It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's 'child labour camp' (Scientology)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Australia's 'child labour camp' (Scientology)

au.news.yahoo.com

In the middle of suburban Australia is a secret compound that's labelled 'degrading' and 'inhumane', with allegations of keeping children prisoner.

Right in the middle of a quiet suburb is a place where children are separated from their parents, and forced to work full time for no pay, and live in squalid conditions.

Those who've survived this place say they were brainwashed into believing they could not leave, and that they deserved the shocking treatment dished out.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

A young man who escaped the place with the help of his father, Shane Kelsey says “I lived in that garage for about a year and a half, maybe two years.”

Shane is now 21-years-old. Until just over a year ago he had never used the internet, watched television or followed the media.

“You're not allowed to read any books other than scientology books, you can't read newspapers, no radio, no movies, nothing,” Shane said.

Shane says he was held captive and groomed to see all of us on the outside as pathetic, useless and stupid.

“So I lived in a garage until that got flooded by a storm, and my mum got really pissed off and said 'what the hell' and so I got moved into a closet. It is a closet under the stairs - maybe two metres long and a metre wide,” Shane said.

The true Australian headquarters of the Church of Scientology are located in the Sydney suburb of Dundas. The RPF base - which stands for Rehabilitation Project Force - is where Scientologists are sent for punishment and training, for crimes that most of us would regard as trivial.

Well people, just when you think that the Scientologists have managed to scare everyone off and get the media to shut up about them, along comes another story that just adds to the ever-growing list of why Scientology should be banned and it's leaders jailed.

I have been following the Scientology thing on and off since Anonymous first declared war on them - yet I was surprised to find out that a media mogul like James Packer is one of them. Actually, it doesn't surprise me in the least now that I know.

Anyways, I advise watching the video as well, it only goes for 10 mins and delves more in-depth into this horrid story. All I can say is Kudos to the father and son for having escaped.

The place is literally a 10 minute drive from where I live too....bloody scary stuff.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15/2/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It seemed to me Tom Cruise
lost all his talent when he
started pushing scientology.

This recent story just adds to
the ever ongoing weirdness
cult. How could THESE PARENTS
have allowed there children to stay
their. I think the parents sh0uld be jailed.
Along with the people running the camp.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I seriously cannot look at Tom Cruise these days without feeling physically ill. I feel So sorry for Katie Holmes, she had such a promising life ahead of her.

It's such a shame John Travolta joined their ranks, I used to like the guy but again, as with Tom Cruise, I feel ill even looking at him now.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This makes me wild.. If I lived 5 minutes from the compound I would be busting down some doors and inserting some hollow points into some brain pans. DISGUSTING. and they call them selves Aussies?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AlanQaida

I won't say I haven't thought about it a few times since this aired

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Might have to have a chat to a fella I know at the afp, see what he thinks about all this inhumane treatment.. And they don't pa tax because they are a church wow, whatever happened to keeping religion out of politics?!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlanQaida
reply to post by Kryties

whatever happened to keeping religion out of politics?!

I don't know, perhaps we should ask Tony Abbott - the religious fruitcake.

I have noticed a trend of more religious thought flowing into our politics. They disguise it as other things, but at the core are the religious lobbyists snaking around getting their way.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Indeed, I couldn't care less about what people believe in as long as they don't try to use those beliefs through a system of goverenment to dictate legislation and law which affects my life.

I'm glad I wasn't born in somewhere like rome I would probably spend the rest of my life in a catholic dungeon lol.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

I seriously cannot look at Tom Cruise these days without feeling physically ill. I feel So sorry for Katie Holmes, she had such a promising life ahead of her.

It's such a shame John Travolta joined their ranks, I used to like the guy but again, as with Tom Cruise, I feel ill even looking at him now.

John Travolta too????

Myabe that is what happen to JET, remember his son died
a few years ago, in some weird shower accident.
I heard scientology is against mental handicapps

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

From memory the reason his son was suffering a mental condition is because they refused to let proper doctors treat him, instead they stuck firmly to Scientology and it's methods.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I might take 6 months off work, and go infiltrate this Scientology outpost and document as much as possible.. It could be interesting.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I do wonder how hard it would be to get a few 'bugs' in there.

Hopefully, when this investigation gets handed over to Bill Shorten he'll actually have the balls to look at it and perhaps send in the troops.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well I have a whole lot of equipment I could use
but nothing is more deceptive than making a person or group believe you need them, that you depend on them, I would probably get a satisfaction from alienating this group of mind warping selfists.

And bugs are easy to get in, a humble pen these days can record HD sound and audio, button cams, mini sticky cams etc. Hell id probably even make a donation just to make it look legit lol

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

This whole cult is sick.
Something needs to be done about them A.S.A.P

How they could continue to be operational is beyond belief, even if only a small percentage of claims about them were correct they would still be incredibly criminally liable.

They must be stopped and any and all people involved in the over-seeing of this ridiculous excuse for a religion given long term prison sentances.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I do wonder how hard it would be to get a few 'bugs' in there.

Hopefully, when this investigation gets handed over to Bill Shorten he'll actually have the balls to look at it and perhaps send in the troops.

All you really need to do is to give the police a good enough excuse to do a raid on the place, and then everything would come out... evidence and files from there would likely be enough to catch international members as well.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Hopefully Xenophon or Shorten will finally convince the police to raid the place. I can't WAIT to hear the Scientologists excuses then!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The C.O.S. is dying. They are losing money fast, and the bad press of the last few years has really hurt with new members. The old members have already given all they have to the church.

It's like a big Ponzi scheme, without new money it stops working.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

They still have the bigshots like Cruise, Travolta and Packer pumping money into them.....until that source is taken away from them then they can and still will fight.

But yes, more and more people are waking up to their nonsense. I even had my grandmother ask me what all this Scientology nonsense was the other day lol.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

reply to post by AGWskeptic

They still have the bigshots like Cruise, Travolta and Packer pumping money into them.....until that source is taken away from them then they can and still will fight.

But yes, more and more people are waking up to their nonsense. I even had my grandmother ask me what all this Scientology nonsense was the other day lol.

Packer left the COS in late 2008.

Cruise and Travolta give them money, but it's nowhere near enough to keep the giant machine running. C.O.S. properties are being seized as liens against them go unpaid. The main COS center in MN almost became the new home to a plumbing shop because they never paid for the new HVAC system he put in. The church did pay, but it was only 2 days before the scheduled auction.

Plus David Miscarriage is smart enough to not put the money screws to his celebs, he needs them for recruiting.

Now that they aren't bringing in new members he may feel differently, but even they couldn't foot the bills for the COS. They have yachts, international properties and lots of overhead.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join