It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things The Nazis Got Right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Such a controversial topic should come with a disclaimer. In no way shape or form by me posting this I agree with the horrible atrocities that were done. They were a sadly misguided people who in the end got what was coming to them. Behind the madness though they set some policies that were quite impressive by todays standards. In some crazy way they set the standards for some common things we now use and aspire to today.

Banning of Vivisection

Nazi Germany was the first country to ban vivisection in the world, enacting a total ban in April 1933. Nazis such as Hermann Goering, Heinrich Himmler and Adolf Hitler were very concerned about animal conservation, particularly pertaining to how animals were butchered. Most current laws in Germany, and indeed the world, are derived from the laws put forth by the Nazi Party. (Incredibly ironic how they defended the way animals were butchered and how they cruelly slaughtered Catholics, homosexuals, gypsies and jews.)

Animal Conservation

The Nazis cared about the native German people as well as the native German animals. In 1934, a national hunting law was passed to regulate how many animals could be killed per year and to establish proper "hunting seasons". These hunting laws have now been applied in most Western countries.

Anti-Tobacco Movement

The Nazis banned smoking in restaurants and public transportation systems, citing public health, and severely regulated the advertising of smoking cigarettes. There was also a high tobacco tax. Several health organizations in Germany even claimed at the time smoking heightened the risks of miscarriages by pregnant women. Now a commonly known fact.

The Autobahn

Established as the first freeway system in the world, the autobahn was a revolutionary feat of engineering that forever changed the way humans travel. Hundreds of countries have emulated the system Hitler put into place, including America and Britain. Forever connecting rural, suburban and city folk with commuting on a highway. A chance for even the farmer to have a city job.

The Volkwagen

Literally meaning "People's Car", this vehicle was presented as a car that every German citizen could afford to buy. One of the most popular vehicles in the world, known for reliability(yeah right), stylish design and ease of use.

Contributions in Fashion

The founder of Adidas, Adolf Dassler (whose nickname was Adi), was a Nazi. He produced shoes for the Wehrmacht during the war, as well as providing American and Nazi athletes with his footwear during the Berlin Olympics. Jesse Owens won the sprinting event wearing Adolf Dasslers shoes. Adolf Dassler had a brother named Rudolf Dassler. He founded another shoe company called Puma. Hugo Boss was a Nazi who, from 1934 was an official supplier of uniforms to the SA, SS, Hitler Youth, NSKK and other party organizations.

Medical Advances

By far the saddest topic on here and a perfect choice to close this thread. Through the use of torture, the Nazis discovered information that is still used discretely by doctors today. They were able to experiment on patients without backlash from the community. Gathering information that would have never been obtained by a more civil people. My wife has even informed me that her medical textbooks have a lot of information cited from Nazi Germany.

In a closing note. I do not condone hatred, bigotry or rascism. It is just a topic of discussion and nothing more.
edit on 25-2-2012 by kenny71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
All wars bring something "good" with it.

A war is a big machine, and there will always be advancements in some sectors because of it.

They price that is paid though for this progress, is not always worth it though...

vvv

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Really?

Medical advances was a thing "They got right" ??

It's something that is "useful" that was learned through some of the most horrific and disgusting experiments ever committed on human beings.

I wouldn't say it was a thing that they got right.

I'd say it was something that we can accept as useful and that has advanced our understanding and so on... Not something that they "Got right"

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
hi op

excellent thread
ive always stated pre ww2, hitler did do great things
and trading was high between germany and america (reason for late intervention into the global conflict)
i feel its great that we can talk about and debate him
without fear of being shot lol
(sorry fbi/cia just kidding)

thx for the thread
and i hope we can be civil when aproaching this subject

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
All wars bring something "good" with it.

A war is a big machine, and there will always be advancements in some sectors because of it.

They price that is paid though for this progress, is not always worth it though...

vvv

Good lord V, do you sleep!!

:p

Ahh hitler was a nansy. But without that era, where do we think we would be today? Have to have a yang for the yin to be noticed.

nansy.. get it? nazi?

oh back to bed, main...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I tried to leave it vague. The records they kept of their torture were pristine. Civilization said "no" that is cruel. The Nazis did it regardless and came up with answers we never had.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I hope this will be a civil thread as well. Such an interesting topic yearns to be discussed.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
They also made a move of taking the banks out of the picture. The German goverment issued certificates as money making Germany go from the poorest country to the richest in 5 years. They didnt back their money with gold, which was owned by all the banks at the time.

So I'd defo add this to the list, as it would be good if implemented to our own nations. What we have currently is a central bank monopoly and we have no way of getting out. What Germany did was a good move, but it was a move that would eventually lead to their own demise because the banking family's wouldnt allow it and went to war with Germany

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
They also made a move of taking the banks out of the picture. The German goverment issued certificates as money making Germany go from the poorest country to the richest in 5 years. They didnt back their money with gold, which was owned by all the banks at the time.

So I'd defo add this to the list, as it would be good if implemented to our own nations. What we have currently is a central bank monopoly and we have no way of getting out. What Germany did was a good move, but it was a move that would eventually lead to their own demise because the banking family's wouldnt allow it and went to war with Germany

could not have said it better myself
cheers

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I would like to add a small contribution; I noticed that pre WW2, brunettes were in, and after, it became the blonde era... Just like the Nazis promoted.

Even Marilyn was a brunette in 1940!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

If you measure success by the extent to which you create state debt, then the Nazis were surely successful. Because by the start of the war they'd crippled their nation's finances to so badly that general war became the perfect alternative to paying the bills.

The Nazis introduced an autarky, i.e. economic self sufficiency & a general reluctance to trade with anyone or any institution beyond your own borders. They cured unemployment by creating jobs with borrowed money and, well, by having Germans replace employed Jews who had either been forced to emigrate, who had been locked up in early concentration camps or who had been murdered.

They also actioned trades which we'd regard as outside normal government activity nowadays e.g. trading naval guns for oil, machine tools for food etc et, trades carried out outside the normal banking system and only by virtue of an intense, unhealthy relationship between state, private industry and other repressive regimes.

No. Economic success was not a "thing the Nazis got right", quite the contrary in fact.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
From the book Dry Guillotine - fifteen years amongst the living dead - by Rene Belbenoit, on the subject of convicts escape methods from Dutch Guiana.

"...all the evades have been consistently hunted down and arrested in the Dutch colony, and sent back on the first launch to Saint Laurent. Only the German convicts get by Dutch Guiana now...

...Hitler does not forget to save his subjects condemned to hell and death by another government..."

top topics

join