It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Witches are trying to kill me'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

WILKES-BARRE, PA -
To hear Jake Jenkins tell it, he's battening down the hatches in a battle against evil. As he opens the door on his Waller Street home, the sound of scraping metal and wood escapes through the cracks. He's pulling back the bars and beams that keep his family secure.

And the witches out.

Jenkins, 51, and his wife spend much of their time hunkered down in their two-story home along with their eight children ranging in ages from 22 years to 1.

He said he home-schools his children.

"I'm no fool."

Jenkins doesn't really want to talk about himself, or his family for that matter.

"The witches are after us, so I don't really want to get into any personal stuff," he said.

He told a Times Leader photographer "witches are trying to kill me." Asked why, he said, "I really don't know."

His protection against dark forces extends beyond his front door.

A tree stump in the center of his small front yard is adorned with wooden stakes: nine point skyward, and seven jut from its side along its circumference.

"It's a map of the neighborhood," Jenkins said. "Each spike points to where a witch lives.

"There's a whole bunch that live up there," he said, pointing north up Waller Street.

The horizontal stakes, painted red, point out the witches, he said. The purpose of the vertical ones? To gently dissuade witches from using his stump for ceremonies.

"What they used to do is come by and sit on it," he said.

"The one up there, she drinks human blood," he said. "The one ... there, she's the real high-level witch, but she's real slick."

Standing on his porch dressed in warm-up pants, a T-shirt and a sweat-stained army cap, Jenkins explains Luzerne County is the location of the largest witches coven in the state.

"Police know about it," he added.

"No one has come to me and said we have a problem with witches on Waller Street," said police Chief Gerry Dessoye.

As Jenkins spoke from his doorway, to his right hung a "Ghostbusters" poster with a witch standing in for the ghost, attached to the worn siding of the home. "A family project," he calls it.

"You have the witches that want to play at it, and then you have the real serious bastards, deadly," he said.

He should know - he said his own brother, who used to live next door, is one of them.

Bill Jenkins was convicted in 1998 on 10 federal charges for trading machine guns for marijuana and sentenced to 47 years. According to the U.S. Attorney's Office, the guns - semi-automatic weapons converted to automatic - were being sent to members of a white supremacist group, the Aryan Brotherhood, and the Dirty Dozen motorcycle gang.

It was Bill Jenkins who tipped Jake Jenkins off to the existence of the witches. "Basically I started watching my brother. That was back in the 1990s."

In the early morning hours of June 20 - the same month Jenkins put the stakes around his tree trunk - his brother's old house went up in flames under what fire officials say are suspicious circumstances.

Jenkins said he's happy the home burnt; it's another blow against the witches.

Gene and Becky Dill live directly across Waller Street from Jenkins. He warned them about the neighborhood activity, they said.

"Yeah," Gene said with a grin. "I live with one," he added, nudging his wife.

More: www.timesleader.com...

Perhaps if he is spending so much time in his house, he should get a radon detector. I was born around Wilkes Barre and as you can see, there is a good reason that I have not gone back there in years.

My favorite part though is if the neighbor's wife sees what her husband said about her in print.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Very amusing. I am an Eclectic Pagan Witch and I happen to live in Luzerne County. I personally don't belong to a coven. In fact, I have yet to find any ACTIVE covens around these parts.

Here are some facts about Witches that most people don't know.
Witches, like Christians, have a sort of "ten commandments" called the Rede. The Rede's most important rule is; NOT TO CAUSE HARM TO ANYONE. The exact words are, "An it Harm None, do as thou will". We teach our children to be respectful of that rule above all others. We also teach them to be independent thinkers.

Real Witches (believe it or not,) have day jobs. Some are accountants, some are teachers, and some are beauticians. Others are lawyers and many are doctors...I even know a witch who works for her town library.

Real Witches have families. Spouses and children. Witches love their spouses and children just like you do.

The majority of real witches don't believe in VIOLENCE...Or in sacrificing animals or children, or even in the biblical "Satan" for that matter.

Most Witches believe that all living things are important and have a right to live and flourish. Our religion is nature based, so it teaches us to respect life.

Witches live in normal houses; with bathrooms, and bedrooms and living rooms. We cook dinner and watch funny TV shows; we make love to our lovers, bring our kids to the bus stop, take showers, eat pancakes on Saturday mornings and take our dogs out for walks. We have cable TV and internet connections; and some Witches even go to church..We just happen to call it by another name. (Circle)..

There is no such thing as a Warlock...It's a made up word..Male Witches are called Witches; just like female Witches are called witches.

We have friends, play cards, go out to dinner, watch movies, and drive automobiles.

Broom sticks can't really fly...But they're pretty good for sweeping away negative energy.

Witches do cast spells. But a spell is not what most people think it is. Just like in Catholicism, a spell is a type of prayer that involves some element of ritual. A witch might pray to a specific God or Goddess for help in a time of need. She might light a candle for an ailing friend, or say a mantra for a sick child. She might walk out to a field, pick up a leaf, hold it up to the sky and let the wind carry her prayer into the atmosphere...She might even dance beneath a full moon, in honor of her Goddess.

In short; a real witch would never, EVER conspire to harm a neighbor.

Mr. Jenkins, I strongly encourage you to stop watching so much TBN. God is indeed good, but even Jesus would find this laughable.

Educate yourself about Witchcraft. We aren't out to get you, we don't curse people, and for the love of Pete, nobody is trying to kill you. Even if there really "WERE" a giant coven of witches living in your neighborhood, they are likely far too busy taking care of their own families to expend any energy destroying yours.

Get a grip.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Is it a good witch, or a bad witch?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
THat is scary. At the very least his kids are going to be royally messed up, but I could actually see a guy like this hurting someone.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It's people like this guy that make conspiracy theorists and others who home school their kids look like crazies.
Thanks so much buddy.
More eyebrows raised.
:shk:

new topics

top topics

join