It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Way to go lady! Virginia lawmaker's wife refuses sex over vaginal ultrasound bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hell yeah! If more ladies did this kind of stuff, the scum in congress wouldn't pass so many bad bills.

Women can bring peace on earth if they all work together and refuse sex to warmongers and control freaks!

David Albo, Virginia Lawmaker, Says Wife Wouldn't Have Sex Because Of Transvaginal Ultrasound Bill

Virginia's controversial transvaginal ultrasound bill hit one Republican lawmaker close to home. In the bedroom, to be precise. He said a fellow lawmaker's television discussion of the bill cost him sex with his wife.

+100000 All ladies, UNITE!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
So...woman power, activate?

A woman, in protesting the right to have an abortion whenever she wants, decides not to have sex...thereby demonstrating a very legitimate means of eliminating the need for abortions.

Women, if you want an abortion, don't freaking have unprotected sex...or better, use your "toys". No risk of pregnancy there. Abortions are an insult to the procreative process, and your intelligence. Another way of saying, "Oops, my bad. Let's kill it."

This is so obliviously redundant it hurts.
edit on CSaturdayam060605f05America/Chicago25 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Good for her! The link is a little busy making fun of this turkey for his statements, but in reading a backlink on what this bill is about, I see nothing funny about it. Yet again, lawmakers decide to go where no government has business. This time, it's..well...it doesn't GET more invasive into personal..ahem..space...than this one.

The kicker? The article talking about this says it's mandating something that Ultrasound tests already DO determine as a routine procedure before abortions. So it isn't just forcing a test that is invasive to the extreme.....it's duplicating efforts in the process.

I'm sorry, did Virginia solve *ALL* of it's state problems so completely and totally to everyone's satisfaction that the only thing left to do is debate how to force things INTO the state's women at the doctor's office?

edit on 25-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It's a good thing that that Republican lawmaker is kind, sweet, generous, forgiving, and loving. I'd have her arrested for attempted bribery, sex for votes.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The bill only called for an ultrasound. When it was pointed out that it could be misinterpreted (as your backlink probably did) to mean an invasive, transvaginal ultrasound. It was agreed that the language would be changed to make it clear. Just the routine, outside the abdomen, ultrasound.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

"He went through in elaborate detail the fact that this was a transvaginal procedure and made very clear to the Senate exactly what this bill required women to go through," she told HuffPost.

The House passed a version of the ultrasound bill on Wednesday that removed the requirement for the transvaginal procedure, but Democratic state lawmakers were not at all satisfied by the attempted compromise.

"Governor McDonnell's suggestions represent an absurd cop-out," Sen. A. Donald McEachin (D) said. "He still wants to force women to undergo a medical procedure. He still wants to put government in between a woman and her doctor. He still wants to replace a physician's wisdom with the judgment of politicians.”
Source

Indeed.. I'd gotten to the point where they kindly decided that legally required rape with an ultrasound probe wasn't going to be a part of state law.

It's the whole concept of them dictating what happens in the exam room in the first place. They start with a bill that is so offensive it's confusing how ANYONE thought it was a good idea...and then just tweak it a little to represent as if it were all better now?

Does it ever occur to these politicians that areas like this are places they have NO business, period? It's all nice and kind that they don't call for raping women with TRANSvaginal probing now. Now, lets see the whole nasty bill killed and dumped. It should never have been written to begin with...in ANY form.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Dear Wrabbit2000,

No question its a controversial and surprisingly complicated bill. I've had a very good discussion on the subject in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... For now, I'd like to bring myself back to the unusual aspects of the OP, not the underlying bill.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

"Governor McDonnell's suggestions represent an absurd cop-out," Sen. A. Donald McEachin (D) said. "He still wants to force women to undergo a medical procedure. He still wants to put government in between a woman and her doctor. He still wants to replace a physician's wisdom with the judgment of politicians.”

