never be on the "news," as Religions run a great deal of the media outlets, and will spend any amount to keep this all nice and under wraps. How many other discoveries have been "classified" and hidden away from people forever?

new topics

top topics

join