It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samoan bbq chicken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have never BBQ'd chicken before but this video makes me want to try this recipe. Can someone tell me how, when, I do this (have all the ingrediants) how to cook it on the bbq? By the way, would you ever try this?

if link doesn't show-- www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-2-2012 by ReadyPower because: added link

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yes, I too have a craving for some BBQ now

It looks delicious, as does the side dish, and I trust the Samoans know how to do some good BBQ.
I say try it out! Good luck...

spec

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
good. food.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
How to cook it? Simply bbq it like you would any other chicken, coals are best for flavor.

I see them do one thing very SCARY. They take the marinade that the raw chicken was in and put it on the meat as its cooking. I'd suggest reserving some of the marinade in a small saucepan then thicken on the stove using a bit of cornstarch and water, then brush on the chicken as it bbqs. Besides the thickening will help it stay on the chicken better.

Would I try this? The raw fish thing looked bizarre, but I'd try it (see my Poki Poki recipe). The chicken recipe is a pretty standard Hawaiian fare. I would probably add pineapple juice and more garlic, and maybe even a touch of papaya nectar and just a touch of vinegar, but that's my style. I'd maybe even grille some pineapple rings to go with it. Or how about this? Marinate boneless chunks of dark meat in that sauce, then make skewers with chicken, pineapple, green peppers, and sweet yellow onions, and grille it up and serve on rice? Yeah!!!

new topics

top topics

join