It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams becoming clearer, more..... in focus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Just thought I'd throw something random into this ocean to see if it floats.

I'm not one who usuallly remembers much of his dreams. They usually stay in my memory for about 5 minutes after I wake up and then they're gone.

Anyway there hasn't really been anything out of the ordinary about the content of my dreams. They usually focus on the people and activities that occupy my mind when I'm awake. The only thing out of the ordinary is that I've been having to deal with more personal issues lately then I think I ever have. I've been noticing though that after I wake up, and sometimes even when I'm dreaming, that my dreams seem to be more in focus. Kind of like when I put on my reading glasses after working on the computer for about an hour. My eyes get strained, a little blurry even, and then I put my glasses on and everything becomes clearer. The same things with these dreams of late. I didn't really see how out of focus they were until they became more "in focus".

Not only that, but for the past 2 "nights" when I'm asleep ( I work the graveyard and sleep days, even on my days off when I write more) I've been noticing that my dreams are in color. I can't name a point in time when I even remembered something like that, much less if I even did dream in color.

Anybody know why dreams become more vivid?

The only thing I can think of is that I've been going through a lot of "emotional traffic" for the past year and it's been dying down lately because I'm more in control of things now. I've had ups and down in my life like this before, but not to the extent where they affected my dreams like this.

Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Well op, you are not alone in your experiences.
I and MANY people, all over the world have the same experience.
Lot's of ATS members and a lot of other people , of which you can find evidence on the Internet.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Can't help you there but I can understand where you're coming from , for the last few weeks I too have been experiencing very vivid dreams , about nothing special really but they are the kind that when I wake I'll sit in bed for a while wondering what was that about , and still have it rattling around in my head for the rest of the day ....very strange .

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The only thing I can think of is that I've been going through a lot of "emotional traffic" for the past year and it's been dying down lately because I'm more in control of things now. I've had ups and down in my life like this before, but not to the extent where they affected my dreams like this.

inmyopinion you just have answered your own question: you became more vivid.

it is a fact of life that more maturity makes us more sensitive to experience finer subtleties

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ditto here.Lucid dreaming or OBEs seem to be on the increase from what ive observed, but that could be subjective.My lucid dreams are almost nightly now. In the past were only occasional. Other senses like touch and smell are way more acute. There is a lot of info out there about lucid dreams/OBEs or what ever you want to call them. I tend to meditate to encourage them before sleeping. This works very well for me. Could be worth a try for you if you dont already.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
First-did you recently stop smoking herbs? People who smoke all the time and quit suddenly are able to 'see' their dreams.

Yes, mine have also been...strange. I lack the time to describe mine, but theyre always in the same places, with reoccuring themes. My lucid dreams, or 'visions', are another world all together.

I believe theres more to dreams than anyone stops to realize. Free of our body's weight and upkeep, our spirit is driven freely on the winds of expression, tailoring the very fabric of our concious slate to fit the dwelling of our inate desires. Some just play chess with Lincoln and a beaver. While all on equal ground, here on the physical plane, the sub-con seems to manifest a runway to the stars, catering to the whim of our imagination, and her misty-eyed pilot, the muse.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you will join us, with the world as one.

P.s. Thats a beatles quote from Imagine, by John Lennon. NOT Maynard.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
My dreams have gotten stranger the past three months. It's almost like I've been having premonitions. I'll have a dream, a very, very, vivid one and whatever did happen in that dream will come true in real life a couple weeks later. A friend of mine also has been having these types of dreams. Hey, she even said that she had a dream last night and I was actually dating someone for once. Hopefully that will come true.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexx790

Im glad you mentioned it. Every damn night lately my body triggers the first phase of OBE. Something isnt right though. Like it is forcing me into that first step. It used to gently coax me. I fight it, or have been l8ly. Im no stranger to the astral plane, but it seems to be taking on a new face. Vulgar, almost. And I have NO control. Im anchored, and flight is impossible to attain. Maybe God put up a 'no fly zone' to clean out some bugs. Gasp. Maybe Im the bugs.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Just the other morning I woke up after having the most vivid dream and was wondering the same thing. I haven't really had any dreams over the last 10 years, well ones I could remember after I woke up. It has alot to do with the med's I take. To say the dream was odd would be an understatement. It was vivid enough where I had to think for a moment after I woke up if it was real or not. Was a little bumbed out once I realized it wasn't real because it involved me getting a large sum of money.
Now i'm having dreams everynight like when I was younger.

