It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free courses from MIT

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Thank you just applied! Been looking for some free knowledge ! Trying too get out of my current job.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You're right it doesnt mean anything to employers without that piece of paper.

You can hobble together most of a degree from testing for credits if you shop around at different universities. My college education cost a third of what it should have because I went and tested for credits.

Unfortunately you cant get a whole degree this way. Sooner or later they get wise and start mandating you pay full tuition for that last years worth of bull#.

College is such a racket it isnt funny yet no politicians or groups are ever pushing for college reform. Billions of dollars, thousands of hours, sucking down tax dollars in grants and tax breaks yet the government wont touch them.

Organized crime at its highest level.

CLEP Testing

Older identical threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Funny, this topic seems to cycle 1st quarter annually.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Id just like to point out that the links you posted are for OCW not MITx.

As far as im aware, MITx is new, a new way of learning.

With this you gain a certificate from MIT. So you are rewarded for you're efforts. I dont know if they are worth anything to an employer, but im sure having something from MIT saying you studied with them will benefit your future

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I signed up, thanks for reminding me about this. Now I just gotta bone up on the pre-reqs(avail on OCW) by march 5th, so I'll understand what the hell is going to be taught

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

You may be on to something there. Anant Agarwal started a company backed by DARPA called Tilera, so that's kinda shady. But maybe I'm just being paranoid.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You're welcome

I thought I'd put everything in you might need for an analog course but I missed:

- Understanding what voltage and current are and the relationship to power
- AC theory
- Learning the basic units for each component type, such as Ohms, Farads etc
- Understanding the scaling of units, such as milli, micro, nano, pico, kilo, mega, giga
- Basic algebra skills and an understanding of basic formulae

Once you know the analog basics, learning digital becomes simple and before you know it you can design anything you want.

Here is a great free online circuit simulator you can use to see how circuits work. Falstad You can go to the circuits menu and select a ready made circuit to view its operation or you can create your own by right clicking in the circuit area.

Good luck!

edit on 15-2-2012 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Back in the early 80's when the PC was still in its infancy there was an anecdotal story told about Gerry Sussman and Richard Feynman the theoretical physicist. Apparently Feynman in his excitement to purchase a new computer tripped on the sidewalk curb and hit his head on the corner of the building.

Sussman

In those days personal computers ran at about 8 MHZ so waiting for probabilistic calculations would take as long as the biblical flood in Genesis. Feynman was a master troll.

You are always doing weird stuff. Besides there such a fine line between genius and madness that it sometimes difficult to tell! Listen, ape, the next time I go crazy around here, you be sure to tell me!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join