It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uri Geller

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Have you guys heard of Uri Geller, the self-proclaimed Psychic apparently being able to bend spoons with his mind very easily.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
he was proven to be a fake.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
he was proven to be a fake.

Since when, and where can I find the proof? Please don't link me to a skeptics website.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I dont have a link, but i saw a video on it.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
I dont have a link, but i saw a video on it.

Lol, there are some really funny people on this board.

I have seen tons of Videos PRO and ANTI a subject, but you told me that Uri Geller was PROVEN to be a fake.

Where is the proof?

Personally I do not think he is a real psychic, but I would still like to see the proof you mentioned. Thank you in advance!

Toodles

AF1

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
He should only have to prove that he is what he claims to be. Unless their is proof that he is the real deal, there does not need to be any proof that he is a fraud.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
There was a show on ''Uri Gellar'' and i remember being interested in that stuff(paranormal)...Uri Gellar told the tv audience(home viewers ) to go get all watches broken (not in working condition) and place them on the tv.........didn't work.......

Once upon a time i would've beleived him,
but now i beleive his ''so called powers'', are not from himself......

What or who he beleives in is not from God.......He actually claims to talk with ''aliens'' from another planet, and that he awaits a great leader for ''Peace'' in the world.....

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
He is a demon lover and there fore NEEDS to be handled/Iced/Silenced/Delt with/cleaned and I am the cleaner. His powers are fake, he don't get them from god who does he get them from? Stan....hehehehe
stan=Satan=evil=lies

Omg I sound like those fundie freaks from jay leno!

I never heard of this guy before, its true I don't get out much either so hey. But if he does have powers it would be all over media as the propaganda machine would eat something like that alive. Look what happened to copperfield and blaine.

[Edited on 17-4-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
somebody claimed, uri has a brass egg that john lenon gave him after aliens gave it to john lenon...

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
quite a ways back... I remember him being on Carson, but then the crew substituted his pre-treated (i.e. soft metal) spoons, etc. with real ones, and Uri claimed he simply wasn't up to performing.... Pretty much never recovered from it... That's why someone shouted "fake".

This is a skeptic type site, but one that explains what he does fairly well. I used to do this to amuse the kiddies at my family reunions, hehe...

www.straightdope.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Does anyone remember 'THE ARCHINOOD MAN' the story of a small green alien found on a farm by the Damti family?
The whole thing was set up by Uri before the release of his magazine Uri gellars encounters which was once a good magazine called 'Encounters' that was split into two, the other being 'Alien encounters'.
He put up $1 million for this escapade, but when an israeli ufo researcher was sent to london with samples of the alien, a 'GOLD' group made up of researchers from London and Liverpool rumbled this fraudulent attempt for advertising his new mag.
need i say more?
X.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Even Art Bell had to laugh at him with his supposed "mass UFO sightings" claims Uri was leading some time ago.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Even Uri's 'powers' Couldn't stop his Football team 'Exeter' from being relegated out of the UK football League.
X.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
His heyday was long ago. He appears to have attached himself to Michael Jackson, of late.
An entertaining charlatan - no more.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   

He appears to have attached himself to Michael Jackson

I rest my case. He is now in his rightful place: the international leaugue of freaks, perverts, cons, and kooks

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
He`s debunked himself due to all the stuff he claims to do never happens when the TV cameras are rolling.The bending of spoons was debunked cos he has them made for him.In the seventies and eighties people were unaware of this stuff and were amazed which helped him make millions now though since illiusionists came along and people are less willing to believe everything on the Tv he has to link to well known people in the media light to stop from being forgotten when he writes another book.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
For those of you are intrested in this I'd thought I share a link to Uri geller ( the spoon bending guy) as some of you people might know him. But there's also lots of outher intresting things to this person aswell check his site out let me know what you think.

Uri Geller
Uri's Impact on the US Army

[edit on 5/10/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I have to strongly disagree with these claims he's been debunked or proven as a fake. On the contrary, to date, there are absolutely no skeptics and scientists who can replicate his feats.

James Randi, self-appointed skeptic, tried, even wrote an inflammatory book against Uri on how the spoon-bending can be easily replicated using illusion and trickery, but could not actually demonstrate URI's feats as he does them. Which is:

Bending spoons or keys, sometimes even breaking them, right in the front of the prying eyes of the public, presenters and cameras, with absolutely no force applied. Sometimes even doing it remotely, or having the spoon or key bend in the palm or pocket of others. URI has also done this in controlled scientific experiments in very prolific labs, Stanford Research Institute in Menlo Park, California, Naval Surface Weapons Center, White Oak Laboratories in Silver Springs, Maryland, Lawrence Livermore Laboratories in California and at other labs and physics departments in England, Canada, France, South Africa and Denmark, and has been accredited in scienctific journals, and also has scientific data to prove it.

The collection of testimonial evidence to his feats is overwhelming, it would be foolhardy to ignore it.