Personally I prefer not to have dreams. All they do is bum me out when it's a really good one, or scare the pants off me when it's a bad one. Now the cause? Your guess is as good as mine OP. It could be like another member pointed out perhaps you are becoming more vivid. Then that doesen't explain my situation. Maybe humanity is starting to tap into the parts of our brain we have never used before. I have always wondered what would happen if someone used 100% of there brain. Would they even be part of the physical world anymore? Or would there concousness just be free flowing like the energy that permiates everything around us?

This just came to me, maybe dreams are us veiwing our counterpart's life in a different universe. The transfer of thought to our DNA is instant. So if someone has the same DNA structure as us in theory we could feel there emotions no matter how great the distance. Unless the bubble universe has some sort of buffer between bubbles. Went a little off topic OP sorry, just thinking out loud.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Have you perhaps recently started to meditate?That could change the quality or feel of your dreams...

After I started a few years ago my persistent nightmares stopped,because I could suddenly take control of them.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If you want to remember your dreams, get the Lucid dreaming book by Stephen LaBerge it is really great.

Also get Conscious Dreaming by Robert Moss

And you'll dream as you're awake

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestintentions

inmyopinion you just have answered your own question: you became more vivid.

it is a fact of life that more maturity makes us more sensitive to experience finer subtleties

I never quite looked at it that way before. Finer subtleties. I think you may have just hit that hidden nail on the head. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewhiteeyes
First-did you recently stop smoking herbs? People who smoke all the time and quit suddenly are able to 'see' their dreams.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you will join us, with the world as one.

I haven't tasted Mary Jane in quite some time. Sometimes I really miss that lady. She's a sweet girl.

My smoking habits are more sporadic though. There may be a couple of days out the week when I wont even touch a cigarette, but when I have to go back to work, or when my ____ is home all day off of work I'll pick them back up.

Other than that, no physical changes.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthedoubter

Have you perhaps recently started to meditate?That could change the quality or feel of your dreams...

After I started a few years ago my persistent nightmares stopped,because I could suddenly take control of them.

I don't know if you'ld call it meditating, but I have been listening to A LOT more music than usual. The MP3 stays in my ears almost constantly. There are some days when it puts me to sleep. I have everything in there, about 5 hours worth now, from "Bridge over troubled water" to "Dancin with Mr. D" to "( Don't tell me) What love can do". I've been building them up since Halloween of last year. Whatever mood I'm in at the time I'll pick a song or songs and put them in rotation. It just gets me through the day somehow. Some people talk to friends, I listen to music.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
well yes.
"just read the internet and see how many others are having this happen too".
yes.
*Also* read on the internet about the 2012 "increasing of vibrations stimulating the inner soul of people"!

Many write about how the real 2012 is about a whole new spiritual increase of inner life, dreams, almost as if we all will soon live on earth *like* we will live in heaven. there is even the possibility that many of us will go to heaven "alive", that is....the 3D would we live in will "suddenly" become a higher dimensional world!

The older souls might sense this first.

Almost as if some kind of "radiation" is sleeting through our inner souls and stimulating our dreams. Many people TOO are seeing an increase of "strange" events around them, in their outer lives !
Like: many more "coincidental" events happening. or feeling that one is becoming Psychic.
again, this is due to that increase of vibrations.

Many feel that we all will soon go to 5D world, if we can Vibrate to that higher level.

thus it is not even *what* one dreams about, it is the increase of vibrations.

here is a post that I wrote, on a forum, where I made a kind of prediction to them, and explaining this dream-increasing process.

=====

hi all.

here ole Freestone sticks his neck out with a Prediction, again.
This is an Intuitive prediction, based in part on my own experiences.

That beginning actually a month ago, and accelerating ever the more, from now on, and involving more and more people, the very Quality of many people's dreams will change!

