It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sound 2/18/12 Virginia Repost for dillinger1983

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Topic started on 19-2-2012 @ 03:53 AM by dillinger1983
Sorry for posting this here, but since I'm a new member I can't post anywhere else. Been debating posting this at all, what I and my brother experienced last night is so foreign to us its almost hard for me to believe it now. I just really want some kind of explanation for what happened.

It was around 9:30 pm, my brother and I were outside on the back porch smoking a cig. Out of nowhere this high pitched "music" started. I say music because the noise changed pitch maybe 5 times, kinda sounding like music would. It sounded like radio interference or static more than music, but changing pitch. The "sound" came from the sky to our left, but the strange part was the feeling of something over the left ear. It literally felt and sounded like the noise was right inside the ear. Anyway this lasted maybe 5 seconds. I originally thought it was just something in my head. I looked at my brother and when I saw the look on his face I knew he heard it too. I ask "did you hear that?" and he said yes. We both described what we heard as follows:

1. radio static or interference, changing pitch. we both had the feeling of either the noise or us "tuning in", like changing channels on a radio
2. physical feeling of something like a headphone over the ear
3. noise came from the sky, yet sounded directly in our ear (like when wearing earbuds)
4. both of us agree we couldn't replicate it if we tried, its unlike anything we've ever heard.

Does anyone know what this possibly could be? If my brother hadn't been beside me to hear it I would think I was crazy. I need some kind of explanation for this, that was too rare of a sound to just dismiss. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Anything like..

this??

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Ive heard that sound from the Youtube video before in Los Angeles in December of last year.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

No, nothing like that. Honestly I don't think a camera would have picked it up. The strange thing was the feeling that this sound was right beside or in my ear. It sounded kinda like the high pitch sound a tv gives off, but much higher in tone.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dillinger1983
reply to post by ignant

No, nothing like that. Honestly I don't think a camera would have picked it up. The strange thing was the feeling that this sound was right beside or in my ear. It sounded kinda like the high pitch sound a tv gives off, but much higher in tone.

What part of VA are you in?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Awolscout

I'm in Chester but we have a colonial heights mailing address. About 20 minutes south of Richmond.

We did have Verizon people in our neighborhood yesterday, I think the truck said something about fios installation. They were not working at night tho, I have no idea if this has anything to do with the sound.

It was almost as if something "powered on" for lack of a better term. But it was all around, or in my head/ear. My bro described it as the sound you hear before passing out. The feeling was intense, had tears in my eyes after it was over, and they return whenever I think about it. I have honestly no clue what could reproduce that sound. There was also a physical feeling of warmth on or in my left ear, like wearing wireless earbuds that beamed this sound directly into my ear.
edit on 19-2-2012 by dillinger1983 because: misspellings

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
There was an earthquake in VA last night, so maybe you are getting the severe ear ringing that many people are getting prior to a quake. It does sound very much like the sound you get prior to passing out.

When you get that feeling/sound again, keep an eye on the USGS site for the next 24/48 hours and see if there is any seismic activity. It may turn out to be an "early warning" tool for you.

www.iris.washington.edu...
edit on 19-2-2012 by dragonlover12 because: added line

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

Interesting. I looked on the usgs site, but could not find what time the eq happened last night. Any way to find that info? I'd like to know if the sound happened before or after the quake. Also, does this ringing sound appear to originate from within or beside the ear? That's really the only part I have a hard time accepting, this wasn't a sound in the atmosphere, more like an internal beamed sound. I think you are on the right track though, that explination does kinda make sense.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Check out my thread here and tell me if it is like what you heard: www.abovetopsecret.com...

sound like this clip at 4:10 in this vid?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dillinger1983

Here is the quake data:

Date-Time
Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 07:12:29 UTC
Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 02:12:29 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
5 km (3.1 miles)
Region
VIRGINIA
Distances
44 km (27 miles) ESE of Charlottesville, Virginia
60 km (37 miles) SW of Fredericksburg, Virginia
61 km (37 miles) NW of RICHMOND, Virginia
76 km (47 miles) NNE of Farmville, Virginia
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 6.1 km (3.8 miles); depth +/- 4 km (2.5 miles)
Parameters
NST= 26, Nph= 38, Dmin=2.2 km, Rmss=0.25 sec, Gp= 61°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=4
Source
Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usb00082ec

USGS

You can click on the different tabs to get more info sub as map etc.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

It was a 2.7 37 miles NW of Richmond. It occurred at 2:12 this morning. So I don't think it has any connection to the sound you heard.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

earthquake.usgs.gov...

The "ringing in the ear" sound can be extreme, can seem to be on one side or the other, change in pitch.

As an "alert" will usually happen before a quake.... in my experience,anywhere from 2 days to a few hours before a quake. I know it can be alarming the first time it happens. I can`t say you will "get used to it"

If both of you had it happen at the same time, it pretty much rules out a physical (medical) cause like high blood pressure. However, never take your health for granted. The old "if in doubt, consult your physician" rule can apply here as well.

By the way, the quake was felt as far away as South Carolina according to the "did you feel it" page at the USGS link.

Maybe keeping a log of how you feel if its significantly "different" may help... you can go back later and note if there was any "seismic activity" withing a specific time frame that you can set for yourself to help narrow it down.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com... is a good thing to check if you have questions about whether there has been a quake, but remember it can take hours (sometimes days) for the USGS to say ther has been a quake.

edit on 19-2-2012 by dragonlover12 because: added line

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Can't offer much about the sound but I agree with dragonlover12 what you described sounds very much like what I experience before I faint. My hearing is the first to go, loud ringing ocean roaring sounds very much like radio static/tuning. I get the sensation that something is physically covering my ears. After I've come to sometimes my ears burn or are sore like when I've worn heavy headphones.

I faint easily because of low blood pressure I've had my whole life. I wonder if the atmospheric pressure around you suddenly changed?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

That's pretty much it. Sounded like tuning radio static being played though a headphone. Physically "felt" it covering my ear. After the sounds stopped (about 5 seconds) my left ear just felt warm (I never actually touched my ear to check tho, was more excited that my brother heard it to). I have no doubt now that this EQ played a part in this sound. Funny thing, I've never fainted before. Except when playing the pass out game, but I don't recall any noise when we played years ago. Thanks everyone for helping me figure this out, thought my bro and I were both going crazy lol.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

No, it didn't sound like that either...then again I'm at work, trying to listen on my crappy phone speakers. I'll check it out later tonight and see if it sounds more like what I heard. I really don't think anything other than human ears could have heard it tho.

My neighbors dog was outside when it happened, and he started going ape-poop so he must have heard it too lol

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Where are you ?
I am in Virginia in Hampton at the southern tip of the state almost into N. Carolina.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

There was ? I didnt feel anything. Same place as before up in Mineral ??? If so thats not too far from the OP's location south of Richmond. Mineral is south and west of there but just a bit.
edit on 19-2-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

A 2.7 ! Thats a burp not an EQ. No wonder I didnt feel it.
Guess it's official now I am not a Princess.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I'm in Chester.

I didn't feel anything either, but I was sleeping during the EQ. I'm just wondering why I heard that sound for such a small EQ? When we had that last one that shook my house and ground, I heard no sound. I wonder of you have to be outside to hear it? And why only some people? My brother and I can't be the only ones who heard it. I'm still not finished searching for answers, but I'm happy to know I'm not insane.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You might want to check out this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Especially the last few pages, but all of it is interesting.

For what its worth, I never had the "ear ringing " scenario until the quakes kicked in last year here in Arkansas.

And I am familiar with Virginia... Henrico High School class of 1974

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join