It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urging SCOTUS to block lawsuit against warrantless wiretapping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Obama, being Bush yet again.

DOJ Urges Supreme Court to Halt Challenge to Warrantless Eavesdropping

The Obama administration is urging the Supreme Court to halt a legal challenge weighing the constitutionality of a once-secret warrantless surveillance program targeting Americans’ communications that Congress eventually legalized in 2008.

What a surprise from I-Hate-The-Constitution-In-Chief.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yeah, god forbid the authorities have to actually have reason to suspect someone of a crime or actual threat and then go through the arduous process of getting a judge to say "Yeah, sounds like a good idea, spy away".

Isn't there still some grand claim made about being "innocent until proven guilty" in this country? Given the very small number of prosecutions/arrests as a result of these policies as compared to the number of abuses stemming from them that have been documented - I consider it nothing less than wasted money and an affront to the american spirit we always hear so much about.

And I can only think of one option for the office of the presidency who would actually work to put a stop to it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It is stories like this that really show how they Dem's are not any different than the Rep's, and I laugh at those that think Romney/Santorum would be any better.

This president does not care about personal freedoms, and neither will the next one. Be careful what you say though, he will be listening!

join