It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orb photo I took myself.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by darkblade71

Well that's fine, but don't post it in paranormal studies forum. Put it somewhere else. Offtopic discussions in BTS. Orbs are dust. That's it...or tiny water droplets. If you knew that then you should have known not to post it here because it isn't paranormal!!!!

edit on 12-2-2012 by webpirate because: formatting

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Most of it is dust but one looks like it has a tail

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Well that's fine, but don't post it in paranormal studies forum. Put it somewhere else. Offtopic discussions in BTS. Orbs are dust. That's it...or tiny water droplets. If you knew that then you should have known not to post it here because it [color=RED] ISN'T paranormal!!!!

edit on 12-2-2012 by webpirate because: formatting

pffft. You know what, it is funny that you should tell me where I can and cannot post stuff. I don't know if these are paranormal or not, sure did feel paranormal when I took the pics. Like I said, I was bored, so I posted them for opinions on what they are. Don't get all huffy with me. Wow, like...wow. SO aggressive and angry..

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

OK...sorry. didn't mean to sound that way. Your post just before mine seemed to lead me to believe you knew it might be dust or whatever, but posted it anyways because you were bored.
No offense intended. If you really weren't sure, then you put it in the correct place. My apologies for sounding so harsh if you really weren't sure about it.

edit on 12-2-2012 by webpirate because: spelling

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

No, I'm not sure. Which is why I posted them. I actually have more from the same night, but after seeing the reactions and what people think they are, I am going to go with the light reflection off of the fan light in the kitchen, as that was one of my possible explanations as well. I am just like everyone else, trying to find the truth.

If I hadn't of had the feelings, that made me take the photos, I would not of posted them here

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

OK...I understand. Sorry I misinterpreted your post here as you meaning you knew what it was but were just bored. So sorry. I didn't mean to come across as rude if you were really wanting to find the truth.

This topic seems to come up once a week or so at least. People take a pic and see orbs. I'm not saying that every single picture of an orb is dust or whatever. There could be the possibility there is that 1 image that is paranormal. But I have as of yet to see it. Every single one I have seen can be explained away as dust reflecting off of light, o small water droplets.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

No harm done

One of the things I have realized over the years is that spirit and spirits will use whatever they need to in order to get someones attention, including dust on camera lenses I would assume. Anything that makes you go WHOA!! That's cool! is a good thing, even if it is just dust or light.

I have seen actual orbs before visually, about the size of basketballs and iridescent. And they do kind of look like a lot of the dust orbs I have seen in pictures, only bigger, visible and aware of you when you are aware of them.

So I know that something like this exists

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I can't say anything about the "presence" you claim to have felt of course... but the "orb" is likely dust. Here's a pic of dust orbs I took in my paranormal investigation days:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hey,

just thought I'd share a true ORB caught on film by me and then what happen right after it.

Hope you like.

Just so you know I watch all 6 hours of this and not once did a dust orb fly by until this event.

edit on 12/2/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirric
Hey,

just thought I'd share a true ORB caught on film by me and then what happen right after it.

Hope you like.

Just so you know I watch all 6 hours of this and not once did a dust orb fly by until this event.

That's a light anomaly. Sirric, the place where the bed covers moved gave me the chills. If that footage was for real, then it is very cool, indeed. I hope you had no lasting effects.

Orbs that most people catch on camera are dust or bits of moisture. They are called 'backscatter.' The lens is not able to focus on the light being bounced off them by a flash, and creates little round circles. Sometimes, depending on the lens, they can all be crescent shaped or like donuts. They are not paranormal.

Light anomalies give off light, move erratically, and are visible to the naked eye in most cases. There is a difference.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

Yea,

No real lasting effect other than knowing that paranormal events are 100% real in my world!

We play the gayatri mantra every so often to ward off these spirit imps as I've been told that this was.

For anyone that feels they are haunted or has unsettled activity in their house, Please play this song for an hour each day on your speakers throughout the whole house. I can't prove or explain how this works, but trust me it does.

I have a work friend who after watching my video, tell me about his issues after moving into his new house with the ability to not get a good night sleep, so I gave him this powerful pryer to play and the next morning he said he and his girlfriend had their first deep and restful sleep in the house. I knew it worked for me, but it was satisfying to hear it helped him.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing darkblade71, I found the pic very interesting, I also have a pic of a "possible" Orb that i took myself and may share in the future, Although I must admit some of these responses have put me off abit

I Only posted my introduction recently although I have been reading through ATS for a while, And 1 thing other ATS members told me was that if you want opnions on your findings then this is the place to do it!

And personally if I was to post a possible orb photo I would have chosen paranormal studies also.

edit on 08/02/2012 by justcurious31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sirric

That is fairly darn scary!

Why were you filming? Had you been having paranormal things happening previous to the filming?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by justcurious31

JC31,

Yes I have had paranormal events happen in my life before but the real reason I was filming was to catch my cats whom I though was waking me, throughout the night, causing me to be tired the next morning.

Well it wasn't the cats after all.....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm happy to accept that orbs can be dust or water droplets etc (plus I'm not clued up on photography) but when I photograph my husband, he usually has a large orb by his head, and it often appears as though it's emerging from behind him, so that part of the view of it is obscured by him. I don't get it. How could that be a dust particle?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Ummm, Bet you don't sleep that well now !? I know I wouldn't!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think that dust particles/water droplet's/dirt on the lens and others can be easily misjudged to be paranormal Orbs.

But I also do believe spirits show themselves as Orbs as well. Just my opinion that is, There are so many different opinions on the subject of Orbs a discussion like this one could go on for ages. With no conclusion either way.

I really do enjoy looking at photo's like these though, I find them interesting.

What was the feeling that you said you experienced like darkblade71?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by justcurious31

The first few nights in the apartment it kept feeling like some one was coming in and out of the apartment. After a couple of nights of this I grabbed the camera to see if anything would pop up. I took about 5 orb photos while feeling like something was in the room with us.

This one was the weirdest.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Would be cool if you could set a camera up for a night

top topics

<< 1   >>

join