It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothman photo?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I got this link from another forum and it claims to have photos of the legendary Mothman. What do you think, hoax or somebody fooling around?

theozfactor.nucleardays.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
A bit too much speculation on creature features for my taste... Plays on your imagination while looking at the images, lol.

But I think the size looks odd... Or my eyes is just fooling me. But that thing looks as big as a car (assuming its a car bridge, not a walk bridge)! Only two images (for a change) is still to few though.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Extreme sports jumper??? It has the look of something aiming to go down in a dive to the water, not something taking off into the air. Even an albertros wouldn't just sink straight down like that.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Is it just me, or can anyone else tell that the second far away photo has been clearly altered. If you look at the first far away image, you can see on the other tall part of the bridge (to the right) the same shape of something on top of the structure, maybe they're both just some sort of statue. In the second picture you can see that someone has altered the sky where the thing used to be standing, clearly wiping it out. After that it was just a matter of taking that first image and altering it to make it look like it is flying away. The close up pics could have been done is many ways.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Wow, I haven't read anything on the Mothman for ages. Just got me interested in it/him again.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Good find, but unfortunately even if this was a "Mothman" the images are to poor to be of any real use, which is pretty standard when trying to prove anything in the conspiracy world.

To me, it just looks like a guy in an outfit.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
um..what the hells is the mothman?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILLCREEK
um..what the hells is the mothman?

Use the search function and you will find much more than enough information to satisfy your curiosity.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
hummm... not much evidence there... cant really say its anything in perticular...

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I dunno...

I think if the Mothman really did exist, he wouldn't be running on top of buildings like Spider-man.

I think he would be a lot more consealed.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
After following the link to the site where the original photos are housed, I was greeted by this:

" If you are interested in a vendor table to display or sell your mothman related merchandise (ufos, unexplained phenomenon, etc) the deadline for all vendor space is Saturday September 10th. Rates for table space is $25.00 for both Saturday and Sunday..you are responsible for bringing your own tables(2 8 foot tables are the normal setup). "

I wonder if there is a vested interest for someone to fake such types of photos? Anyways, here is the link to the actual 2 photos. Clearly much much darker. Scroll all the way down:

www.mothmanonline.com...

Do we have anyone on ATS who could do a little photoshop analysis of the "originals"?

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I know! It's a picture of Rodan!

[edit on 19-9-2004 by Godzilla2000]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Well whats mothman suppose to look like? A moth or a gargoyle?

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I think i would find it much easier to believe if all the reference to mothman ive found in the internet were'nt so vague and often contradictory. And much like loch ness monster and bigfoot, all the image are very poor quality and hard to make out.
It just seems very unlikely to me.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
what do u people think?
You think it's a weird creature?
Or u think he/she is a person in a moth costume?

me? I wonder if there is a mothmobile.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by pennyforyourthoughts]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
I dunno...

I think if the Mothman really did exist, he wouldn't be running on top of buildings like Spider-man.

I think he would be a lot more consealed.

unless he didn't give a care if someone saw him

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Looks more like a batman-wannabe to me, but he looks braver than that guy climbing Buckingham-Palace. Boy, what a show-off that was

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Seriously did anybody even read my post. In the first picture you can see the same exact "creature" standing on the other upper beam of the bridge closest to the photographer. It's some sort of bracket or mount holding the bridge beams that simply protrudes a bit. The second picture is simply photoshopped, you can see the airbrushing has altered the sky, cool looking pic though.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Olafski
Looks more like a batman-wannabe to me, but he looks braver than that guy climbing Buckingham-Palace. Boy, what a show-off that was

Dude, Batman does that all the time

Erm...on a more serious note, on the first image where they display the circle magnifying the Mothman you can clearly tell the picture's fake. Somebody forgot to make the circle AFTER using the fuzz effect

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Pay no attention to me. I can be quite silly. Oh wait. You guys are utterly ignoring me. Now I'm going to cry.

<<   2  3 >>

join