It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I believe to be Chemtrails/Yakima, WA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
While training in Yakima, WA I took a few pictures with my phone, and I didn't have a fancy one sorry. The airplane was long gone by the time I took these pictures. To me it seems obvious that this is not a normal trail that an aircraft leaves because you can see whatever came out of it is definately falling to the ground...

in the picture below you can clearly see that whatever the plane left behind is falling to the ground.

edit on 26-2-2012 by SGTSECRET because: added picture

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Those are contrails.

Contrails are clouds of ice crystals made by the plane temporarily raising the air's humidity as it flys along, as there is water in the exhaust.

If the air is humid enough then you get a "persistent spreading contrail". The ice crystals will continue to grow, and they will start to fall, like you see in some of your photos.

Here's an old book on clouds from 1972, which shows similar photos of contrails, and explains how they formed.

picasaweb.google.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

in the picture below you can clearly see that whatever the plane left behind is falling to the ground.

Nope. Nothing is falling to the ground, in the photos. Perfectly normal contrails.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Very cool pics. I see this falling to the ground business a lot lately and so I know what you're talking about. Sometimes after a heavy day of spraying, the clouds in the distance look like tattered drapes reaching out to touch the ground. It's an unnatural sight but once or twice is well...ok...something wierd happened... but this is getting to be an often thing.

It's nice to know others are seeing it too because according to the self-styled experts in these chemtrail threads, we're all delusional with faulty memories and a lack of depth perception. This has got to be the most outrageous denial ever by the government with all the in your face phenomena that needs to be explained away in such a complex and convoluted manner. The government seems to be re-inventing the wheel every day - in this case, re-inventing clouds to cover what we see.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

WHAT a shame....

You DO NOT see anything "falling to the ground".

This is a lie...please admit it.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
They look prety much like normal contrails to me, and I dont' see what is falling to the ground./

There is the effect of wake turbulence in them - and contrails do "fall" a few hundred metres as per this paper - but not anywhere near to the ground unless it's freakin' cold & they more or less start there such as a cold day in the Arctic or Antarctic!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
They are not chemical trails. They are unique exhaust signatures of the pulse detonation wave trail engine. The Engine scoops hydrogen out of the atmosphere and ignites it creating the signature that people call chem trails.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tachyeon
They are not chemical trails. They are unique exhaust signatures of the pulse detonation wave trail engine. The Engine scoops hydrogen out of the atmosphere and ignites it creating the signature that people call chem trails.

But they look exactly like normal contrails. WWII contrails had just the same variations in appearances.

The "pulses" are just pendules from the wake vortices interacting in a crow instability.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

and here's what a crow instability is - just in case you're not aware of it already

See also Large Eddy simulation of contrails on this page of flow physics for a great example

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I saw a Boeing 747 produce a Crow Instability last week. Very impressive to watch against a clear blue sky!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I never realised that Alex Jones actually has his own 'chemtrail' YT Channel and that he films himself.

What a buffoon this man is. Aviation ignorance abounds!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I have lived in Yakima for nearly thirty years now, and this looks to me just like the contrails that I see almost daily here. Though, I will be the first to admit that I am no expert on the topic.

~V

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

WHAT a shame....

You DO NOT see anything "falling to the ground".

This is a lie...please admit it.

Is this like haiku? There seems to be something wrong with it. Nothing about nature and its' wonders unless you count the word 'ground.' Also, isn't it supposed to have a set rythm? Yours is kind of all over the place.

Read a study recently - won't bore you with much of it - which said that natural cirrus tends to hold more heat than it deflects. So while it sends heat back into space, it also prevents heat from escaping and these two functions are not equal so that in the end - more heat is held than escapes.

Anyway, they thought if they could further alter the already artificial cirrus (from jets) and get the ice particles to become large enough, they would fall and evaporate and viola! end of cloud.

They already knew that airplane cirrus will displace natural cirrus and keep natural cirrus from forming and so this way, after it all falls down - no clouds at all!! Sound like a plan?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

No it sounds like nonsense. Contrail cirrus differ from natural cirrus only in that they contain a greater density of small particles. Hence they will tend to fall on average slightly SLOWER than natural cirrus. Other than that they are basically identical. They have the same radiative forcing properties.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

No it sounds like nonsense. Contrail cirrus differ from natural cirrus only in that they contain a greater density of small particles. Hence they will tend to fall on average slightly SLOWER than natural cirrus. Other than that they are basically identical. They have the same radiative forcing properties.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

Cirrus aviaticus differ significantly from natural cirrus. Laughably their claim to fame - net cooling - is due only to their ability to prevent natural clouds.

www.nature.com...