[there are many people who are experiencing these dreams now!]

to say that one's dreams will become more "intense", is not correct, but the words to describe these dreams are hard for me to find.

take a hypothetical "Helen". she is an old soul and somewhat "psychic" or "sensitive".
Her age does not matter. She dreams a lot, normally.
So, beginning either on *a* day, or increasing bit by bit for a week or more, her dreams get more and more strange! they become more "otherworldly" and more lucid.
She begins to sense that she is dreaming Real Places, some realm that is still "there" when she leaves to awake. "Oh, out-of-body experiences" she might at first say. but she has had these for years: these dreams are different!
Tis almost as if "they" are rewiring heaven and changing all of the Rules of the afterlife and she is getting a preview of her life-to-come, after she dies. but if this is the afterlife, it is not the "old" afterlife that even mediums and channelers have gotten descriptions about, over the last 150 years!
In addition even her "ordinary" "brain processing" dreams have now this same flavor. say that she has a dream of visiting her childhood home and her small hometown, she has this type of dream about once a month for about the last 20 years; now when she has a childhood home dream, she finds that her childhood house is *named* that *name* in the dream but that this house looks NOTHING like
any house that she has ever seen. it looks sparkle-like and all of the wood looks patterned nearly like of what is seen on a "'___'-trip"! Then her hometown looks like some place she has never seen: she wonders if she is seeing a past life home. even *that* description fails to describe.....

furthermore, when she wakes up in the morning, it is with Great Difficulty. one person described this as "climbing up out of a 50 foot deep well, on a rope"!
Too, she needs much *much* more sleep every day!
And...even when she is awake, she feels spacey and woozy and it is almost as if these Dreams are still ongoing even when she is awake. For some people, the daily outer life, in the world, is ALSO becoming this "psychedelic" kind of strange new reality too!

some people are even "afraid" that they will get SO deep into these worlds that they might never come back to earth!

Slowly, it becomes apparent that these "dream worlds" are more Real than our 3D earth is here! And the Intensity of these dreams are increasing, for these dreamers!
Some will be taught profound wisdom, by teachers. some will see and experiences realms and worlds that look "fantasy-like" but are more lucidly experienced than daily life awakeness.

From now until late 2012 and beyond....

Mostly older souls, which means most people who read these forums!

so what *is* going on?!
probably, as the new heavens and the new earth are being Set Up, for us all to arrive, in these Ascension times, we dreamers are getting "up to speed", the
"oven pre-warmed" while we are still alive here on earth. each of us will have a slightly different "world" to call Home, there, thus each person's dreams could show a completely different series of places, from another's dreams.

======
In my next post are some examples from my own recent dreams.

freestone

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
here are some examples from my own dreams.
==============

my last night's dream is SO telling.
on the surface, the dream was one of my standard going back to childhood home in interlaken. little wonder i have these dreams a lot, i grew up there and lived only there for 19 years until 1960 and my mother and father died essentially there. mother died in 1974. make that over THIRTY YEARS!!

very hard to describe a flavor of a dream. i was almost aghast with surprise in the dream. first off, there were maybe ten or more sections to it, each "act" was using a prop from my childhood. two aunt's homes, [they STILL live in their 1950 bought homes!!], the town, farms, the woods, etc.
first off, none of the places *were* from my hometown or from my childhood. not anywhere near. like as if you visited your childhood home and it was an Arab tent in the Sahara desert!!
=========

so here the dream is....

I am outdoors walking on a road. tis a pretty day in astral or 4D plane
world. blue sky and grassy field and trees off in the distance. I walk alone, apparently.
then suddenly the dream-view changes. the "camera" zooms back about 80 feet so that I am looking at myself walking, on this alone road.

then i hear a Voice.

"this is freestone walking alone, he sees this country scene and anyone else can see this scene. HOWEVER!
[pause]
here is the *REAL* reality of what is around freestone"!

all of a sudden i see something utterly weird. i was thinking on the way back just how i would even begin to describe what i saw, i finally hit upon this: imagine a large movie screen and there are about five film projectors aimed at this screen and they each are showing a movie! there are then five movies playing on this one screen, all in the same space and time.
what i was seeing was essentially what looked to be hundreds of people, multiple places and scenes, all 3D super-imposed on and in each other. this was not "freestone is obsessed with 200 souls", it was as if there were a dozen worlds all present for review all in one space!
All of this was like a huge flattened bubble, 200 feet wide, around me.
======

See, it is not the strange images, in these dreams, so much: it is the "radiation", the "more lucid reality sensings", as if "someone, the Dream master, overlaid now the dreams with another reality, and this reality even shows up in the "ordinary psychological dreams".

