It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you want knowledge? Do you only seek power?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I ask this in the general conspiracy board because I know that's what I originally wanted when I first was unaware and I first was researching conspiracies. It's taken me a long time to admit this but after watching Full Metal Alchemist again it got me thinking. Why does human kind want to participate in experiments?

Can people honestly think they just want pure knowledge? Or would they do anything to try to gain power over others and to try to seek control through the most ruthless means imaginable? The enemies in the series suggested that humans were not so different from them. They had their own ambitions. So did the humans. They later on in the series said that they were trying to stop humans from using those devices among themselves from unleashing unspeakable evil using the philosopher stone for themselves.

Sorry if I spoiled the original series but it isn't like it mattered since the Brotherhood series is more true to the original manga and the original FMA diverged from it so it's not completely cannon (though it is important). But back to the point... aren't most of you here just seeking for knowledge for the sake of acquiring more power for your political ends or goals?

I know that's what I was doing. That's all I cared about at first. I only did it for myself. I didn't care about the truth until I realized that this world is being ran full of bastards who care nothing more but their own views and don't realize what problems would result if they would enforce their views on everyone else and the consequences of their action (which would lead to complete domination of humanity by a series of appointed elite officials over the masses who have some mantle of "legitimacy" to carry out their actions).

I wanted power to control others. Why was I interested in magic for so long and in spells and in stuff like that? Trying to see if things were real or not? No real reason... other for the fact that I wanted people to like me. I wanted people to love me so at the time I was researching in NLP and voodoo stuff so that I could get people to. Fortunately, I realized the errors of my ways, and I realized that you can't really manipulate the ways of the universe in any ways that you want it to, unless you really need something to change. But, for something like love, or something like friendship, that is something in itself which only you have power over and no one can control that for you.

I am now interested in magic more from an academic standpoint and knowing how different it is from prayer. It's the same thing with psychic abilities. I used to only be interested in psychic abilities because I wanted to control people's minds. I used to be a huge control freak and I wanted to control how people thought and what people's actions were. I wanted to be able to dive into people's minds or visit places where I couldn't be so I was researching remote viewing.

I initially was interested in propaganda only so that I could use it for myself. I had no intention of sharing my knowledge. It wasn't only till I realized that everyone else was thinking these same things and they had some of the same knowledge that I did about these subjects and about power and control. The only problem was that everyone else was seeking power and they only wanted to just "get ahead" in life while cutting out the little man that got the butt end of the problems. The big boys who call themselves Capitalists are just fakers who will go to the state and ask them to buy the population off while they maintain their power. We were lucky to get a victory against the establishment with SOPA and PIPA. But pretty soon they'll go back to their old control freak ways and they'll propose something just as dangerous. You can count on that.

Why was I interested in alien tech before? I was only interested in alien tech because I wanted people to be able to be mobilized against something greater than ourselves. I also wanted to be able to know about the mind control experiments to see just how easy it was to manipulate people and change them so they act something that they wouldn't be doing. My goal in life was initially to become a journalist in life who appeared to be interested in politics and liberty so I could persuade people to come to my interests. I was really only interested in control back then... back then I was still a control freak. I knew about media biases. I just simply didn't care. I just said they existed but I didn't realize why they existed.

I really believe that things do need to change and that power can be used for good and for evil. I still seek power. So do many people. But power is not the only thing that I care about anymore. I care deeply about other people and I am really concerned about the way things are going. Life's like one gigantic party for the elites and we're not invited.

I guess what I'm saying... is think about your motivations for acquiring this knowledge. Are you only interested in it for yourself? If so... then perhaps you're one of them. Power influences people. It is not wrong to seek power in itself. But just be cautious about how you use it and why. I used to be a control freak and now I'm a radical anti-statist libertarian and I see the errors in my previous ways of wanting a completely rule bound society where my rules would bound other people and regulate their behavior and their economic actions.

Not saying you all should become libertarians... but that you should just be careful what you wish for. You might just get it.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I seek power to show other people that if I can do it, they can too. Bringing power back to the people is a #1 in my book.

All knowledge lies within anyway, however we've been trained and conditioned to think only with the left side brain, or 10% of our brain in all. Nowhere near our natural full potential.

I'm not talking about Chronicle powers, although they would be useful in self-defense, but powers to speed up crop growth would make corporations like Monsanto unnecessary and obsolete.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The more knowledge one has, the closer to the truth of reality youll be and youll have a better idea of where you stand in all of it. Ive always, and still only want anwers. The truth. As far as magic and spells Im not much of a believer. But.. If such things do exist then so does karma. I do believe no matter what the act, you get it back times 10. Prying into peoples minds would leave yours open for the picking and so on. I also believe that a highly developed psyche and spiritual enlightenment can unlock some serious talents. With things so important you get only so far lusting for power. An aquired respect for yourself and others will get you much farther in life. Confidence, not complacency, is always the key with these things.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I firmly believe that knowledge is power. But I myself seek knowledge for a power much different than the power that is used to control. I seek knowledge to understand. I yearn to know the unseen.

The ancients used knowledge purely, I like that. I believe we as humans should model after that. Not the needless expansion of our own parasitic nature.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I want knowledge and power to better my life and get out of this mess I've been in my entire life with little to no money and constantly pushed around.

If there are any sinister "Illuminati" groups out there (doubtful since they haven't existed since the 18th century), then grant me the money to get my own place with recording studio and millions in the bank to publish and release my own music and I'll release a song as often as I can that deals with your ideals.

Anyone think that'll work? Me neither.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

"They" don't exist as the conspiracy theorists say they do. They still may exist and have their connections to high places but the real organizations with the higher powers and influence are right in front of us. They just keep mocking us by trying to remind us about how worthless they think we all are while maintaining their status-quo.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Sure, power. I wanted more power over my own life, my own affairs. And I got that, I made it happen. Anything is attainable if you know what you want. Many who seek and attain power over others fail to have power over themselves. In that case one's motives should then be re-examined to determine just what it is they really want and why they feel they want power over others.

If you have power over your own self, your own life, then you really do not need power over others.

edit on 5-2-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Revenge. There is a required paymetn for every time someone puts negativity out. I simply want them to get whats coming to them, thats all. No personal power or anything like that. Like a beat pit bull.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
edit DP
edit on 6-2-2012 by strangedays because: (no reason given)

top topics

join