It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That odd feeling of danger

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I would like to share a real odd but powerful feeling that I had and would be interested to hear what others also have to say or experienced on this matter,

Can we feel evil in someone?

Goodness know how you would test this or even find more information on the person that you felt it with so you could validate or dismiss the intense feeling that someone is "bad"

My experience was short but really impacted the rest of my day,

I was standing in a que waiting to be served in a shop when i had the utmost feeling that something around me felt very odd, I turned around to be drawn to a man that was possibly 2 or 3 people behind me,

Thats when this very odd feeling really engulfed me! I started to experience extream fear, My heart started beating really fast and i could almost hear it pumping through my ears, It was almost a feeling or terror that i could only explain as if you where cornered by some murderer and fearing for your life,

I had the most strange feeling that this guy was very bad and that my life may be in danger, My gut instinct was to get out of there! So i did,

I was even scared to walk home fearing that something may happen, I ended up calling a friend to come get me, I could not even tell her why in the fear of appearing quite mad,

This happened over a year ago and i have never experiences anything since or before,

Im perfectly sane and not the kind of person who gets Anxious, I have always lived in the rough areas of London so im quite equipped dealing with scary people lol

So was this man "bad" What ever that word entails? Have you ever experienced something similar?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Sounds like survival instinct kicking in. Nothing wrong with a bit of survival instinct.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Well...I could be wrong but I'm not so sure about evil. It may have been a few things...something like a strange smell in the air triggered a nervous response...or maybe you were even picking up this guy's energy level, which may have been "off" in some way.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Thats when this very odd feeling really engulfed me! I started to experience extream fear, My heart started beating really fast and i could almost hear it pumping through my ears, It was almost a feeling or terror that i could only explain as if you where cornered by some murderer and fearing for your life,

Have you ever experienced something similar?

Yes. Once. When I was very close to a big cat in the dark. I felt the cat was projecting fear into me. Perhaps some people have this ability.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

i am a sensitive,i 'feel' every ones emotions to a certain degree. the strong ones like anger are easy to feel.
saddness is the worst for me,because i'll automatically emulate that emotion,and it takes a while to shake off.
did you get sweaty palms,or goose bumps,or get really hot? it was probably good you left!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Maybe instinct, picked up on visual/body cues without realizing it. Perhaps his stance was aggressive, his facial expression menancing. You might not register that on a conscious level, but your subconscious would notice and warn you.

Always trust your insticts. I had a similar experience, and trusting my instincts, I'm convinced, saved my life. And maybe your instincts saved you that day.

Better to be wary and safe, than trusting and dead.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I believe myself to be somewhat of an empath, I can feel the emotions of others, and I'm also generally very perceptive of my surroundings and of others. I feel like I can sense the energy of people and determine if they are dangerous or bad or evil or what have you. It's rarely done before I even look at someone but if the person had a strong enough negative energy level then I can certainly see how you could have picked up on that and been scared of it, especially if you hadn't experienced it before.

I really don't think it's all that strange when you look at the wide range of abilities that have been exhibited by people. Sensing energy seems like something we should all be able to do.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by asala

i am a sensitive,i 'feel' every ones emotions to a certain degree. the strong ones like anger are easy to feel.
saddness is the worst for me,because i'll automatically emulate that emotion,and it takes a while to shake off.
did you get sweaty palms,or goose bumps,or get really hot? it was probably good you left!

This is exactly what I was talking about! Sadness is the worst for me as well.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

fellow sensitive i presume? if yes,and i think you are because i got goosbumps reading your reply!
you must get premanitions as well! this 'gift' isnt as cool as some people think!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
That is just intuition. We all have that ability, but some are better at using it then others. It sounds like you felt his energy and intention to do something that could have resulted in a bad situation. Do you remember a news story or report stating that something happened at this location after you left?

Always listen to "the still small voice" within you, it is you and will never lead you wrong, unless it is to get your attention; but in that case, you didn't listen to begin with.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You felt a strange feeling for an unknown reason, then you looked around TRYING to connect it to something. For some reason you connected it to this guy, maybe because he looked slightly intimidating? From then you had convinced yourself this feeling was because of him and nothing else.
edit on 11/27/10 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Better to be wary and safe, than trusting and dead.

