It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Theil donates 1.7 million to Ron Paul Super PAC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I'm in the middle of work right now so I don't have a lot time to spend on this, but I thought all you Ron Paul supporters would find this interesting.

money.cnn.com...

I guess what I find most interesting about this is that Paypal would seem to be a very unbiased, or neutral, source of income for someone's campaign as oppsed to a big oil company for example. In other words, what does Paypal, or Mr. Theil, have to gain by this donation? What could Ron Paul do if elected to help Paypal, or even E-Bay for that matter, from a political front? Now granted, 2.7 million isn't that much when you think about it, but it is still a sizeable donation.

What do you guys think?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
O dear, Peter Theil is Bilderberg steering commitee

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Nice attempt top discredit Ron Paul, isn't it? Trying to discredit him from the inside, if you can't get him from the outside.

edit on 21-2-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88
Nice attempt top discredit Ron Paul, isn't it? Trying to discredit him from the inside, if you can't get him from the outside.

edit on 21-2-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

Pretty much, now hes in the pockets of the elite. Bought and paid for.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

From what i have read about Theil. He believes in free markets. He was the financing for the ACORN bust. He is Libertarian. I guess the point I am trying to make is how if he is what he claims. Did he get and stay on the Bilderburg steering committee. I understand the group stays in control by owning all sides of any issue. They don't dare let anything get out of their circle. Maybe they see there is a good chance that Ron Paul is electable and the movement is genuine and growing. The saying is. If you can't beat them join them. Ron Paul doesn't control the PAC and the PAC doesn't own Ron Paul. Reality is they aren't about to let this race horse go by. Not without laying down a big bet on it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Wasn't there a stink in the 2008 elections about Paypal refusing to release Ron Pauls's funds?

Ok, yeah here it is.

Paypal has suspended an account belonging to a Ron Paul supporters group resulting in the groups inability to pay for a recount in New Hampshire.

The Granny Warriors had fund raised the $55,600 required to be lodged with the New Hampshire Secretary of State yesterday but had their account suspended by Paypal at the last minute. The inability to access the funds resulted in a missed deadline and no GOP recount in New Hampshire.

Source

top topics

join