It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something of a miracle.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Hello ATSers!

Today, I would like to share with you something that happened to me a few days ago, a sort of happy conclusion to an event that began on a cold winter night, 11 years ago...

I was alone with my daughter who was then about 2 years old. I was sitting on the couch, and I was holding her by the hips as she was standing on my legs, dancing and laughing.
With the spontaneity only a child can possess, she jumped, well, actually, tried to jump... over my head, hoping to land on the top of the couch, behind me.

Instead, her belly landed on my forehead,sending my head backwards rapidly, and in the motion of her jump, her legs came up too, having the reflex to land on her knees, one of them crushing literally my throat, over extended by the position my head was now in...

The pain was sharp and intense. In a matter of seconds, I felt an important swelling in my throat. I couldn't make any swallowing movement with it for a good 30 minutes, and when I could, it was with extreme pain.
I remained calm because I could breath OK and didn't feel it would get worse.

Of course, I consulted with doctors, and according to their criteria, I was candidate for surgery, but everyone refused to do it, arguing the damage was too minimal to venture on such a complicated operation that could leave me with more problems.
Apparently, the scans showed a deviation of only 3 mm, but with the fingers, we could feel the cave in on the left side of the throat.

My voice changed; it became lower, and my singing abilities went seriously down. I couldn't make any growling sound as it immediately irritated my throat, making me cough for minutes, which was making it more painful, etc.
I couldn't turn my head to the left anymore because the two parts of the throat that were kinked, the upper and lower one, were hitting each other, making it sharply painful. I couldn't put my chin on my chest anymore, the throat locked into a position that prevented me from doing so.Whenever I became emotive, my throat painfully locked for minutes, and I couldn't move it, or talk until the tension released.

My throat was a mess, and it was a life sentence.

Until the last two times I became ill.

First, I was one of the lucky ones who was hit by H1N1. ( I haven't really been sick with flu or cold since then!
) I became very sick, breathing was hard and my girlfriend wanted to send me to the hospital, but I refused.

Coughing was really bad, intense. So intense, that at one point, my throat popped. My voice changed a little and general movements were better, but still limited in some, and though the pain was long gone, I still felt a constant presence in my throat, like when you push it with the tip of the finger, but inside.

I appreciated the easing of my discomfort, but there were still undesirable effects, and some I only came to find out a few days ago.

You see, a few days ago a had a major indigestion. My head was splitting, and my body felt like s**t.
Around 10pm, I took a shower, near lave temperature, and it helped calm a bit my tortured body. But after a few minutes, I felt nauseous, and had to vomit.
Instantly, 80% of the headache was gone, and my stomach felt like a deserted battlefield. I could rest a little.
But about 20 minutes later, I felt nauseous again. But the slow creeping one.

I did the only smart thing to do and put two fingers down my throat to accelerate the process.

That was probably the second best decision off ALL MY LIFE!!!

The reflex of throwing up was so intense it; A) dislocated my jaw, on the right side (!!!) and,
B) popped my throat back in its natural position!!!

On the moment, I only felt the pain in my jaw, my throat, and strangely enough, the base of my tongue and surrounding muscles, as if I had ran a marathon with it...

I put my jaw back into position, but the pain in my throat was similar to the one I had felt 11 years ago, minus the swelling. Having sometimes the weirdest of inspirations, I decided to begin signing, and in a matter of minutes, all the pain was gone.
I found out that I had regained about 98% of my voice while retaining the capacity to sign lower than I did before!

And I discovered that I had two problems I didn't know about, or rather, put its being on other factors.

In the last two years, I began having trouble with some words, having a hard time saying them, like my tongue was slipping on a banana peel. I was beginning to sound like a dumb guy. I was thinking to myself senility was knocking at my door too early to my taste.
Also, every time I had to make a physical effort, I was short on breath, and my heart was racing like Biscuit ( the racing horse... ) for minutes and minutes, however small the effort. Needless to say it impaired my ability to remain in shape. My girlfriend thought I was lazy, and I was almost beginning to believe it... I had trouble eating things like bread, which stuck in my throat and could only be dislodged with carbonated drinks...

Well, since two days now, I am free to make all movements a human head does naturally, I have instantly regained my speech ability and, coolest of all, I can now run a mile and aside from being a little short on breath, my hearth hardly raises its beat count!
And I can eat a peanut butter covered bread without any problems, anymore!

I feel like I am 20 years old again! It feels so great!

I feel like the blind who is given sight, or the paralyzed that can walk again. I now see how this injury negatively impacted on my life, and that of those who surround me! It blossomed problems I never would have thought to correlate...

I thank the Lord for this wonderful gift, and I prey for everyone to experience such a wonderful event in their life, however improbable it may seem.

I now feel so energized, so strong! My confidence level is up and I feel like I could rock the world!

To me, its a true Miracle!, and I just had to share the good news with you!

Thanks for your time, and the Best to All of You!!!

Nowan
edit on 16-2-2012 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

What does your lord have to do with what happened here?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Dude, I'd seriously be careful sticking your fingers down your throat and inducing a jaw dislocation as a remedy.

Have you been checked/monitored by health professionals since the event?

But, good to hear you're feeling better!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

I'm grateful, is that wrong?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Noinoi

Er... I put the fingers in to throw up, not dislocate the jaw. That was collateral damage...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
reply to post by TheCommentator

I'm grateful, is that wrong?
For what tho? Seems this happened all by normal non divine causes

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Dear NowanKenubi,

How nice for you, I am glad you are better. Peace.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Congratulations! Welcome to your new life. I'm happy for you that it turned out to be positive. Those sessions can be brutally forceful. I've known people who have popped an embolism.

So I thought it fitting to post the following for you. By Skull Snaps: It's a New Day

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Thanks! I'm glad too!

I nearly answered you yesterday, but the computer closed because of an update as I was to post my answer, and then one of the kids woke up sick...

Have a nice day!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Thank you! I feel really relieved that its mostly over now.

That song was a perfect choice!

It feels like I've gained my life back, it's so cool!

Have a nice day!

top topics

join