It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH press secretary : Obama didn't turn down the XL pipeline... republicans forced him to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
PLEASE.

Carney: Obama Didn't Turn Down The Keystone Pipeline

White House press secretary Jay Carney first says Republicans "forced" President Obama to deny the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline. Later in his press briefing, Carney says Obama didn't turn down the pipeline.

"In terms of Keystone, as you all know, the history here is pretty clear. And the fact is because Republicans decided to play political with Keystone, their action essentially forced the administration to deny the permit process because they insisted on a time frame in which it was impossible to completely approve the pipeline," Carney said when asked about the pipeline by ABC News' Jake Tapper.

Later in the briefing, Carney says it is the Republicans' fault.

So Obama is back to his old ``but but but but Bush!`` excuse...

edit on 23-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This guy makes me physically ill. How on earth was anyone stupid enough to vote for this clown??? Worse, they will do it again.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Why do we want this pipeline deal again?
To create a few jobs and the facilitate selling oil to other countries at market prices?
That is going to help out in the US how?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Just another example of Obama-apologetics...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

So Obama is back to his old ``but but but but Bush!`` excuse...

edit on 23-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Where did he blame Bush?
This is one issue I was solidly behind him on and still do not understand the Republican argument. I really do not see where Bush came up. I listen to Hannity go on and on about this pipeline and not make one factual statement so I am eager to learn what I am missing.

Did he really blame Bush?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Ah more propaganda to actually make people think there is a difference between the two parties.

Sad that ATS is buying it

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Ah more propaganda to actually make people think there is a difference between the two parties.

Sad that ATS is buying it

Yeah both parties support Agenda 21 but Obama still blamed the republicans for his move.

Obama is a hypocrite.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The pipeline will feed oil to US refinarys so we don't have to import as much. What the republicans did this time was to shorten the timetable which resulted in there not being enough time to finish all the research on the effect on community, environment and supporting resources.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toolatetotalk
The pipeline will feed oil to US refinarys so we don't have to import as much.

You do know the pipeline is for Oil from Canada, right?
Yeah, that is called imported.
Why not start drilling in all the untapped leased drilling sites in the US instead of building a pipe to import oil from Canada?

Again I ask, how will it benefit us?
Obviously you do not know because you think importing oil will help relieve dependence on imported oil.

What the republicans did this time was to shorten the timetable which resulted in there not being enough time to finish all the research on the effect on community, environment and supporting resources.

Why would they do that?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Toolatetotalk

If it is for the US there are processing facilities in minnesota and wyoming that are quite close and an existing pipeline to midwest refineries already in place. Why does this oil need to go all the way to the gulf?
Because it is for refined export only. It will not be a feed line to this country but an export product for indonesia.
If the whole pipeline build hires 5000 people I will be amazed and if the job lasts over 2 yrs it will be unheard of. Then add a couple hundred maintenance workers and maybe a couple extra shifts in the gulf refineries and you get less than 7500 jobs on this boon doggle with most being temporary
. APB

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Not sure what you are confused about.

The pipeline was required to be approved by the State Department and the EPA.

The GOP asked President Obama to over-ride that process.

President Obama did not "turn down the pipeline"...he simply said no, he will not over-ride the approval process that the pipeline is required to go through.

Considering that CANADIAN Keystone XL has now taken over 100 American Farmers to court to SIEZE thier land via immenant domain and they have offered no alternative route to avoid the Ogallala Aquifer, which provides water to 8 different states...I am glad the President didn't bow to Foriegn Oil Barrons and over-ride the legal process of approval.

By the way...why the GOP has made this political...thier are thousands of Republican US Citizens wondering WTF they are doing backing a plan for a foriegn company to bypass the legal process ...a company that is Seizing thier land and looking to put an oil pipeline through thier water reservoir.

The GOP is shooting themselves in the foot in these states. Just more of the same.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
89 cases so far in Texas alone so far...

Debra Medina, a property rights activist and Republican, has counted 89 cases so far in Texas where TransCanada had exercised eminent domain, she said.

in Lamar County, the pipeline company took Julia Trigg Crawford's farm by eminent domain.

"I would never categorize myself as an environmentalist," Crawford told HuffPost. "I'm just a steward of my family's land." She lives with her 78-year-old father on a 600-acre farm near Paris that her grandfather bought in 1948. "I have no political affiliation," she said. "I'm just a girl that wants to protect a thing my grandfather bought."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Seriously? It is bizzare to see GOP apes fighting for a foriegn companies right to sieze Americans private lands.

Every day, the GOP proves thier is no priciple they will not abandon at the behest of lobbyists.

top topics

join