It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did any one read the book.. The Harbinger: The ancient mystery that holds the secret of America's f

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Did any one read the book.. The Harbinger: The ancient mystery that holds the secret of America's future ?
supposedly written in fiction format but the author claims everthing he wrote is true. Just wondering if any one else read this book and what are there thoughts. Interesting read just not sure how true it is.

(overview from amazon) Before its destruction as a nation, ancient Israel received nine harbingers, prophetic omens of warning. The same nine harbingers are now manifesting in America with immediate ramifications for end-time prophecy.
Hidden in an ancient biblical prophecy from Isaiah, the mysteries revealed in The Harbinger are so precise that they foretold recent American events down to the exact days. The revelations are so specific that even the most hardened skeptics will find it hard to dismiss or put down. It sounds like the plot of a Hollywood thriller with one exception... IT'S REAL.

Would love to get an ATS book disussion going about fascinating books about topics that interest us. Sometimes i feel like i am the only one who reads some of these books. I love non fiction books on almost any unusual topics . The library is one of my favorite places to hang out ( i know i am a nerd). I love reading old and unusual books but it is hard talking about them to anyone because i am usually the only one i know reading them. Last time i went to the library, the librarian told me i was the first person to check out a particular book in over 10 years! ( the book was The Encyclopedia of Unsolved Mysteries by Colin Wilson)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

don't worry,i read alot as well,but my local libraries dont really carry alot of alternative books that i'm into.
around the age of 13,i started buying books,and now at the ripe old age of 44(!
) ihave a pretty decent collection in my own library. i just dont have enough shelf space!!! i have books everywere!
sometimes difficult to cross reference! i sometimes have 4 or 5 books open for reference.
as for the book you mentioned,i have heard of it but haven't read it. like you said,it was classed as fiction,and i don't read alot of 'fiction' albeit,alot of my material could be called that by the mainstream! gosh,even the bible can be by some.
short side bar, you should have seen my dad's face when i brought home my first,big,hard covered book on the history&truth about witchcraft!!!
i was 13! hes not a religios person,but he still called it devil worship!
we both have learned alot since then!
thanx for the post,i will keep my eye out for the book

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just bought it on amazon for my kindle. Will try to read this week and get back to you.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

I haven't read the book but here is a video link discussing it.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Been reading it this afternoon I'm 35% thru. I haven't verified any of the "facts" . Davinci code like except Dan Brown links fact/fiction much smoother. Hamburger...oops I mean Harbinger seems forced at times. Hope its not for real. Will keep reading this week and try to verify any facts

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I bought the book after listening to interviews of the author. After the book arrived, my husband disappeared with it. I will have to get it back soon and read it.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

I actually have that Unsolved mysteries book and it is in prime book location!!!

Between me and my 2 kids and a hubby we have aprox 5000 books. Never been counted and books are still in bags waiting for a home to move into. Poor little things.

I was only thinking recently that ATS needs a Book thread/Forum. how do we get one?

Sounds like a good read; the Harbinger book.

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I was the same way. When I was nine, our teacher said we could do a book report on any book we wanted. I naturally did mine on the Jersey Devil while everyone else was doing magic tree house or judy blume!
My library near my house is awesome. If i want a book and they don't have it they will try to get it from another library or buy a copy for me with the library extra funds money. Sometimes i feel bad knowing i am probably the only one reading these books. When they see my request, I am sure the librarian is saying , oh her again with the strange book requests.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

An ATS book forum would be awesome! I guess we have to ask the forum moderator. Forum moderator are you listening?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
" The bricks have fallen down (WTC), but we will rebuild them with hewn stone."

"The sycamore trees have fallen, but we shall replant with ceders. "

On 9/11 the state of New York placed a 20 tonne hewn stone at the base of the WTC and stated the above scripture.

On 9/11 almost everything at ground zero was destroyed except for a small stone church where in it contains words from a prayer by George Washington that stated that if America ever forget their God that judgement would come. In front of the church was a sycamore tree. A ceder was replanted in it's place.

There are other harbingers as well. All these are warning to the nation that history is indeed about to repeat itself once again.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Just found this thread as I was searching for any chatter about this book since I just read it this past week. Although you posted this several months ago, I hope there will be more who have read The Harbinger (by Jonathan Cahn) by now.

I bought the book on one day, and finished it by the late evening the next. I absolutely could not put it down! Some of my friends have read it recently, and have been blown away as well. Everyone I've talked to - even those that aren't avid book readers - are not able to put it down.

The specificity of each portion of the Isaiah prophecy being fulfilled was jaw-dropping to say the least. I searched the internet to make sure each part of his claim is based in reality, and not just hype to sell the book. And yes, each area that he addresses is, indeed, factual. I would say it's enough to convince even the most cynical, or at least stop them dead in their tracks to ponder the reality of God.

I just ordered it in bulk to give to my friends and family. The best deal I found is on Christianbooks.com for $8.99, if anyone out there hasn't read it yet.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

I just read it on my kindle. I thought it was amazing. Rabbi turned Minister. You can go to you tube and hear his sermon. It is similar to his book. My husband is reading it now. A lot of it makes sense.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
What is the name of the online books website?

The one where you can find many previous writing online and free?

I suspect we can find this book there as well.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I keep seeing the ads for this new book so now I am interested in reading it. Except that, at the moment, I am into nonfiction. I have a conspiracy book library: Alien Agenda, Roswell, Mothman, Bigfoot, ghosts, Jesse Ventura's Conspiracies, Bill Cooper, The unexplained, etc. etc...

I am the only one I know who can have a totally long, crappy day and come home to read a book in bed about the world coming to an end...Heavy stuff.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have read the book, it was given to me as a birthday present. I'd like to read it again. It was a very engrossing book, I read it too fast.(one night) So I could not give you specifics, It was a very good book.
I love to read, but working nights, I barely have time to keep my house clean, and maybe cook dinner.
A book forum is an awsome idea.
The only book series I have read that I threw the book at the wall, and started screaming, was The Gunslinger. I'm not gonna say what happens, but I was more mad that I didn't realize what was going on in the story. Of course being a blonde, polish female, it was par for the course. Anyone else have that reaction to the series??

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I was looking for the site Scribd. Unfortunately this book isn't listed there.

I'll look in other places.

top topics

join