It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS bug: "Click to open player in new window" problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Please see my old thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Scroll down just underneath the photo, and it says "Click to open player in new window". Does this work for anybody?

It doesn't seem to be clickable. It used to be an embedded video, and I see the video is still around, but the link in my thread no longer plays it or even redirects to it.

Is this a known ATS bug where it says "click to open player in new window", there's nothing to click?

It would be nice if it actually did what it says.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The actual text does not link to the video, but the video box itself does. I think it's just an embed issue. I bet the mods or another member can tell you what happened exactly.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

So you see a video box?
I'm using Firefox version 9.0.1 and I'm not seeing any video box.

edit on 4-2-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Firefox here too and I see no video box in your post. I checked a random ATS recap post to see how they embed it there and you seem to be doing it exactly the same tag-wise. The only (probably useless) suggestion I can make is, are you sure you got the right media number? I know it's only 4 digits so chance for error is low but it's the only thing I can think of.
ETA Just noticed it's an old thread so I guess it used to work? Assuming it did either the files are no longer there or have been renamed would be my new guess. I'm not doing very well today...

edit on 4/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Using Firefox 9.0.1 here and it works fine. The image above the "click here" text is a link to open the vid in a new window.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
Firefox here too and I see no video box in your post.
ETA Just noticed it's an old thread so I guess it used to work?
Yes these files used to be embedded and you didn't have to open a new window, but I'm not complaining about that change, the new window would be fine.

I guess I'm not the only one who can't see the box in Firefox then. I've confirmed that all scripts on the page are enabled to run.

Originally posted by D4nny
Using Firefox 9.0.1 here and it works fine. The image above the "click here" text is a link to open the vid in a new window.
Thanks for the feedback. In that case maybe there's some magic setting in Firefox I and some others don't have set right? If so I have no idea what that setting is.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

That's the weird thing. All other ATS vids such as the Recaps and The Truth Is Viral work fine for me in the same Firefox.

I looked to play with it myself but I can't even see ow you can upload videos to ATS.

edit on 5/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

ETA Answered my own question. Vid uploads are temporarily disabled at the moment.
edit on 5/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

It worked in Opera 11.61, Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 11 (Beta, I think), Google Chrome 16.0.912.77, Safari for Windows 5.1.2 and Firefox 3.6.24 in Ubuntu.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for the feedback ArMaP. Time for me to try some other browsers too.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Doh! Like I mentioned I'm not doing very well...
After having re-read and tried again clicking the image instead of the text (Doh!) it works fine in FF 10 (and 11 too) on Linux. Sorry for the line noise
Facpalm...

top topics

join