It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Closer to war : Iran moves to accept gold instead of dollars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well this time Iran really done it against the banksters... this is the last straw... banksters won't tolerate that...an Iran war is now inevitable.

Iran Moves Further To End Petrodollar, Announces Will Accept Payment In Gold Instead Of Dollars

Gradually it appears this is increasingly the case following a just released Reuters report that "Iran will take payment from its trading partners in gold instead of dollars, the Iranian state news agency IRNA quoted the central bank governor as saying on Tuesday."

Saddam did that with euros... was invaded. Gaddafi tried to do that with gold... got murdered. Now Iran is doing it...
edit on 28-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Interesting to see this actually happening. Here is one of the Wargames the U.S. has run on this and similar scenarios.

Iran goes to gold with others - a scenario

India goes Golden for Iranian Oil

Scary times eh? I have a couple others dealing with China's direct involvement on this gold thing, but I'd say Iran is certainly playing different than Saddam or Gaddafi. They aren't planning in a doomsday mode, they're planning with the expectation of coming out of this stronger. That confidence...it's unnerving when there isn't a lot of clear reason for it.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Only terrorists use gold! How dare they! Why dont they use dollars, or a Rothschild backed currency? Are they trying to hide something?

Clearly these are actions followed by rogue terrorists nations!
We have to go and end this once and for all, even if it means we drag the rest of the world into a world war!

/end sarcasm

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Good for them, I'm glad they are doing this. Although I don't care for their philosophies they have every right to demand what currency they want for their oil.
edit on 28-2-2012 by MrStyx because: spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
that is why the powers that be are buying all the gold up in record pace the last few years.

with all the sell gold for cash gimmicks popping up everywhere to the mail order gold refiners that will send you money for your "broken" gold. follow the gold for the true power players.

they are trying to take as much gold out of the market as possible. this drove up the price. if the majority of nations want to use gold to buy oil and pay debts they are going to have to pay a premium for it.

and the trump card is that the could flood the market with gold at any time and devalue it, possibly destroying any nations economy that relied or was using gold as payment.

if iran took gold as payment for oil, then it was devalued, in effect they gave away millions or perhaps billions of barrels of oil for free.

someone stands to make a massive killing.

edit on 28-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
My question is what's taken them so long?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
that is why the powers that be are buying all the gold up in record pace the last few years.

with all the sell gold for cash gimmicks popping up everywhere to the mail order gold refiners that will send you money for your "broken" gold. follow the gold for the true power players.

they are trying to take as much gold out of the market as possible. this drove up the price. if the majority of nations want to use gold to buy oil and pay debts they are going to have to pay a premium for it.

and the trump card is that the could flood the market with gold at any time and devalue it, possibly destroying any nations economy that relied or was using gold as payment.

if iran took gold as payment for oil, then it was devalued, in effect they gave away millions or perhaps billions of barrels of oil for free.

someone stands to make a massive killing.

edit on 28-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

they could try, but in reality people and countries will just trade in resources and skip the gold and fiat currency scam all together.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for the links. In the article "Iran goes for Gold - A Scenario", the bottom line of that article is that, in the United States' effort to screw over Iran, we will end up screwing ourselves by devaluing the dollar, because the rest of the world won't trade in dollars anymore.

Since the dollar devaluation is something that has been warned of for many years, me thinks this action on behalf of our government is done to speed us along towards that inevitable financial collapse, and Iran is just the excuse they cooked up.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for the links. In the article "Iran goes for Gold - A Scenario", the bottom line of that article is that, in the United States' effort to screw over Iran, we will end up screwing ourselves by devaluing the dollar, because the rest of the world won't trade in dollars anymore.

Since the dollar devaluation is something that has been warned of for many years, me thinks this action on behalf of our government is done to speed us along towards that inevitable financial collapse, and Iran is just the excuse they cooked up.

I agree it is without a doubt an intentional self implosion and there can be no other end to this madness we are seeing here live as it happens.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Gold is a bad way to pay for oil (price fluctuations) .. It's one thing to accept in Gold, quite another for someone to actually pay in Gold. Considering most oil is purchased by investors first (investment banks) then sold repeatedly to other investors before finally being sold to the refineries or other manufacturers. I'd say it's quite unlikely that very many people will pay in Gold. Only a few countries actually buy their oil, like China for instance who will actually buy oil directly from another country. Also most oil is drilled and sold by oil companies (like Exxon or BP) and what the host country gets is simply a piece of the action. It's not often that the actual government is actually selling the oil unless it's through a nationalized program (like Venezuela) which is also rare. Iran for instance does not actually drill it's own oil .. it's mostly British and French drillers.

