It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Love The End of All Problems?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Is love the way to end all problems?

Often times you will hear people say that we must be more loving if we want to overcome the struggles of our life. They will say love is the tool that brings about happiness and clarity, that when used it has the power to solve all of the worlds problems. I call this mode of thinking, “the love guru phenomenon”. It is something that needs to be clarified, and not with love, but honesty and accuracy.

Either:

1. Hate, anger, sadness... is our natural state of being and thus we must acquire and accumulate love as a conditioned behavior in order to over power this evil “naturalness”.

2. Love is our natural state of being, while hate, anger, sadness... are conditioned behaviors that must be overcome by and through the acquisition of more love.

3. Love is our natural state of being, while hate, anger, sadness... are conditioned behaviors that must be 'de-conditioned' (removed), leaving love as the sole 'survivor'.

4. We have no natural state of “being something”, yet we have accumulated the conditioned behaviors of hate, anger, sadness... and so we must counter act this by accumulating more conditioned behaviors of love, happiness, joyfulness...

These are the four arguments I can think of that someone would bring up for why we should accumulate more love. The third isn't actually an argument for the accumulation of love, but rather that love is our “natural state of being”, while hate, anger, sadness are “unnatural, learned behaviors” that must be unlearned. Unfortunately for anyone making these arguments, they don't make very much sense.

If we have any “natural state of being” which includes one, then it must include both (love and hate), not just one or the other. To say our natural state is one and not the other, is to redefine the laws of reality. You cannot have “go” without “stop”. You cannot have “left” without “right”. You cannot have “hot” without “cold”. And just the same, you cannot have “love” without “hate”. So to say we should strive to accumulate more love in order to get rid of hate is incorrect. Essentially, by striving to accumulate more love we are unconsciously also striving to accumulate more hate.

So where does that leaves us then? Should we strive to condition ourselves away from our “natural state of being”, of both love and hate, effectively leaving us with no “natural state of being”? Is it even possible to condition ourselves to become unconditioned? That sounds contradictory, and also unhealthy if it was even possible. What else could there be? Could we have no definable “natural state of being”, or could our “natural state of being” be unconditioned?

If so, then all we need to do to overcome hate, is to clarify our mistaking sense of identity. But this also means that love would be overcome as well, or at least the definition of love that most people have. I am sure some of you will say it is not worth it to let go of hate if it means we will also lose love, yet at the same time I am sure most of you will continue to try and find a way to overcome hate. You want to save your cake and eat it too. But you must choose one or the other.

As of right now, we have determined that “love” and “hate” are of one movement; essentially the same. To accumulate one is to accumulate the other. So logically speaking, if we want to get rid of hate then we will also have to let go of love. To say, “love is the end of hate”, is incorrect. Love is the continuation of the process that embodies both love and hate.

edit on 22-2-2012 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Something I appreciate very strongly..F*

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

@Is Love The End of All Problems? Its a start 1 feels for ALL* universal energies.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there will be peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012
-Jimi Hendrix

I am a big fan of Jimi, and I understand what he was trying to say. Yet on an absolute level it does not make sense. The "power of love" is the same force that enables the "love of power". One cannot overcome the other, they are of the same movement.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

Originally posted by Aqualung2012
-Jimi Hendrix

I am a big fan of Jimi, and I understand what he was trying to say. Yet on an absolute level it does not make sense. The "power of love" is the same force that enables the "love of power". One cannot overcome the other, they are of the same movement.

I feel the POWER of love is a energy the love of power is more like the love of controll-rulling-ego feeling above others power not love?
edit on 2/22/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
From my experience, love is nothing but problems. Because love is a motivator. It makes you do all kinds of things that you ordinarily wouldn't. Love can easily end up getting you killed, as opposed to pure indifference.

Love is a physiological reaction that encourages you to perpetuate the local tribe. It's not good for your personal health, and in the long run is responsible for causing severe damage to the environment.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

let me show u the trap

love for any and especially gods fallacy, is the plus that is needed so everything and everyone seem looking right
despite all what is hidden and known done

but as u surely know there cant b anything unless it is true first, so always truth is needed before meaning its relative fact

since everything and everyone are of creations and simulations and confusions and knowledge abuses and rights possessions etc etc
so, of course there is never any truth meant in all nor of any, seeking always to mean in pervert terms a realization with lies to b sure of not having to see any truth before the real end

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I dont know I look at it like hope in pandoras box. all the negatives and 1 LIGHT of HOPE. To me its like a hidden force within the universal creations to be able to co exist TOGETHER. But there may be some who will never like the thought of humans and reptillians working together on BOTH SIDES. But the LOVE of the CREATOR of us ALL 1 feels is observing everything for future activities.. So yes LOVE can be mis used to control and minipulate or even drive a spouse mad but it also helps that old lady alone accross the street from a complete stranger.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Of course!
Any hippie, preacher, counselor, therapist, new-ager, etc. can tell us this.

