It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do YOU cure road trip boredom?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by osirys
Shameless plug I know, but I have Coast to Coast podcasted to my Ipod. Definitely kills the time, and you learn a bit to.

But as you say, without electronics....

Have you heard of the Horse game? (for those who travel by farms)
The people in the car have to spot horses and call them. So whoever calls them first gets them (Horses! 5).
You can bank them in your barn by calling bank when you pass horse trailers. If you pass a cemetary you can bury another persons horses that arent banked. And if you call horses but they are actually cows, then you lose all your horses.

That sounds pretty fun. And it perfect as most of my driving is in and around south texas ranches.

Reminds me of windmill blackjack. If you spot a windmill that is not moving you get points according to the number of blades. moving wind mills are worth 10 points. It starts to get tricky when you pass the wind farms in california.
The trick is to get 21 points and not go over (bust).

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I dont know if you can do this since its business but we would know our destination, but not chart how to get there. You randomly guess.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Non-electronic? I guess that's great if someone is with you...
Otherwise....

My favorite is audio books. While I prefer to actually read books, these are great in the car. Especially if more short story oriented, so you don't really lose much.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I dont know if you can do this since its business but we would know our destination, but not chart how to get there. You randomly guess.

Yeah, theres no guessing for me. I do work out on various oilwell sites in south Texas and its already hard enough to find the right ones WITH a GPS. So in a way we end up playing the guessing game anyway because our rep seldomly gives us the right coordinates.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join