Weird uh that this time, democrats are against government intrusion between the doctor and the patient (when they are for Obamacare) but republicans are for it (when they are against Obamacare).

Bunch of hypocrites, all of them.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I see there's a bunch of men commenting on this. No ladies here?

Well, as a woman, I have had one of those invasive ultrasounds. Let me tell you how creepy mine was, so maybe you'll understand why the wife of that lawmaker put her foot down (or her legs together, take your pick).

They put you on one of those fun short tables with metal foot stirrups on the end, so you're like a turtle on its back, completely exposed with nothing on but a paper gown. Then (in my case) the doctor brings out this off-white phallic-looking thing that is hooked up to a machine. The nurse, blushing and flirting, brings out a condom and places it on the plastic phallus while the doctor looks turned-on as hell. It's like they're getting ready to have sex.

Meanwhile, I'm there exposed to the world having to watch this sick peep show.

Now, here comes the fun part. While they're still blushing and trying to hide it, I get to have it put you-know-where. Then the doc has to move it around to get a full picture. The doc and nurse are still flirting with each other while I'm getting raped by a plastic thing.

Got the picture yet, guys? It was the most embarrassing, invasive, and just disgusting thing I have ever had done to me, in or out of a doctor's office, and I've had two kids.

As far as I'm concerned, the wife didn't go far enough to show her displeasure over her husband's idiocy.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
She's probably refusing to have sex over a little more than this particular bill. The whole idea of a bunch of men sitting around discussing women's issues, is starting to feel a little bit like we don't have much of a say.

Over the last month or so, women have watched this debate about religion, contraception, abortion, turn into whether or not simple contraception of any type is "against the rule of God".

Sure, it started out as "religious freedom" about providing free contraception, or abortions, but on the news channels, it's turned into an issue of much greater importance to the average woman - rights to contraception, and the right to rule over their own bodies (women's health issues). Will the conservative men (in the political arena), try to take away women's rights? It sounds like they want to.

Women fought for the right to even be classified as a person, we won that right in 1929. That was less than a century ago. We were property. We don't want to see things go backwards, and lose rights that our ancestors fought for.

I don't think women from other modernized countries have to worry about being put back into medieval times.

edit on 25-2-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Thanks for this. I thought this was totally disgusting... and it is.

Women are being treated like crap from both parties... they should start their own independent party... I'm sure they could win.

25% guys voting for democrats. 25% guys voting for democrats... 50% voting for third women party... Women win! And I'm sure lots of guys would vote for the women party...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I see there's a bunch of men commenting on this. No ladies here?

Well, as a woman, I have had one of those invasive ultrasounds. Let me tell you how creepy mine was, so maybe you'll understand why the wife of that lawmaker put her foot down (or her legs together, take your pick).

They put you on one of those fun short tables with metal foot stirrups on the end, so you're like a turtle on its back, completely exposed with nothing on but a paper gown. Then (in my case) the doctor brings out this off-white phallic-looking thing that is hooked up to a machine. The nurse, blushing and flirting, brings out a condom and places it on the plastic phallus while the doctor looks turned-on as hell. It's like they're getting ready to have sex.

Meanwhile, I'm there exposed to the world having to watch this sick peep show.

Now, here comes the fun part. While they're still blushing and trying to hide it, I get to have it put you-know-where. Then the doc has to move it around to get a full picture. The doc and nurse are still flirting with each other while I'm getting raped by a plastic thing.

Got the picture yet, guys? It was the most embarrassing, invasive, and just disgusting thing I have ever had done to me, in or out of a doctor's office, and I've had two kids.

As far as I'm concerned, the wife didn't go far enough to show her displeasure over her husband's idiocy.

Alright, I have a question for you.

Were you trying to get an abortion? And if so, why did you even have sex?

Sex equals babies. Didn't you figure that out?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
She's probably refusing to have sex over a little more than this particular bill. The whole idea of a bunch of men sitting around discussing women's issues, is starting to feel a little bit like we don't have much of a say.

