It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin warns against 'catastrophic' attack on Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Putin warns against 'catastrophic' attack on Iran

www.abc.net.au

Prime minister Vladimir Putin says Russia is concerned about the "growing threat" of an attack on Iran over its nuclear program, warning that the consequences would be "truly catastrophic".

"I very much hope the United States and other countries... do not try to set a military scenario in motion in Syria
"If this occurs, the consequences will be truly catastrophic," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
from the Russians ,who are laying down their hardline stance on the issue of Syria and Iran .Warnings that will no doubt go unheeded by those who wish to impose their intentions on the area. Serious warnings or taking advantage of the situation to promote their strength on the world stage ?
We all will find out the serious players in the near future

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It's all becoming very real now ... There had to come a point when someone had to stand up against the war mongers!

But the problem here is, this will result in a much bigger downfall ... Not just for War fuelled countries but individuals themselves ... And the problem here is, no matter what happens anywhere, it's everyday people like us who get pushed around and scr3wed over by this all ... In the long run ...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
It's all becoming very real now ... There had to come a point when someone had to stand up against the war mongers!

But the problem here is, this will result in a much bigger downfall ... Not just for War fuelled countries but individuals themselves ... And the problem here is, no matter what happens anywhere, it's everyday people like us who get pushed around and scr3wed over by this all ... In the long run ...

I could't agree more if I was you yourself!

Spot on my friend and oh so very true.....sadly for all of us.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It's the same old statements, about the same old potential threats, that have the same old outcome....nothing. The saber rattling will continue until they just get tired of it and move on to something else. Sometimes I just think they get off on hearing themselves speak blah blah blah.
edit on 26-2-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

hmm, i hope you are right..but i think this will be the big bang..
time will tell us

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What are we suppose to do? America is getting blamed and hated on while Russia is protecting the most Genocidal (Claiming - World War III must start) government in the world. The bypass North Korea in my book.

The government in Iran is literally the founders of extremism! We supported this stupidity fighting the Russians and now it is biting us in the ass. We dont have a choice to act , we made a mistake , now we must deal with it, not let it fester.

We dont have Choice but to act. Waiting and seeing is to dangerous. They want WWIII? They will start it.

The people of Iran are blunted by their government supressing them. The governement is the one that is putting its population in danger. They dont have a Voice and they cant revolt because of what happens to their families.

Not only do the people that revolt die , their familis are raped and tortured with them (The men die last as they watch their families be raped (Boys and women - no matter what age) after the raping and torture they are killed - if captured - even if the men are killed in combat their families are stilled killed or at the least tortured).

edit on 26-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

When are people going to realise that these people
running the world, deciding who lives and who dies,
while they sit in their nice big houses, are just criminals.

Most people are pretty much brainwashed with patrioism,
which means givernments can pretty much get away with
anything.

Im sick to death of all these wars for some sort of profit at
the end of the day. People will blindly go into these wars
thinking they are doing it for their country. Well, they are
not.Thay are doing it for the scum that control our lives in
pretty much everyway.

If Iran is attacked, i believe this will lead to a major war.

Why cant people put down their guns and say "im not doing
this anymore!"

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Yeah, just like the thread iraq posed with its make believe WMD's!

Sigh!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Not sure what you mean.

2nd.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

While I will agree that things such as this are usually sabre rattling, I have to disagree with you this time. This is far from sabre rattling, this is the beginning of some serious sh!t thats about to start and trust me, I have my sources on this.

My younger brother just got back from Afghan a couple of months ago and is now starting pre-deployment readiness drills and heading back in what he said "could be a month, but more like a couple of weeks". I have various sources as well as my reading between the lines over the past 18 months or so that say this is not sabre rattling.

Unless there is some seriously extreme intervention thats going to take place quickly, and I mean very quickly, TS is about to HTF in a big way. Iran and Hezbolah are backing Syria and then you have Russia whom just saw the completion of their 1 billion dollar investment nuclear program in Iran, and you also have China whom is buying up Iranian oil, backing Iran.

Iran and Hezbolah wont let Syria, the first line of attack on Israel or first line of defense from Israel, fall into the hands of NATO control. Russia and China are not going to let Iran fall because of the economic and technological interests they have with Iran.

This is all setting up to make 2012 a very tribulant year for all of mankind.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

No use arguing with propaganda baffoons, have not heard from anyone regarding people and families getting raped and tortured. Have heard people getting into jails like any other country.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

I sincerely hope you're wrong but from reading what you just said, it really gives me goosebumps because I can tell you certainly believe it. I too believe that we're a lot closer to catastrophe than anyone realizes, it's just extremely hard to pin-point an exact date or time, although things seem to be really heating up.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Russia and China are not going to let Iran fall because of the economic and technological interests they have with Iran.

Don't know about China but Russia sure has to worry if Iranian regime falls. China is nobody's friend, they are still commies and thus cannot be trusted.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
so many warnings... so little action...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
WW111..... Just what is needed for the massive de-population of the planet, as Those Who Own The World wish...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It's all a BIG game.

Now we have US intelligence saying they are confident that Iran does NOT have Nuclear Arms ambitions.

This separates them from Israel - (all pretension) They sit on each others laps.

But what else it does is - it makes the US look like they are only making moves on Syria because they care for the poor people who are being killed. This is important to them - they're not interested in Iran - it's about the poor people (who are being killed via arms the US is supplying to rebel forces)

Now surely Russia and China can't vote against this - and it makes them look real bad if they do. (all part of the game)

In the meantime they are quietly backing Israel then later they can say WOW we were wrong (after a couple of false flag nuke events that are supposed to have come from Iran) Well Well there's our proof and we have saved face.

Oh it's so bloody evident - Verbal Brinkmanship AGAIN!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

We should nuke russia and iran. Never trusted the russian government a bunch of ex kgb agents. They still want to destroy the USA .

They are selling all kinds of weapons to iran off course they dont want us to nuke their best customer.

And when iran nukes the usa and we nuke them russia wins . its like playing texas holdem poker

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sedona5602
reply to post by 12voltz

We should nuke russia and iran. Never trusted the russian government a bunch of ex kgb agents. They still want to destroy the USA .

They are selling all kinds of weapons to iran off course they dont want us to nuke their best customer.

And when iran nukes the usa and we nuke them russia wins . its like playing texas holdem poker

If Russia was selling all kinds of weapons to Iran then US would not be around the corner thumping its chest. Iran has been totally sanctioned from advanced weapons and Russia has complied with it.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sedona5602

Yeah great stinking plan.

Nobody needs nuking. Only a few people need a hanging.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join