It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prices? What about WATER prices? Expected to TRIPLE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
We put in a sand point well here about 8 years ago just to water our gardens and lawn and to top up our fish pond.
The reason we did this was our water rates were going through the roof and we saw no end in site to the increases.

This water is quite drinkable as we live on the shores of Lake Huron here in Ontario, but down the road we are really thinking of getting a "whole house filter" just to be sure and kiss our bad ass water bills good bye.

We will have an unlimited supply here unless the Great Lakes dry up then it is game over for us.

Just putting in our two cents worth here.

Regards, iwinder

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
We put in a sand point well here about 8 years ago just to water our gardens and lawn and to top up our fish pond.
The reason we did this was our water rates were going through the roof and we saw no end in site to the increases.

This water is quite drinkable as we live on the shores of Lake Huron here in Ontario, but down the road we are really thinking of getting a "whole house filter" just to be sure and kiss our bad ass water bills good bye.

Sounds like you have it sussed! Well done

We will have an unlimited supply here unless the Great Lakes dry up then it is game over for us.

Hehe, if the world gets to a point where the largest Freshwater lakes in the world can dry up, I am pretty sure it would be game over for many, many people!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Water bills are government slush funds the price they have charged to medicate without consent, or just plain charge is unjust.

They never have saved for the rainy day only waste it all then cry about it when it breaks and charge more.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

"Hehe, if the world gets to a point where the largest Freshwater lakes in the world can dry up, I am pretty sure it would be game over for many, many people!"

Actually the lakes have been shrinking for many years now, I remember as a youth swimming in the Lake and when a storm kicked up the water almost came to the top of the sand banks.
In fact many times it did crest the sand banks and lots of homes went sliding into the Lake/or onto the beach.

We had no winter here whatsoever and therefore the spring runoff is going to be nil, last week Lake Huron where we live was low and so low there were small islands popping up about 100 meters from the shore line.
When I was younger that was where all the fishing nets used to be...

Link below
www.ctv.ca...

I am very happy with our sand point and glad we did it when we did, because if this gets bad they are sure as heck going to ban wells.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I just noticed that you are located in England, Is there not a drought going on there right now?
Serious question, I am positive that I read that in the news somewhere.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
You're under no obligation to use the water provided by these companies, it falls out of the sky for free.

In a round-a-bout way you are obligated to use city water if you're hooked up to it.

When there's no water consumption metered eyebrows are raised. Same with electricity. Eventually inspectors and cops will do welfare checks and that can snowball into claiming you're living in unsafe/unsanitary conditions and get you evicted from your property.

I speak from experience.

You can't live "off grid" when you're home is firmly stuck in the middle of the grid. They dont like it and they'll use every means at their disposal to boot you from your home. Because apparently, to them, you sleeping in a tent in the woods is better than sleeping in a bed in a home that doesnt consume any water or electricity. Leave that house available for a good consumer who will run the dishwasher and take two showers a day and leave the TV on 24/7.

When living inside the grid you're obligated to do whatever they think you should be doing. Even the contradictory stuff. Government is very biblical in that way.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by stumason
You're under no obligation to use the water provided by these companies, it falls out of the sky for free.

In a round-a-bout way you are obligated to use city water if you're hooked up to it.

When there's no water consumption metered eyebrows are raised. Same with electricity. Eventually inspectors and cops will do welfare checks and that can snowball into claiming you're living in unsafe/unsanitary conditions and get you evicted from your property.

I speak from experience.

You can't live "off grid" when you're home is firmly stuck in the middle of the grid. They dont like it and they'll use every means at their disposal to boot you from your home. Because apparently, to them, you sleeping in a tent in the woods is better than sleeping in a bed in a home that doesnt consume any water or electricity. Leave that house available for a good consumer who will run the dishwasher and take two showers a day and leave the TV on 24/7.

When living inside the grid you're obligated to do whatever they think you should be doing. Even the contradictory stuff. Government is very biblical in that way.

Right on the money there, they don't like the loss of control or the money.
regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I just noticed that you are located in England, Is there not a drought going on there right now?
Serious question, I am positive that I read that in the news somewhere.

Regards, Iwinder

Despite getting more rain in a year than Borneo, some parts of the East and South East are experiencing "drought conditions".

That, however, shouldn't be read as there is no water or everything is yellow and dusty.A drought in the UK can be a period of as little as 3 weeks with less than 1/3rd the average rainfall for the time of year.

It's still raining though!

EDIT: Ironically, during a drought in the UK, the first the Environment Agency aske people to do is reduce water use and to collect rainwater, if possible... It would seem that attitudes towards being self-sufficient are much better in the UK than the US, paradoxically...
edit on 28/2/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Our water is going up big time .. all because of Federal regulations from the EPA which is causing the city to construct massive covers for our water collection systems.

!@$@ the EPA.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I live in the Land of 10,000 Lakes and have a private well....pretty sure we won't run out of water here and except for the electricity, it's pretty clap. Course, I could drink melted snow for free.....not likely

top topics

<< 1   >>

join