It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul stars in 1983 congressional baseball game (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Here is a video I got from a Ron Paul feed I am subscribed to on facebook. It shows him playing (and doing very well I might add) in the congressional baseball game in 1983 (Republicans V.S. Democrats). It's pretty awesome and I wanted to share it further.

Ron Paul goes 2 for 3 with a double, hit by pitch, reach on catcher's interference, and 2 RBI as the starting right fielder in the 1983 Congressional Baseball Game. Dr. Paul is a legendary player in the annual Congressional Baseball Game, being the only person to ever hit a home run over the fence in the game's 50 year history.

Story

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
And this is an Election 2012 story? OK.

I had a moment's thought of posting a video of Obama playing basketball, but I thought better of it.

Too bad Paul didn't run for president back then when his age wasn't a barrier like it is now.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Didn't really think it was political madness either. Just figured it was of interest since it is a story and information about a candidate running in the 2012 election. So, I didn't really see a problem. Thanks for commenting though.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

He did run for president back then.
I don't think his age is a barrier now really though.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And this is an Election 2012 story? OK.

I had a moment's thought of posting a video of Obama playing basketball, but I thought better of it.

Too bad Paul didn't run for president back then when his age wasn't a barrier like it is now.

Another gold contributor post
Why are people so worried about a member not knowing where to initially post their find? Give it a break. I hate clicking on a thread and reading "Sorry Mods if this is in the wrong place". Let's just do our best and if the mods move it, then so what? Thats their job. Great job

On topic: the video goes all black and fuzzy when Paul gets hit by the pitch. I'd like to see that.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by emaildogs

Yeah.. I found the Politicians and People forum too late (I'd never seen or used it before), but had B.H. waited five minutes the Mods moved it for me. I think the reason they comment like that is out of some uncontrollable desire to condescend and in B.H. case post something negative on a Ron Paul thread.

Ah well. I just thought it was entertaining. Ron Paul or baseball or both.
Thanks for commenting. I wanted to see it too, the video starts going out towards the end. Today I can only imagine the top loader vcr it was recorded on.

new topics

top topics

join