It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Incurable virus killing thousands of lambs in UK" (Cattle being hit too)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well we've had the birds and the fish dying on mass is this going to be the next thing to hit. They're blaming an incurable virus for this one.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

TextFebruary 19, 2012 – BRITAIN – A new virus is causing lambs to be born with deformities so severe that they die within seconds. It is thought midges brought the Schmallenberg virus to Britain from continental Europe last autumn. The foetuses of newly-pregnant ewes bitten by the insects often fail to develop properly. At Mayfield Farm near Mildenhall in Suffolk, 75 of the 1,700 lambs born so far this year were affected. “In a ewe that was carrying twins, she would have a job lambing it. You would have to pull it out,” said farmer Clive Sleightholme. “The legs were fused together and tucked underneath, its head was angular, not formed properly.

What I find puzzling about this is that it's only February so these must be early lambs - also if this is the case what the hell will the numbers be by March and the fact that it's also affecting cattle!

TextSo far the majority of confirmed cases have been in Suffolk and Norfolk. But farms in Kent, East Sussex, Essex and Hertfordshire have also been affected. And in West Sussex the virus has been found not just in sheep but also cattle.

Guess there's going to be a huge shortage meat in the UK this year and the prices are sure to sore sky high - right in the middle of austerity measures.

Fill your Freezers folks!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Those poor babies. Yes, it sucks that there will be a food shortage. But it also sucks that these poor animals don't get to live long enough to smell the grass or nuzzle their mama.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avalessa
reply to post by quedup

Those poor babies. Yes, it sucks that there will be a food shortage. But it also sucks that these poor animals don't get to live long enough to smell the grass or nuzzle their mama.

Yes, it is sad and as I get old I find eating meat more difficult - the teeth don't work like they used to lol (Only joking)

Seriously - there are other ways to give your body protein and eating live food as apposed to dead food - has got to be healthier but that is a personal choice that I am beginning to make for myself.

Is this another man made virus - the UK is very overcrowded and it's also a fact that Hitler planned to starve the British if he'd won the war so perhaps the Poweres That Be have a few Nazis in their English Court.

Here in NZ I watch and help out sometimes with the lambing and my heart bleeds when I think of their ending they are so cute - I've fed them via bottles when they're rejected by their Mothers - yes this has persuaded me among other things - in the days of the hunter gatherer it was an essential food for survival but not any more - so now it is a choice.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Similar thoughts to my own.Being brought up on a NZ farm til about 14yrs, had the same feelings. Now with all these animal virus's etc manifesting constantly my going vegetarian/vegan looks like a good choice.Plus I can now grow pretty much all my own food in my backyard and live guilt free knowing I had no part whether directly or indirectly in any animal suffering.
Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexx790

I do the same - we'll have to swop veg lol

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Poor lambs. What a hideous disease. Is this an old long known disease? I pray it never mutates to affect other species, like us, for instance.

Going vegetarian has its own hazards unless you are set up to grow your own food and know exactly what's being put on your crops.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

here is another link:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I think this is astonishing. Never heard of a virus not presenting any symptoms other than a malformed newborn. I am surprised this is not getting more media attention. ?!? Was some experiment accidentally released (on purpose?) . . .

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2serious
reply to post by quedup

here is another link:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I think this is astonishing. Never heard of a virus not presenting any symptoms other than a malformed newborn. I am surprised this is not getting more media attention. ?!? Was some experiment accidentally released (on purpose?) . . .

Hi 2serious,

I think that whatever "INSANE purposely released mad government laboratory created disease" that the uk government/Gods divine plan unleashed on the UK is also affecting your "monkey avatar" pic.

I HOPE THE BASTARDS RESPONSIBLE WILL ALL GO TO HELL!

I THINK IT IS A DEFINITE RUSE BY WORLD GOVERNMENTS TO MAKE PEOPLE SCARED STIFF OF EATING LIVE MEAT AND TO MAKE THE PUBLIC CLAMOR FOR DISEASE FREE TEST TUBE CREATED MEAT INSTEAD!

ANIMALS ARE SENTIENT CREATURES TOO REMEMBER - Sentience is the ability to feel, perceive or be conscious, or to have subjective experiences - SO THANKFULLY TEST TUBE CREATED MEAT MEANS NO MORE LIVE ANIMALS SUFFERING/BEING EATEN!

edit on 26-2-2012 by neotech1neothink because:

new topics

top topics

join