So very true. Ive had similar experiences and I've gotten the heebie jeebies off of some folks that later proved to be deserved. Some of the places I've been and some of the experiences I've had as a result I think helped me to really tune into a higher level of situational awareness than someone who may not have had to rely on such a sense daily.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I don't want to get too off topic here but I thought it would be impolite not to reply.

I have had only a few premonitions that I know were premonitions so that's very rare for me but I do seem to have that ability, on rare occasions. As I said, I'm mainly just an empath.

Both of those abilities, premonitory and empathy, are not always good and fun. I do cherish my abilities but there is a price to pay and a burden that comes with them. Feeling others emotions means just that, you can be sad when you're not doing anything at all or get angry while you're laying in bed trying to go to sleep. If you pay attention and learn to control it, you can start to differentiate your emotions from others and even start to pinpoint whose emotions they are but it can be very daunting to someone who doesn't know they can do this or to people who haven't learned to control it.

Again, I'm really sorry if this was too off topic. I was just trying to be polite.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I have felt evil in others but not to the extent you did about that person. Hope I never do. I listen to my gut/feelings whatever, all the time and it has always led me away from harm.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
sounds more like you had an anxiety attack, ever have any issues with panic\anxiety attacks?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

YES! I HAVE FELT THIS AS WELL! Humans are becoming more aware of their surroundings.. I find it very interesting, alot of us are having very complicated and lucid dreams as well ( i do).

I wonder if we are experiecing a change in senses or better yet, an ancient one is awakening?!?!?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I believe our gut level instints can be amazingly accurate at times. Probably a smart thing that you followed your instincts. But if you start having recurring feelings such as this it could be stress triggered panic attacks too. The most vivid example of this happening to me was not my own instincts but walking with my dog. I walk her in a city and she does not react to other people walking by. One day a man was approaching us and was still quite a distance away when my dog stopped, her hair stood up, and she began growling and acting agitated. I took her off the sidewalk into someone's yard because I didn't want to walk close to him with her behaving this way. I was very embarrased but the man crossed the street before we got too close and continued by with his head down. Less than five minutes later we walked by a group of teenage boys that were laughing and talking loudly. My dog walked by looking at them and wagging her tail, acting normal again. It was such an unexpected and exreme reaction, it really makes me think she might have detected something bad about the guy. However, I did adopt her and possibly something about the guy triggered a bad memory from her past.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

I have had this sense of danger before too, though not from people but from places or situations. I remember one recent instance quite strongly when I was visiting a cathedral while on holiday. While my husband was quite happy inside looking at the architecture, I got a terrible cold feeling within myself (hairs rose along my back and I felt very uncomfortable) and the first thought that came into my head when this happened was this place is tainted with blood (I know that sounds ridiculous but that was the actual thought that came into my head) and I just had to go outside as soon as possible. My husband thought I was crazy when I told him.

I also get negative feelings from some people and instinctively feel that I should not associate with them - usually these feelings are proven correct in the long-term so I tend to go with my gut but also vice-versa. I have some good friends that I've instinctively felt have a "goodness" about them, while others although friends I am still guarded around as I sense they are not to be completely trusted.
If you got such a strong reaction off this guy then I think you were wise to leave.
edit on 17-2-2012 by umbratica because: (no reason given)

I also am terrible for picking up people's emotions - sadness, happiness. Also very bubbly personalities make me feel "drained" it's almost like they suck energy out of me for them to stay energetic!
edit on 17-2-2012 by umbratica because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Thats the odd thing... I have never suffered that kind of thing, Im pretty hard knox in that kind of way, I lived within alot of danger and its not something i have ever panicked about,

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Could well be and i have thought of that but this guy did not look anything like your stereotypical scary man,
He was in his late 20's and looked like any other fella, Not a bad looking guy and also pretty well dressed,

I think that is why it baffled me, and oddly something i have never forgotten,

As for issues around that time i did look but nothing ever stood out that i could connect with the man i had seen,

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join