It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a list to see recent Banned Members?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have made some good friends here on ATS , but sometimes they get banned for whatever the reason maybe. Sometimes long periods of time passes before i say , hey wonder what happened to X and X , they used to post great insight. Untill i see their profile and it says banned.

Can we atleast have a thread about members recently banned so we know ? Secondly what if i want to atleast trade contact information with that person ? Can't you have a thread made that shows banned members , and atleast a special thread they can only reply too , but ban other posts ? Each post they make , can be "comment pending approvel" thing by an admin to prevent ranting and raving ?

Let us atleast say goodbye , or find out other arrangements to keep in contact with some members. Lots of good posters have been banned and its a shame.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
i thought about that too, but on the other hand it would promote alot of needless drama that would harm the site.

gossip threads about why people were banned would flourish like so many pathetic celebrity magazines thriving off of the turbulence that, most of the time, is created by themselves. a whole new era of theories that ATS is censoring people because it is under the control of some obscure government agency would be spurned on by the people who got banned. the consequences would be very negative.

thats my 2 cents. others may disagree.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

No your banned don't ask again
or you'll be banned

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I am a band member
and here you better not blow your horn to loud or off key cause the conductor will make you just sit it out and listen. Just keep the beat and NO SOLOS! and it will all play on.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Ya, what ever happened to Maybe, maybe not?

Kinds regards,

Maybe, maybe not

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well...that would defeat the purpose of being banned, wouldn't it. Negate the whole T&C of ATS.

I'm constantly amazed at the *special* requests by members of a free site......

We don't own ATS.

Des

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

well how can they plead their case if they are banned? how can they contact some members and tell them, hey i am banned going to a different place wanna keep in touch ? I'm not asking to give them posting thread privilages , but atleast some minimum supervised comment pending approvel access. Or is it just because they are banned they must've been a bad member ? I see the gray shades , i guess as you get older its harder to see past black and white .

secondly its a user generated website . Like the consitution you add to it as you go along , to get with the times and not live in the past with outdated rules. no?

this thread is a suggestion place ya? which is all i was asking. No need to get ruffled up on your high horse.

Few members who i liked i noticed they were just banned and i have no contact with them now , and was looking for a possible solution to it .

god forbid we make suggestions and ask

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I believe staff can also be contacted by email in case of protest against such decisions. Like a previous poster noted, it would lead to unnecessary drama and (probably false) conspiracies.

As for user generated website, would you rather have a MSM generated website?

ETA It's just my 2 cents. I'm sure a Mod will be along soon enough to give an official answer. This question does come around every once in a while though.
edit on 26/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yes this is a place for suggestions.

And yes this suggestion has been made previously - a number of times - in numerous forms...

The standing rule still is we don't go there. Banned is banned is banned.

...locking thread now...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Simple answer...no.

Complex answer...no. But here is why: The Staff value people's privacy. We don't release private contact information. We don't allow publicly posted private contact information. In fact there is a specific part of the T&C dealing with attempts to collect private information. We don't discuss the specifics of why a member has become banned. Nor do we allow the speculative discussion of why a member was banned.

As for how members become banned in the first place...it takes effort on their part. Flagrant disregard for the T&C and unwillingness to adhere to the principles of it are the most common reasons. Sometimes it can be for an exhibited unwillingness to work with the staff, again such reasons always are incumbent upon the member and how they conduct themselves. And sometimes, an account is even banned at a member's own request for various reasons.

But suffice it to say, no members are accidently banned. You can be accidently post banned (can't start a new thread nor make any replies)...and I admit that I have accidently post banned a couple before. When that happens, I dash off a very quick "I'm sorry" PM explaining what happened and have it lifted very quickly.

top topics

join