ascension.
---slowly the age rolls over, one age to another. 2012 and all of that.
these words you all have read over and over and over, there is a bit of "abstraction" to them. but the Teeth-that-Bite, is these concepts is that for many souls this earthlife might be the last earth incarnation and a Place is being prepared...places...for us all to live, in higher dimensional worlds.
Thus as our reality shifts over, the "radiation", or whatever, affects many people even now before they die of earthchanges or old age. The Changes would appear at first in dreams, then eventually extend "down" into our daily awake lives.
"the new earth" might be more apparent to these people.
life will become more "magical" and "spiritual".

Thus our dream lives are being "sleeted" with, perhaps, a kind of Radiation, a radiation that stimulates us to experience higher realms of dimensions, whereas weeks or months ago, our dream-souls could not "reach" that high: now they can!

sorry for all of the "words"; i cannot really find simple concepts to describe how a *flavor* of one's dreams can change such that even ordinary dreams like "test failing" or "running to catch the bus" now have magical and vivid lucidity to them!

at this rate we will be more Awake over there than we are here on earth in our waking lives!!

freestone

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by freestonew

Yes, I believe you are scratching the surface of something, mr. Wilson. My dreams are becoming very intense, almost testing my limits. Reality, too, seems inclined to bend occasionaly. I happen to know that I am p3rfectly sane. Still, Im biting my tongue until I get a better understanding. I have a coupl# theories, yet as an introvert, keep them to myself. Mostly because I find it difficult to draw an outline of reason around them.

I didnt believe in psychic anything until I started changing recently. It could easily drive a weaker man insane. Courtesy begat empathy, empathy in turn is evolving into literally sharing the pain and joy of others, as if I am a reflection. I dont need to read someones face to feel them, and frankly, a LOT of people carry unecessary negative baggage. It gets more intense, but Ive said enough for now.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Hmm, I'm not sure what to think. I have always been a vivid dreamer, somewhat like the "Helen" of Freestone's post.

Lately, many of my dreams have been centered around the home I was born at and lived the first 7.5 years of my life. Now, in reality, the house burned down a couple of years after we moved away. The land is still there and owned by my birth family, and the house site and garage and many of the plants/trees I tended to as a child are still there (well, they were the last time I was there). This house was located in a fairly desert-like and remote environment.

In my dreams, the locale is the same, I know it's the same in my dream, but it is different in varying details. Sometimes the house is not there and the land is different, sometimes the house is standing, sometimes the house is burned down, sometimes the house is a tent, sometimes it is in a desert, sometimes in a forest, but I always know it is the same place. Many different things happen in this setting, generally some kind of strife or stressful events where I have to DO something.

Alternatively, I have also been having a large number of dreams where I am stuck in the dream, cycling over and over through frustrating circumstances which I cannot escape or control. (ex: in a large store, trying to purchase groceries, but the checker is taking each piece of fruit out of the bag, scanning each individual grocery of my huge cart-full of groceries.) I wake up from these dreams in a cold sweat, because I have been fighting to get out of the dream.

It is disconcerting.

I am not sure what to think.
edit on 2/17/2012 by ottobot because: typos

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet. But, the first thing you should consider is physical illness and/or diet. Bipolar disorder and diabetes are both associated with vivid dreaming as are some medications - depression medication, sleep medication, and some over-the-counter drugs. If you have any of these or are taking any of these then talk to your doctor about it. Also, if you've experienced a change in your health lately, that you can now associate with vivid dreaming, talk to your doctor about that too.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet. But, the first thing you should consider is physical illness and/or diet. Bipolar disorder and diabetes are both associated with vivid dreaming as are some medications - depression medication, sleep medication, and some over-the-counter drugs. If you have any of these or are taking any of these then talk to your doctor about it. Also, if you've experienced a change in your health lately, that you can now associate with vivid dreaming, talk to your doctor about that too.

No medications here. I've never taken anything stronger than painkillers and that's only when I absolutely needed them. Haven't done any of that for over a year now. The only medical changes I've experienced is losing 20 pounds over the past 5 months, and that was gradual. I'm not diabetic or bi-polar except for the usual mood swings that any normal adult goes through.

Thanks for the concern though.

top topics

join