It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA exaggerates claims about 2008 incident at OIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

TSA exaggerates claims about 2008 incident at OIA

[url=http://www.clickorlando.com/news/TSA-exaggerates-claims-about-2008-incident-at-OIA/-/1637132/8820472/-/f1k71tz/-/index.html]www.clickorlando.com[ /url]

Federal officials exaggerated and misstated facts surrounding an aviation terrorism scare at Orlando International Airport, as they attempted to defend and expand an expensive anti-terrorism program that has yet to find a confirmed terrorist, a Local 6 investigation has found.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well, what a surprise! (sarcasm)

More from the article:

The Transportation Security Administration has repeatedly cited the 2008 arrest of a man carrying "all of the components for an explosive device" at OIA as an example of the effectiveness of its $250-million-a-year behavior detection program.

The agency claims its behavior detection officers (BDOs) were able to intercept Kevin Christopher Brown on April 1, 2008 through careful examination of his involuntary behavior – subtle cues of deception exhibited by possible terrorists that BDOs are specially trained to recognize.

But a Local 6 investigation raises doubts about both claims, which TSA has repeated to the public and Congress as it tries to justify its employment of more than 3,000 BDOs in a nearly five-year-old program that has never nabbed a real terrorist.

Most glaringly, it turns out there were "no initiators, explosives or exploding devices" in Brown’s luggage, according to an August 8, 2008 FBI laboratory report.

Yet the TSA in 2010 continued to claim its behavior detection officers in Orlando "spotted an individual who was discovered to have explosive components."

The TSA has had to resort to creating fictional situations to defend its activities against the American people. This alone should be grounds for it to be dismantled. This was essentially a false flag event to cause more fear in order to gain tighter control. What an atrocity!

[url=http://www.clickorlando.com/news/TSA-exaggerates-claims-about-2008-incident-at-OIA/-/1637132/8820472/-/f1k71tz/-/index.html]www.clickorlando.com[ /url]
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-2-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Wait, you're telling me there aren't terrorists everywhere I go at all times, hiding behind trees and bushes and just looking for ways to kill us dead, and that we're wasting money and forsaking our liberty, privacy, and self-respect in an exaggerated climate of false fear driven by government propaganda and media hype, surrounding ourselves with agencies and goons seeking to justify their own pointless existence?

Am I understanding that right?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I went through OIA last year and TSA pulled me aside because I "looked nervous." I was extremely hung over, but nervous no. Mind you I am a white guy with blond hair and my only carry on was my laptop bag, certainly don't fit any of the profiles of a 'terrorist.' I felt that the screener might have been a homosexual pervert and just wanted to feel me up. TSA is a joke, the upside is they give low-skilled workers a decent job that is about it.

There are still many flaws in airport security, I won't go into detail and don't want to give anyone ideas. The 'random' screening process does not yield any results.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Yep. That's right.
I think we all know who the real terrorists are.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
tsa is a total waste of liberty and money. the made my wife pull up her sweatshirt at Phoenix airport last year because she was wearing a sweatshirt in Phoenix. it was a connecting flight from Portland Oregon in February through Phoenix to Philly. i came close to getting arrested that day because i was ready to punch that guy in the face.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I know exactly what you're talking about. Even before 9/11, I was often a target for them and I don't understand why. Like you commented on how they said you looked nervous, I think I was always targeted for further searches because I simply looked ticked off. I've always hated airports. Everybody's always in a hurry, most are rude, and I'm claustrophobic. So, naturally my body language and facial expressions are a tell tale sign that I'm not especially enjoying myself at the moment. I think the security personnel at airports zero in on people who already look uncomfortable because they like to make people even more uncomfortable. Just as sociopaths will play upon that one thing that bugs people because it is fun for them to make people feel worse. The TSA is a bunch of people who enjoy power tripping and taking away someone's comfort as a means of conducting psychological warfare at a very discreet level.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

top topics

join