"Geller altered the lattice structure of a metal alloy in a way that cannot be duplicated. There is no present scientific explanationas to how he did this." (This is the first research relatedto parapsychology conducted at a US Government facility tohave been released for publication by the US Department ofDefence).
Eldon Byrd (US Naval Surface Weapons Centre, Maryland - U.S.A.)

Geller has bent my ring in the palm of my hand without ever touchingit. Personally, I have no scientific explanation for the phenomena."
Dr. Wernher von Braun (NASA scientist & father of the Rocket - U.S.A.)

have spent my life in neuropsychiatry and have been interestedin strange mental states and odd phenomena for a number ofyears. I first met Uri three years ago and was able to watchhim bend a spoon on a colleagues's outstretched hand. I tooka spoon from the table. Uri did not touch it, I put it on my colleagues's hand and asked Uri to bend it. Uri ran hisfinger above the spoon and stood back. Nothing happened. Weexpressed some dissapointment, still watching the spoon. He said, Wait and Watch. Slowly, as we watched, with Uri standing well away, the spoon started to curl in front of us, andwithin four minutes the tail of the spoon had risen up likea scorpions sting. I then took the spoon, the first timeI had handled it since I put it there, and sure enough, itr emained a normal spoon with a marked bend. " - Dr.Peter Fenwick. MB, BChir, DPM, FIRCPsych

Dr.Fenwick is a senior lecturer at the institute of psychiatry,London, Consultant Neuropsychiatrist at John Radcliffe infirmaryin Oxford, and Honorary consultant in Neurophysiology to BroadmoorSpecial Hospital.

"I was shocked and amazed how Mr Uri Geller bent my office key at MIT while I was holding it. The sturdy key kept bending in my hand; I can not explain this phenomenon I can only assume that it could relate could relate to quantum chromo dynamics" - Professor Victor Weisskopf physicist who studied under Niels Bohrr worked on the A bomb and over saw the development of European atom smashers.

The evidence based on metallurgical analysis of fractured surfaces(produced by Geller) indicates that a paranormal influence must have been operative in the formation of the fractures."
Dr Wilbur Franklin(Physics Department, Kent State University - U.S.A.)

More here:

Scientific testimony
Biography and feats
Paper by Thelma Moss, Ph.D., The Neuropsychiatric Institute,
Center for the Health Sciences, University of California at Los Angeles.

Magicians testimony

I personally have some objections to Uri's personality and commercialization of this abilities for money and fame, but I cannot possibly ignore the overwhelming evidence for his psychic abilities. Uri's body of evidence is what the disclosure project doesn't have, scientific data and extensive experimental research. I believe the disclosure project, therefore I definitely believe URI.

The basis to psychokensis powers is something, I, and others healers, have used frequently - interaction of mind, energy and matter. Healing uses the bodies own bioenergy or universal energies. The same is for psychokenisis. So the phenomena itself that I would not contest, as I know it is real, yet I would contest if Uri is genuine, and I think there is enough body of evidence to show he is. All be it an egotistical one.

[edit on 5-10-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Sometimes you really have to wonder about the collective mind. I woke up yesterday thinking about Uri, why I don't know because it has been many years since we crossed paths. Now I see this link which was started before my time resurrected.

Uri was connected to me via family, in fact at the height of his fame. But I won't go into it. Some background though as best as my memory serves; he was contacted by aliens who other than teaching him the silly trick with spoons supposedly told him that the most important discovery of time detailing the secrets of man, would be in the finding of a book. I believe it was supposed to be at the turn of the century.

Uri attached himself to a woman who was considered one of the most, if not the most beautiful woman in Israel in the early 70's. He was the best friend of her brother, and they the children of a very prominent man. He rode her curtails to fame in North America until his tricks were called into question by the Amazing Kreskin.

He would perform at private gatherings wowing the audience, but he also taught some people how to duplicate his bending of the spoons. It was no special power, and the clock stopping was natural to some people with a certain electrical imbalance.

Anyway, as fascinating as his alien story was, the year for the declaration to the world came and went. Uri, unfortunately lost the love of his life tragically, and he drifted into obscurity. That is to say that now he finds himself a friend and confidant of Michael jackson as a means of survival.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
SomewhereinBetween: I wouldn't go as far and say URI needs Michael Jackson for survival. URI has a lot of friends, most of them famous, and he also is a father to his children. Michael Jackson is just one of his friends.

As for the "tricks" they could be called psychic parlour tricks, bending spoons and keys, causing seeds to sprout, stopping clocks, there is no apparant purpose to the feats, other than to entertain and astonish. In those respects it is like a magic trick, except it is not a trick, it is what really by definition would be construed as magic(supernatural)

You are right, these "tricks" can be learnt. That is only because we all possess psychic abilities. Telekinesis requires extreme concentration, focus and intention, and the mind-matter-energy interface does the rest. Some can do this naturally, most of us, have to meditate and develop psychically for years on end to do so.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join