It works in theory, but employing the practice on a global scale is the trick.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

It took me some time to see your POV of how LOVE can become a way to force ways of thinking and existing on others who may not want to be bothered. And how its not FAIR or truth to some who may not feel the need to experience it, forcing them into accepting something they may not want to deal with. But to me there is no forcing its just like this I will wait for you to find it I wont force it on you. If this is done then there is no need to see it as a negative force against any who may not understand speaking in a universal energy way of various energy forms not liking to co exist together. So I learned and see what you mean now. Its like one mindstate wanting to be positive comming off negative to another mindstate not wanting to experience it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

If the sun refuse to shine,I would still be lovin Jim.When mountains crumble to the sky,there will still be Jim.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

Of course!
Any hippie, preacher, counselor, therapist, new-ager, etc. can tell us this.

It works in theory, but employing the practice on a global scale is the trick.

I hope you read further than the title, because I laid out why it does not work in theory. Obviously it does not work on a global scale because it cannot even work on a local scale, nor a personal scale.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
[COLOR=CYAN]

To me LOVE represents 3 simple things that can be tied into larger complex situations.

LOVE = TRUST I trust you wont take advantage of me in any way just because you know more then me and you can trust me the same

LOVE = HONOR I honor your beliefs and don't feel its my right to force mine on you even if I feel my beliefs are right and may save you. No I will honor your request and just try to warn you of things you may feel discomfort with. On EA*RTH example would be Christians and Muslims finding PEACE in that they are all seeking positive outcomes for their people BUT MUST RECOGNIZE THEIR PEOPLE ARE ALSO OF OTHER RELIGIONS AS WELL.. And they must honor each other to find peace..

LOVE = RESPECT Respect my home my LOVES my interest and I will respect yours the same. Respect my mate and I will respect yours the same. Respect my ways of thinking and I will respect yours as well.

LOVE to ME
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

[/COLOR]

edit on 2/22/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
so i was saying, i didnt finish but u know those slaves

since truth is never meant in all and any, then that plus they need to make all appear living, they get it from the most liar possible one, that really cant stand truth so they get there wat do u love sir? when do u see wat do u see since there is nothing there for u not even u, plz u surely enjoy smthg we can make it big for u and u will give it all ur heart since u have no relation to any nor all, so this is mister love they make god for plus pulse

but that love is revealed being all from hate, hating all to love oneself which mister god succeeded very well

while the trap is there, when all and any is never of truth nor to, the plus they need and reveal is only the whole truth first, making their aims impossible but then what next, there cant be truth now either

on aside opinion i will say that, there is smthg in truth as a plus i wont call it love but only in truth there is a kind of relative plus when truth by definition is all and any above none free, while that plus is all to truth exclusively

im telling u i dont know they killed all logics the chaos is gonna get bigger

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
So yes LOVE can be mis used to control and minipulate or even drive a spouse mad but it also helps that old lady alone accross the street from a complete stranger.

Unfortunately, caring about the well-being of that little old lady across the street ends up getting amplified a billion times across the world to the point where massive armies are built and strip mines are dug and huge hospital bureaucracies are created to keep her well and safe and alive. Old ladies and babies will ultimately lead to the destruction of the planet.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
So yes LOVE can be mis used to control and minipulate or even drive a spouse mad but it also helps that old lady alone accross the street from a complete stranger.

Unfortunately, caring about the well-being of that little old lady across the street ends up getting amplified a billion times across the world to the point where massive armies are built and strip mines are dug and huge hospital bureaucracies are created to keep her well and safe and alive. Old ladies and babies will ultimately lead to the destruction of the planet.

TRANSMITTING -------+ +-------

So then this entire universe is FAILED to some? and the CREATOR ENEREGIES created in various forms cannot work together is what I am getting from various points on the ATS interwebs, CORRECT*

So LOVE isnt welcome jst free energies oing as they wish is whats felt?????

Then should this UNIVERSE and ALL* AWARE be refined???

-------++-------

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Originally posted by absolutely
so i was saying, i didnt finish but u know those slaves

ARE who the who kill and eliminate creator energies for the darkest or the LIGHTS seeking TRUTH???

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

im sorry ophiuchus but u r clearly meaning loving the plus of a creation so unconsciously at least u enjoy the sense of being free from lies ways so u end opposed to truth, im not judging but im just meaning existence that cant b but true

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

dont sell nor buy those lies, noone ever would seek truth this is the most ridiculous evil product, for any meaning truth it is all what is constant by u and always infront

as for god energies that is funniest joke, i rather worry for miserable rights shut in hells to hide obvious crimes against truth then ur god energies that cant but expand free
who is gonna catch all those criminals gods ? truth from far must b coming

top topics

<<   2 >>

join