I should also say the point of a "burse" is that there are banks set aside around the World for oil purchases .. they deal in Dollars, so if you want to buy oil you have to have Dollars which they will exchange for. This is to keep the price constant, so you don't have countries inflating their currency in order to buy oil with an ever devaluing currency. Gold though would an appreciating currency.. quite spectacular prospect for the host nation if it received a gold payment, but highly impractical given the velocity of oil sales and rarity of Gold.

In other words, if oil was sold in Gold .. within about 2 years oil producing nations would acquire every ounce of Gold in the World.. or else the price of gold would explode to several hundred times it's current value.. Because by all means.. oil is technically worth more, as a whole throughout the World, than gold..
edit on 2/28/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Iran for instance does not actually drill it's own oil .. it's mostly British and French drillers.

How is that possible with sanctions in place??

Source?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Stupidest sanctions ever

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Sanctions were only in place for American companies.. BP is Iran largest oil partner.

I was incorrect in one statement: Iran does drill 60% of it's oil through the National Iranian Oil Company, which I was unaware was actually a state run agency, I thought it was an independent corporation. BP, Naftiran Intertrade Co (Swiss) Kala Naft (british) and Total S.A (France)

The "bourse" Is the actual commodity exchange for Iran..

And while Iran may have halted exports to France and Britain as of last month .. there is no indication that current contracts have been broken. So they are still drilling.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Iran for instance does not actually drill it's own oil .. it's mostly British and French drillers.

How is that possible with sanctions in place??

Source?

I think that they just don't have good technology for refining.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Sanctions were only in place for American companies.. BP is Iran largest oil partner.

I was incorrect in one statement: Iran does drill 60% of it's oil through the National Iranian Oil Company, which I was unaware was actually a state run agency, I thought it was an independent corporation. BP, Naftiran Intertrade Co (Swiss) Kala Naft (british) and Total S.A (France)

The "bourse" Is the actual commodity exchange for Iran..

And while Iran may have halted exports to France and Britain as of last month .. there is no indication that current contracts have been broken. So they are still drilling.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Actually there have not been any American companies drilling or even performing exploration for oil in Iran for a very long time. In fact Exxon is barred by the Iranian government from drilling or exploring and has been for a very long time. I don't know what your sources are on "American companies" drilling in Iran but I have worked in the oil industry as a deepwater commercial diver as well as a toolpusher on land based rigs for 10 years and have worked in almost every Mideastern country where American drilling is allowed.

You have to remember that America and Iran have not been friendly with each other since at least the Iranian hostage crisis. Our aiding Iraq during the Iraq/Iran war didn't help our relations either. So just why exactly would Iran allow a country that it deems to be a major enemy and that they see as the great infidels to just walk in and take their largest GNP?

ETA: I also do not think France or Switzerland or any other country has drilled Iranian oil since thelate 70's due to the fact that after the Islamic Revolution in Iran the Iranians oil industry is 100% nationalized. I am posting from my phone so I can't provide links bug will edit to provide a link to the BP "about us" website that discusses this. I also just talked to the head Driller on the rig I am on right now and he has said the samethjng and is the one that referred me to the BP site.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
is this a pre-emptive move in regards to a SWIFT banning ?

I have to think it's a lot more cumbersome, takes more time, and must make for lots of scared curriers

unless this is not real gold, but "paper" gold ?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

today I learned.....

txs for posting !

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
for what its worth: the web bots forcast a big something 2 march to 9 march

As I have been posting the regime in Iran is as much an oil soaked stooge as the Shaw was and Obama is.

what motivates peeps to do the dirty is just the surface appearence...

edit on 28-2-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It is about to get "real" with Iran now. I remember that the U.S. put sanction after sanction against Iraq to close off funds. When their economy was at the brink, Saddam came out and said he would accept any currency for their oil. Being that oil is really what backs the dollar, we were in Baghdad three months later. It is only a short matter of time now. I feel pretty strong about this prediction because we have seen this played out before. Different name, same circumstances.

In fact, I feel so strong about this, I just read the laws concerning the draft and the selective service. I have a 19 year old son in college. If there is a draft he will go, I am sure of it. I can see this turning into a World War though. China and Russia will back Iran. This will turn out to be a bad war; unfortunately. If it does kick off, we had better strike hard, strike fast and strike repeatedly. Do not relent until it is done in a quick manner. Otherwise, we will be in for a long hard and bumpy ride!
edit on 2/28/2012 by NoSoup4U because: Added last paragraph.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
One step closer. At this rate, the war should get started sometime in the 23rd century.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join