It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran and the bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have been reading posts about the concept of Iran gaining nuclear weapons. Many have argued that they would use the bomb, or give it to a terrorist organization to use. Some have said that they would not use it and only want it for self defense. There is one concept I have not heard mentioned and I would love some others peoples insight into what is on my mind.

Isreal has not been seriously attacked in a ground offensive since they supposedly aquired nuclear capability. How plausible is the idea that Iran also having nuclear capability would remove this "trump card" from Isreal?

Iran is not stupid enough to use a nuclear weapon and I believe Isreal is just as aware of the international response should they use one. However, both groups having nuclear capability could allow arab nations to fight a conventional war against Isreal.

Just thinking out loud and would love to know if this is a possible outcome, and if not why?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

The reason why TPTB do not want Iran to have nuclear weapons, is because it would put a crimp in their plans of invading the nation and taking it over. Remember Iran is one of the last nations on the planet to NOT have a Rothschild controlled central bank. That must be changed, from the perspective of the PTB. But getting a people to rally behind an offensive attack against a nuclear nation without provocation would almost be impossible, and getting soldiers to walk willingly into an inferno would be very difficult.

Also, unconventionally armed nations do not do conventional battle with other unconventionally armed nations. Nukes even the playing field, and render conventional warfare mostly obsolete.

Iran getting nukes sends this game to a stale mate, and the PTB dont want a stale mate... they want a conquest, and a win.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

exelent point never looked upon that angle

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Although I tend to agree that nuclear capability renders conventional war obsolete, I must make a counter point.

India and Pakistan both had nuclear weapons in 1998 yet continued to fight in Kashmir into 1999.

The threat of MAD coud be the reins to keep the war conventional rather than making it obsolete.
edit on 26-2-2012 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I never studied this, and I probably should have researched it first, but how does Pakistan already have nuclear capabilities and Iran doesnt? Is Pakistan that far advanced than Iran? Doesn't add up. In addition to that, How is North Korea more advanced than Iran? I think Iran already has a bomb and is ready to use it!! Especially If Pakistan and North Korea has been involved in Irans Nuclear advancement.
edit on 26-2-2012 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Iran is not stupid enough to use a nuclear weapon and I believe Isreal is just as aware of the international response should they use one. However, both groups having nuclear capability could allow arab nations to fight a conventional war against Isreal. Just thinking out loud and would love to know if this is a possible outcome, and if not why?

I think it has a lot to do with the threatening rhetoric that is coming out of Iran. If there had not been repeated threats to wipe Israel from the map, the issue would have carried weight, but not quite the sum it does now.

One analogy is of a neighbor who threatens to burn your home down and murder your family. The police can't do a lot because no real crime had yet been committed. But as each day goes by, you see that neighbor stockpiling cans of gasoline and practicing with his weapons.

What do you do? Simply wait for the threats to be carried out... or find a way to eliminate the threat yourself?

It's a tough question... but short of running away or failing to protect your loved ones, your options are increasingly limited with each passing.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I've been waiting for years for the UN to strike Iran for whatever reason, for their oil wells (or what remains of them) and just the typical invade-and-implement-Democracy act that they do. Lot of money in war.

Iran has the materials to build a nuclear bomb if they'd decide to, that's it. There is no evidence that they plan to build one, use it against UN countries or anything else that would justify an invasion. But those interested keep beating the war drums. You know it's only a matter of time.

President Eisenhower: "Beware the Military Industrial Complex."

new topics

top topics

join