Over the last month or so, women have watched this debate about religion, contraception, abortion, turn into whether or not simple contraception of any type is "against the rule of God".

Sure, it started out as "religious freedom" about providing free contraception, or abortions, but on the news channels, it's turned into an issue of much greater importance to the average woman - rights to contraception, and the right to rule over their own bodies (women's health issues). Will the conservative men (in the political arena), try to take away women's rights? It sounds like they want to.

Women fought for the right to even be classified as a person, we won that right in 1929. That was less than a century ago. We were property. We don't want to see things go backwards, and lose rights that our ancestors fought for.

I don't think women from other modernized countries have to worry about being put back into medieval times.

edit on 25-2-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

And since then, you've demanded to be treated like Godesses. We treat you as human beings, don't ask for more, because you aren't.

Enough about this women's rights stuff. It has nothing to do with this. This bill is meant to discourage abortion, which is stupid in any case, because if you want to have sex, you should be wearing protection. If you aren't, you must want a baby.

Sue the condom companies if you have to \, but until then, start popping morning after pills. I can't stress how utterly stupid this whole thing is. Do you know how easy it is to prevent pregnancy?

Because abortion has become so easy, people are getting lazy. That's no excuse.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

And since then, you've demanded to be treated like Godesses. We treat you as human beings, don't ask for more, because you aren't.

Enough about this women's rights stuff. It has nothing to do with this. This bill is meant to discourage abortion, which is stupid in any case, because if you want to have sex, you should be wearing protection. If you aren't, you must want a baby.

Sue the condom companies if you have to \, but until then, start popping morning after pills. I can't stress how utterly stupid this whole thing is. Do you know how easy it is to prevent pregnancy?

Because abortion has become so easy, people are getting lazy. That's no excuse.

I don't demand to be treated any different other than as a person. I'm not a goddess.
I don't see many women doctors on these panels discussing women's health, just republican men, and religious men. It's not their place to discuss this, without having full medical knowledge of women.

THIS particular bill in the OP is about the abortion issue, I agree. I've probably expanded way off topic. I had never even heard of the transvaginal ultrasound before this issue. Maybe they should stop talking about how contraception is so evil.

That's what this issue often degrades into. I don't think it needs to be free for anyone, it just needs to be affordable and available, if wanted. Just make prescriptions separate from basic medical insurance, and that whole religious issue is fixed.

They're against abortions, I understand that, but then they talk about the evils of "preventing" pregnancy
Not all of the men on the panels are going there, but the ultra religious are. And Santorum has gone there repeatedly. And he's talked about supporting states banning contraceptives.

That's where I don't understand the logic. With contraception of some type, we prevent the unwanted pregnancy. Thus no need for abortion. I think that's how one of the arguments started, it was about free contraception.

They cannot lump their conversations together and talk of no abortions, and how contraception of any type is evil, and expect women to still want to have sex, if they don't want to get pregnant.

I also don't think abortion is the easy way either, there's always a risk to physical and mental health, and future reproduction if something is rooting around in our uterus. Abortions should be prevented whenever possible. But there if needed for health reasons.

If all this talk was only about preventing abortions, it would make more sense. Anyone's first choice should always be contraception.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
So...woman power, activate?

A woman, in protesting the right to have an abortion whenever she wants, decides not to have sex...thereby demonstrating a very legitimate means of eliminating the need for abortions.

Women, if you want an abortion, don't freaking have unprotected sex...or better, use your "toys". No risk of pregnancy there. Abortions are an insult to the procreative process, and your intelligence. Another way of saying, "Oops, my bad. Let's kill it."

This is so obliviously redundant it hurts.
edit on CSaturdayam060605f05America/Chicago25 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Very well said..

I get sick and tired of... "What about the rape victims!!!" As if we had women being raped every second of the day in every state in this country.

I think abortions are total BS! ...and your "Oops, my bad.. Let's kill it" hit more to home than people realise.

join