It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Artifacts : Ancient Flying Machines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I know, it's no new on ATS. But this site is looking interesting and has many others good links.
Normally, you should like it I think.

You'll find : Piri Reis Map (1513), Aztec Calendar , Ancient Airplanes and some others good stuffs.

Flight has been the dream of humankind since they watched in awe as birds soared effortlessly through the sky. But, according to accepted history, it wasn't until the 1780s that two Frenchmen achieved lighter-than-air flight when they were lifted into the air in a hot air balloon near Paris. Then powered, heavier-than-air flight became the goal. And although it was theorized that heavier-than-air flight was possible as early as the 13th century, and in the 16th century Leonardo da Vinci designed winged aircraft and a crude kind of helicopter, it wasn't until the Wright brothers made their first successful flights at Kitty Hawk in 1903 that powered flight became a reality.

That's the widely accepted history. Some researchers and a few rogue scientists believe there's evidence to suggest that humans achieved flight earlier in history - much earlier... so early, they say, that the knowledge of this technology has been lost and ancient stories that recount adventures of human flight have been relegated only to myth.

Is it possible that humans developed the technology to fly in early civilizations - or in civilizations that are now lost to history? Let's take a look at what some call the evidence - intriguing artifacts, carvings, inscriptions and legends - that they say point to the true record human of flight.

Link

[Edited on 17-4-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
easy to fathom, and easy to build... I see no reason why ancient cultures (especially those living in areas with gorges, high starting points, etc.) couldn't have created and used them...

new topics

join