Here we use a global climate model that captures the whole life cycle of these man-made clouds to simulate their global coverage, as well as the changes in natural cloudiness that they induce.

We also find that contrail cirrus cause a significant decrease in natural cloudiness, which partly offsets their warming effect.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

Cirrus aviaticus differ significantly from natural cirrus.

In what way(s)?

Laughably their claim to fame - net cooling - is due only to their ability to prevent natural clouds.

www.nature.com...

Here we use a global climate model that captures the whole life cycle of these man-made clouds to simulate their global coverage, as well as the changes in natural cloudiness that they induce.

We also find that contrail cirrus cause a significant decrease in natural cloudiness, which partly offsets their warming effect.

Yep - a statistically significant 1-2% reduction -

Reductions in the natural-cirrus coverage of around 2% can be found over northeastern Europe and over the east coast of the US. Over the western part of the main transatlantic air-traffic route, off the west coast of northwest Africa and west of the main contrail-cirrus area of southeast Asia, reductions range between 1 and 1.5%. These changes are different from zero at the 95% significance level (when taking into account serial correlations), whereas the local decrease over southeast Asia is mostly significant only at the 90% level.

And is still isn't a programme of deliberate spraying of anything to achieve nefarious ends - it is pollution affecting the climate.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

In what way(s)?

Let me count the ways that cirrus aviaticus (artificial clouds caused by jet emissions) differ from natural cirrus.

lib.store.yahoo.net...

Cirrus clouds typically point in the direction of wind movement at their altitude, usually from west to east. Aircraft trails point in many directions in the same sky.

Cirrus clouds typically are thin and semi-transparent, whereas most chemtrails are thick and milky.

Cirrus clouds typically are feathery and fluffy from their inception – that’s how they start – whereas what we see today originates from aircraft as billowing plumes.

www.patarnott.com/pdf/?contrailMicrophysics99.pdf

A more recent sampling of four contrails by Gayet et al. [1996a] found significant differences between the microphysical characteristics of natural and contrail cirrus.

www.nrlmry.navy.mil/sat_training/nexsat/?contrail...

Due to optical property differences between the naturally occurring cirrus and the contrails, the latter are revealed throughout the scene.

www.dlr.de...

In addition, the study highlights for the first time that contrail cirrus are capable of reducing natural cloud coverage and optical depth by consuming moisture that would otherwise be available for growth and maintenance of the natural clouds.

www.ipcc.ch...

Aircraft cause visible changes in the atmosphere by forming contrails that represent artificially induced cirrus clouds.

Aircraft measurements in and near clouds have indicated the presence of light-absorbing material contained inside ice crystals. The distribution pattern and the amount of measured absorbers suggest that the material is related to aircraft soot (Strm and Ohlsson, 1998) (Figure 3-17).

The list goes on and on but space is limited.

Yep - a statistically significant 1-2% reduction -

Such a misleading statement. Once cirrus aviaticus (fake clouds caused by jet emissions) form they are not distinguishable by satellite from natural cirrus. For all we know, natural cirrus could already be a dinosaur.

And is still isn't a programme of deliberate spraying of anything to achieve nefarious ends - it is pollution affecting the climate.

Nefarious ends? They are cooling the planet - isn't that the party line? Cirrus aviaticus are good for us because they act like a sunscreen. Wasn't that what it said in a textbook for school children? All the other filth they produce is just - side effects, right Gaul? Collateral damage so we can have sunscreen.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

Cirrus clouds typically point in the direction of wind movement at their altitude, usually from west to east. Aircraft trails point in many directions in the same sky.

That's just silly. They are different shapes, that's all. They are affected by the wind in exactly the same way. When a contrail cirrus spreads, it spreads in the direction to the wind shear, exactly like natural cirrus do.

Contrail cirrus are basically the same as natural cirrus. They form at lower water saturation levels, in long lines, and have more available nuclei, so can start out denser. You are making them out to be some kind of zombie cloud.

Is this the evolution of the "chemtrail" theory then? Now normal contrails are chemtrails?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Welcome to Contrail Airlines Sir
Today we will be flying at approximately 30,000 feet,
we will be generating man made cirrus clouds, for your enjoyment.
Hope you enjoyed your contrail flight.
Remember no one can get you there as cheap, as fast
as
Contrail Airlines!
Hope to see you again.

edit on 2-3-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Well done - that wasn't so hard, was it!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join