It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bell canada in ontario is down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So I jump on the internet at 9am only to find out there is no connection on the land line. I am on my android phone and that let's me on here and Google, can't get on Facebook or twitter. Tried calling bell Canada at 310-2355 and 310-7873, it gives the very fast out of service ring. Businesses are running cash only, Poe's are down. I cannot call long distance to any exchange and can only make local calls.

I have to wonder, is this a test or is it the beginning of the end. Or maybe bell Canada just screwed up the entire system as they are just a bunch of idiots anyway. Who knows?

Anyone else with similar problems where they are cut off from communications except to local and emergency services?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

we're on bell here(i'm in ontario too) and every thing is fine! i dont have a land line,but internet and room mate's tv is good. my cell phone is a different carrier.
did ya pay your bill?!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Beginning of the end? OK ... relax. Don't Panic. Just because your phone is down is no reason to start going for the SHTF bag. Lord knows you dont want to be looked back at in history the way we look at the people reacting to the Orson Welles' War of the World radio broadcast.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I also live in Ontario and didn't hear about such a thing .. probably an isolated incident

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by underduck

I just said that beginning of end stuff to be clever lol and yes all bills are paid. I am in eastern Ontario, just found out the banks are down as well.

Eta: as I said as well it may be a test.

Cheers - Dave

edit on 2/16.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

My apologies. Sometimes you never know with this group.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by underduck

I just find it a little weird that the banks are down, the beer store is closed (oh noes),all the Pos's are down in businesses, can't call long distance, can't reach bell Canada, internet is down, but only on a land line. Cell phones still work, they must have really screwed things up big time!

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Bell network on the east coast (New Brunswick) is up as normal but I have been having epic issues lately having to constantly reset my bell provided dsl modem, sometimes 3 resets in a row before the connection becomes stable.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Can you hear me now?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I don't usually have that problem. It is just pretty strange that I cannot contact bell or dial long distance. I guess when the system fails on the front end of a substation connected to the fiber lines it results in communication compartmentalization. If it were just the internet I could easily understand the problem but this is almost total communications loss in the local area except for cell phones.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Apparently some jagoff cut through the fiber line according to bell and it's going to take 26 hrs to fix it. It is isolated allegedly to the 613 area code. I managed to get them on the cell phone through bell mobility. This is just stupid though, even the heart has three parallel nerves, you would think these clowns could have two. Oh, and bell just raised their rates again last month, like it was justified huh?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

99 times out of a hundred some jackoff deserves the blame. Happy to hear it's not the beginning of the end. Baseball season is coming up

join